[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how does /ck/ feel about western style Asian cuisine ? baked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: o (1).jpg (185KB, 1000x746px) Image search: [Google]
o (1).jpg
185KB, 1000x746px
how does /ck/ feel about western style Asian cuisine ?

baked pork chops with cheese over rice red sauce
>>
i'm sure no one on /ck/ has ever tasted what you're trying to get at, which is not Americanized Chinese food, but almost like Chineseified American food, i.e., Chinese-American (fusion?) food sold to Chinese tastebuds, not Chinese-American food sold to American tastebuds.

Kind of like bizarro-Americanized-Chinese food I guess
>>
File: lasagne1.jpg (275KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
lasagne1.jpg
275KB, 1600x1200px
Got a Lasagne recipe cooked in those dishes that's similar.
>>
Japanese Italian food (wafu pasta and the likes) is pretty great. Miso carbonara can be life changing if you find a place that does it well
>>
File: 20141002_124351_HDR.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20141002_124351_HDR.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>8092426
*fist bump*
>>
>>8092426
Is that xo kitchen in nyc?
I had that the other day, pretty good cheap meal desu.
>>
>>8092426
How is that even Asian related?

Its a fucking porkchop baked in rice with some tomato sauce and cheese.

Nothing about that sounds remotely Asian.
>>
>>8092457
I'm familiar with the stuff, but I doubt the question's directed at me.

Here in Singapore the Asianised Western food can mostly be traced back to the British pulling out of their military bases, leaving the (typically of Hainanese origin) camp cooks in need of new work. So your basic meal format tends to be along the lines of "interchangeable meat, fried, with brown sauce, served with fries, a piece of fried bread, and possibly baked beans and/or coleslaw."

There's a tendency towards multiple starches in a single meal with hardly any veg to speak of. Sausages and ham, if offered, will typically be frozen hotdogs and something like bologna, both fried. Cheese will be pre-sliced singles only, or Kraft 'parmesan'
>>
File: o.jpg (166KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
166KB, 1000x750px
Resident chinkfag here.

That food is typically referred to as HK diner food. >>8092426 and >>8092490 are the more "lavish" options and are very delicious. It's very saucy and warm and somewhat mild in taste.

Pic related is also good.
>>
File: recipeomurice-recipe.jpg (122KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
recipeomurice-recipe.jpg
122KB, 600x900px
>>8092426
what about yoshoku? omurice is delicious
>>
>>8092586
Aw shit I recognize this. Never had the sort with cheese on it though.
>>
Im willin to risk it all and eat all of these.
>>
>>8092457
You are wrong anon. I eat japanized western food all the time. I live here and buy it when I'm too lazy to cook. Japanese risotto and cakes are top notch, and hanbaagu is amazing if done well. Japanese fail at spaghetti though.
>>
>>8092565
Do you also believe japanese only eat rice and fish, mexicans only eat beans, and burgerstanis only eat ketchup? Stop believing your local mall food court has anything to do with what people actually eat in foreign countries.
I live in Asia, and that looks like Asian food. Tex mex is American food, even though it vaguely resembles mexican. It's localized to suit local taste. Italianoid food is very popular in Asia, often more so than native food.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (14KB, 468x314px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
14KB, 468x314px
>>8092576
That sounds like a special kind of hell anon.
>>
I went to Japan when I was a teenager with an organization called people to people, and the first meal that I ate when I landed was a bisected grilled hotdog, hamburger patty with beef demi-glace, steamed broccoli, and rice.

Then later at my homestay and a bed and breakfast I ate beef bourguignon and steamed scallops with fresh caviar. Curious stuff.
>>
>live in Korea
>People love this shit

It's beyond disgusting. Actually made me physically ill once.
Koreanized or Sinofied western food is worse than the other way around, easily.
>>
>>8095181
>implying
I'd take Hong Kong egg tarts over orange chicken any day
>>
>>8095165
What's fresh caviar?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.