[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the greatest BBQ side dish? I have to have baked beans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: archers-bbq.jpg (41KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
archers-bbq.jpg
41KB, 300x450px
What is the greatest BBQ side dish? I have to have baked beans with mine, usually coleslaw for my second side. Macaroni and cheese if I'm feeling extra fiendish.
>>
beans
mac n cheese
I only like cole slaw on sandwiches
>>
cole slaw. you can mix a little bbq sauce in it and its pretty good.
>>
>>8097389
I like coleslaw w BBQ mostly because of the flavor and temperature contrast. For the same reason I'll eat a few sliced pickles with a BBQ dinner.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 500x303px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 500x303px
Brunswick stew
the southern kind, not that stuff they call brunswick stew in virgina
also bbq pickled onions
>>
Baked beans and cole slaw
>>
>>8097410
I had never even heard of Brunswick stew until I visited Georgia. Apparently it really is a big deal at BBQ joints over there. In texas it's unheard of. I ordered some with my BBQ plate and enjoyed the Brunswick stew more than the BBQ. Great stuff.
>>
>>8097418
yea it's big deal in georgia, most of the time when people here discuss bbq joints the first question is "how good is their stew?"
>>
GREEENS nigguh. preferably with a little dried onion and crispy potk fat and lots of pot likker.

ill eat a side of greens a foot high with my bbq
>>
>>8097387
onion rings or fried okra
corn on the cob w/butter, hopefully in a boat of butter and pepper grinders on the table
sweet potato

potato salad
If it's my house where I'm having the BBQ and I planned ahead, I like a bacony eggy potato salad with lots of celery leaves in it. Grandma's recipe.

My baked beans are s'alright, but not on par with the better BBQ joints using drippings and pork in there. It's baked with a layer of bacon and red bell peppers arranged on top, lots of onion, added chili sauce, mustard, worchestershire, touch of brown sugar.

Cole slow is so hit or miss in a restaurant, where it might be a sugary food processed mess. I have to know if it's good before I order it (be a repeat customer). I like creamy slaws with a hint of apple cider vinegar, and copious celery seed, hopefully super fine savoy cabbage.

Corn bread is hit or miss, usually sweet in a restaurant setting, bleh
>>
>>8097387
>Cole slaw is GOAT, esp if the bbq is spicy
>Beans, when done well, are also great
>Mac'n'cheese is ok, but sometimes it can be too rich combined with the meat
>Corn on the cob is fucking shit, who wants to eat a meal with corn stuck in their teeth the whole time
>Thick white bread is good with nashville-style hot chicken
>Collard greens are only acceptable with fried chicken
>>
>>8097418
>Brunswick stew
yea, no thanks. Any soup that has a couple cups of ketchup, bbq sauce, worcestershire...and then park a lot of leftovers in it, like chicken and beef.
No. Just no. Yea, I've tried it everywhere.

This recipe needs to stay in the 1950s history. It's possible to make soup with delicious lima beans and corn, and not use a bunch of crap from bottles. It's not that much worse than Kentucky Burgoo, where you dump a bunch of steak sauce and worcestshire on each serving. Dear God!
>>
>>8097532
greens are GOAT
especially with pulled pork and corn bread
>>
My usual go-to choices are cole slaw, greens or mac and cheese if the options are standard. If fried okra is an option though I'm gonna pick that every time.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.