[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever eaten an animal you personally killed? Would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 13

File: JUST.jpg (77KB, 444x460px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
77KB, 444x460px
Have you ever eaten an animal you personally killed?

Would you have any objections to that?
>>
a rainbow trout i caught on a fishing trip. it was cleaned and cooked by dad, but i was ultimately responsible for its death.

i'd probably have some apprehension towards killing and eating a mammal. but it'd power through the puss emotions and get over it.
>>
I used to hunt deer, duck, and sometimes rabbit every year they were in season.

Made a bad shot on a deer one year because I had bumped my scope at some point out walking. The deer suffered for at least 30 minutes while I fallowed it thought the woods before shooting it up close when it couldn't stand anymore.

Stopped hunting after that, I kinda felt bad. For some reason that incident stuck with me
>>
Does killing fish ive caught count?
>>
File: 458457348746.jpg (99KB, 660x526px)
458457348746.jpg
99KB, 660x526px
>>8087142
Only killed fish and half dead rabbits/birds my cat brings home.

One time we caught a sailfish from my boat and we decided to keep it. We cut its bill off and snapped its spine to fit it in the cooler. felt bad about that, probably wouldn't keep one of those majestic fuckers again.

RIP sailbro, you were tasty.
>>
>>8087142
No I haven't. That's what the abattoir is for.
>>
That I've killed personally? Lots of fish and seafood , but that's it.

I used to date an old school Cajun chick, and I went to her family farm once for a boucherie (pig slaughter). All the guys got drunk, then we had to help kill that huge bastard, then string it up, drain it, and tear it down. Nothing like boudin from an animal that was alive 30 minutes ago.
>>
>there are people in this board who eat meat daily and have never slaughtered an animal
>>
>>8087194
This. WHAT THE FUCK? Everyone should personally kill their food at least once in their lives.
>>
fish don't count really.

I caught a rabbit in a snare when I was a manly scout, gutted and skinned it myself then cooked up a fucking delicious stew on a camp fire.
>>
>>8087142
>Have you ever eaten an animal you personally killed?
Jup, but only a rabbit with a .22. I wouldn't mind to have a go at something bigger with my SG 550 or K31.

>Would you have any objections to that?
No.
>>
>>8087142
Yes
If I don't get a gun killing my own animal is Moronic because I have no idea how to and I will absolutely without dobut make a mess
>>
>>8087203
Sorry, I don't exactly live near a farm
>>
i ate some ants when i was a kid
>>
Yes. Lots and lots of chickens.
>>
>>8087203
I went over to visit my paternal grandmother in Viet Nam when I was 9. It was sometime in the afternoon and she asked if I was hungry. I said yeah. She went out back to give me a huge butcher knife and then pointed out back to where her chickens roamed free. She said I needed to catch one and then cut off its head with the knife. Took me a while to catch one. Took me a few tries to cut off its head. It was a delicious dinner.

Anyway, I have more respect for the food now.
>>
I remember catching my first fish that I cleaned myself, I was with a friend and I'd caught a fat 10" yellow perch and I was like what the fuck do I do with this thing? and he told me to give it a bonk to stun it and then cut between the gills. I ended up clocking it with a mini maglite so hard that it got knocked out and started bleeding out of its gills and seemed to die instantly

I'm not bothered by it, it's still kinder than factory farming and eating four chickens worth of chicken wings with potatoes fried in beef tallow and served with beef gravy when you go out for dinner. If anything it's somewhat respectful
>>

Yes. Many times. Deer, rabbit, various gamebirds, fish, shrimp, crabs...
>>
>>8087318
>killing chickens by decapitation
wat
My grandmother always taught me to do it by snapping their necks
Also shot a few sheep with bolt guns, grew up on a small farm
>>
>>8087368
That's how they kill most animals in 3rd world countries that don't have firearms, stunners, or bolt guns.
I know a farmer who still kills his ducks with a hatchet. It's not THAT uncommon
>>
>>8087389
>3rd world countries that don't have firearms
3rd world countries DO have firearms.
>>
>>8087396
Yes, by acquiring illegally. But why waste a bullet on a chicken when you need to save it for an intruder or some orphan?
>>
>>8087405
Also, sorry, just realized how silly it would be to shoot a chicken. Insert any medium sized livestock instead.
>>
>>8087405
>when you need to save it for an intruder
This is the mentality you find in rural Iraq, Somalia, Sudan or USA.
>>
>>8087414
They shoot bullets in the air to celebrate weddings, man.
>>
File: 57117b4f4b559.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
57117b4f4b559.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>8087424
Russia is not third world country
>>
>>8087424
>They shoot bullets in the air to celebrate weddings
In the USA maybe, not sure about Somalia or Sudan.
>>
>>8087441
Oh they definitely do it.
>>
>>8087237
>because I have no idea how to and I will absolutely without dobut make a mess

...sooo why not research how to do it beforehand?
>>
>>8087142
I cook and eat deer that I kill on a regular basis. I eat deer meat about twice a week. Also, fish during the Spring. I eat bass and bluegill bream weekly during the Spring months. Rabbits when the season is in and doves during late Summer/early Fall.
>>
>>8087207
>dead animal
>fish don't count
Wat
>>
>>8087455
It's nothing to do with Liberals.

But American gun laws are on parr with the lowest of 3rd world countries.
>>
>>8087142
That's basically how I get all of my meat nowadays actually, eventhough I really don't eat meat but on weekends in the first place anymore.
I think that's certainly the more ethically justifiable option to eat meat when on the other end of the scale there's animal concentration camps.
>>
>>8087439
fourth world?
>>
>>8087470
Shut your whore mouth
>>
>>8087470
Russia is second world country I think
>>
>>8087142
A few fish but I don't think that really counts.
>>
>>8087269
If I kill an animal properly, it's dead instantly. However, vegetables stay alive long after they are harvested, and even during the cooking and eating process. You are a monster if you think that's OK. Plants have been recorded as giving off chemical triggers and even electrical signals that are detected by other plants when they are damaged. Just because carrots don't have cute widdle eyes doesn't make you not a monster.
>>
>>8087840
This. 1st, 2nd, 3rd world terminology is always used to describe MOST DEVELOPED -> LEAST DEVELOPED, but the terminology never referred to development. They're cold war terms used to refer capitalist aligned nations (first world), communist aligned nations (second world) and non-aligned nations (third world), like the phillipines.
>>
Walleye, northern pike (lots of bones), 8 point buck. It tastes better when you have the reward of catching and killing, however killing an animal is quite an experience itself.
>>
Not exactly killed, but I did help butcher a boar
>Dad finds half dead boar on the way back
>Some truck knocked it earlier
>Decide to finish off the job with his truck
>Bring it back home
>Cut it into portions
>Guts still warm
>Ticks all over
The difficult part was ensuring the stomach didn't burst. That and splitting it down to the pelvic, since it was a male.
Also shit coming out, blergh.
Made some pork chops with it, gave most of the meat to our Rottweilers.
>>
i held a lamb down yesterday while my friend sliced its throat open. I still dont know how to feel about it. on the one hand its like...i eat meat all the time but i dont see the slaughter...so doing it this way seems appropriate. on the other hand it was fucked up to hold this animal down and look him in the eyes as we killed him. i took care of this lamb for 2 days before killing it. his arm is still in my fridge and his skin is salting on the stoop.
>>
>>8087142
Chickens, turtles, goats, deer, pig. never did a cow, they're too damn big to deal with

>>8087389

two nails in a stump is how we did it in Missisissippi, which is technically a third world country so I guess you're on to something.
>>
>>8087142
do ants count?

they taste like lemons

the only animal i would kill is a wild one, cause you know they are already doing the whole surival bit instead of depending on humans
and hell yeah i would eat it
>>
>>8087298

kek
>>
Lobster count? Stabbed it in the head and wiggled the knife till it stopped moving.
>>
>>8087886
Some people say a small blessing before they kill an animal for food.
>>
>>8087886
I am in no way makig this up, but the hungrier you are, the less you care. It's a deeply biological reaction to killing prey. If you feel squeamish, skip a few meals and you'll be tearing that leg of lamb up like it was ambrosia.

>>8087972
you can do this to, my aunt always would say grace and include any of the animals we had to slaughter for supper. Kosher and halal meat is all killed this way, you have to say a prayer and use a special knife so the animal suffers as little as possible
>>
>>8087269
Fuck off faggot
>>
>>8087142
I hunt grouse.
They're breddy gud.
>>
My baby hamster died and I was scared to get in trouble so I swallowed it
>>
>>8087142
I have seen pigs getting killed twice. I never killed any, but mostly because I didnt have the opportunyty since I grew enough to be able to do it.

I remember being a little sorry for the pig, but it was because my uncle fucked up and had to stab it twice because he missed the heart.
>>
I've got two squab pigeons in my fridge. Freshly plucked and smooth and pink and plump.
They weren't even old enough to fly when I picked them up and nestled them gently in my hands while I snapped their necks.
Any recipes for squab?
>>
>>8088184

I love to cook them using a chinese method normally used for chicken or duck. Marinade them for a little while in rice wine with ginger, scallions, and a little star anise. Take out of the marinade then hang them from hooks--ideally in front of a fan--and let the skin get really dry. Then deep fry them in very hot oil, using a metal ladle to spoon the hot oil over the top of them. Keep them constantly moving with the oil poured over. You get a super crisp skin and tender flesh beneath.
>>
>>8087142
No, nobody in my family hunts.

I've euthanized animals for research though.
>>
My dad and I were starving on the appalachian trail. We were in "the wilderness," a 100+ mile stretch with no stores or roads or cell coverage nearby. So, we set up camp and started trapping squirrels. We got 3 in one day, thank god. We boiled one and fire roasted to other two. One of em on the fire didnt get gutted right because it was attrociously gamey, But the other 1, 10/10. Got us enough food to make it another 30 miles to the nearest store. Paired really well with the rice we seasoned with peppermint we found on the trail.
>>
>>8087142
I bought a chicken just to kill it, and then we ate it.
>>
>>8087142
plenty of chicken to make portuguese "arroz de cabidela" which requires the chicken blood

and some wild boar in the forested mountain ranges in portugal with a bow
>>
>>8087142
You shoot a deer in the head with a gun? Why not just cut its throat if you already caught it?
>>
I spearfish.

You're supposed to stab them in the head after you spear them to end their suffering quickly but I don't because they're flopping around and shit and I don't want to accidentally stab my hand. They take a while to stop, desu.

Do fish have feelings?
>>
>>8087142
>This kills the goat
>>
>>8087142
Yes. Goats, chickens, deer, rabbit, fish, and elk and pheasant (not fucking worth it for that shitty little bird).
>>
>>8087142
Lol yes.
>>
>>8087142
Yes, I fish. I usually unhook them and slit the head off if I am travelling with them. Otherwise I insert my thumb in through the gills and severe the spinal cord with my nail. It is easier to fillet them with the head still on, I find.
>>
>>8089315
>deer
>>
>>8089319

Gill grab them when you're doing it. If you're so spastic you can't dispatch your fish then you probably shouldn't be in the water.
>>
>>8087162
They should make a movie about this.
>>
>>8087142
I've killed and butchered much meat in my time, immeasurable and beyond my memory. I grew up on a farm and give my services to those around me on weekends in exchange for goods.

Fish don't count.
>>
i grew up in a hood with a feral chicken problem. me and the kids from the block would run them down on bikes, chase them under houses, train dogs to catch them, catch them ourselves. chickens are fast as fuck. then we'd have to bleed and scald them, nothing smells worse than boiled feathers. then we'd cut off their feet, hang the feet out to dry, spray them with clear rustoleum and sell them to tourists as voodoo charms downtown. you could really make bank in the summer time killing chickens.
>>
>>8087368
its very quick too and unlike neck snapping it really helps bleed them out quick. the arterial spray from a beating heart followed by a hang bleed is quicker than just a hang bleed.
>>
>at high school
>lunch time
>walk out the backdoor
>school is right beside a forest
>see a fucking grouse just walking by the trail I usually walk during lunch
>look for a rock
>0 rocks
>have to run around the building
>come back with 4 nice sized rocks
>grouse is gone
>go back to where I last saw it
>see it off behind like 14 trees
don't even have a remotely clear line of sight
>decides to go for it anyways
>call down a blessing from Artemis to let my aim be true
>throw my rock
>most pinpoint perfect shot of my life
>hit that fucker square in the head
>not only that but the rock carried its head to the ground and pinned it
>dash through the trees and grab it
>rip its head off
>run home and throw my prize in the fridge
>have it with pasta later that night
>>
Yes. A friend was moving out of his apartment and him and his girlfriend were also splitting up. They had kept rabbits and he wasn't going to keep his.
While I was drunk the girlfriend persuaded me into adopting it. I said, "I'm gonna eat it, you know." She said, "It's not my fucking rabbit, eat him if you want."

Well a few weeks later I concluded that adopting a rabbit was a really bad fucking idea and I butchered him, braised him, then made a stew. I shared it with a few people, including my friend, who said "Rest in peace, he was fucking delicious."
>>
>>8089319
Just get a fish bat like everybody else uses.
Or smash the head with a big rock until they stop flopping if you wanna be all caveman about it.
>>
I ate an ant once as a kid.
>>
>>8087424
Indeed they do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJEO3rmefmI

They do crazy tricks in Algeria: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLWIO1vIIos
>>
I've killed so many animals and enjoyed their bounty.

One of my favorite memories is the first deer I killed. My girlfriend's sister made spaghetti out of a mixture of beef fat and my venison. Ground meat balls.

Rural Michigan. My girlfriend's sister was perfect. I wish I could have had her.
>>
>>8087458

fisherman are not proper hunters in my book.
>>
A cow. Cut him at the jugular and let him jump around a bit. Took about 3 minutes to stop jumping and another 5 to stop twitching. Cooked the meat immediately and it was delicious.
>>
>>8089791
They taste like shit, bro. Rip.
Had to brush my teeth because the taste got stuck in my shitty gapped gaps.
>>
>Cutting off portions from a large animal
>It twitches
How often does this happen?
>>
File: pepedeath.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
pepedeath.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
Not in the traditional way
But when I was at my very poorest (I am Russian and the economy was hard recently) I stole from the apartment living next door her cat, and throw it out the window. she found it when returning from the work and screamed. I run downstairs and pretend to calm her and offer to move the body so she doesn't have to see it. then I took and cooked it. i feel bad, but needed protein.
>>
>>8087461
Just like their urban cloud watching laws.
>>
I grew up in Morocco and moved to the states at 15. I've never bought pre packaged chicken. I buy a nice fat hen every week from a local farm 30 minutes away and kill it myself. Never had to worry about GMO's or anything. Whenever I cook for friends they say it's the juiciest, most flavorful chicken they've had.
>>
>>8089976

You gotta eat when you gotta eat.
>>
Had to slaughter a sheep so my pop pop could teach me the value of life. Just stabbed and punched out its throat. I was 12, didn't freak out or anything. My parents tried to raise me like a dang ol cityboy.
>>
>>8089976
>things that didn't happen
>>
>>8087162
I had a similar incident, I just got better at shooting.
>>
I have killed and eaten both rabbits and Guinea pig. The rabbit was delicious and the Guinea pig was atrocious. The way they eat it in Ecuador is like a small fish or something, they just eat the bones.

The rabbit was cooked into a stew and was as good as you'd expect.

I have no objections, and in fact prefer it. I think if you couldn't stand to eat meat if you had to kill it yourself, you shouldn't be eating it just because someone else did. That's total cognitive dissonance and is intellectually and ethically dishonest.
>>
Do people count?
>>
Nothing except fish (plenty of fish tho).

I really wold like to kill an animal and planing to get a hunting license.
>>
Yes. No exaggeration, but I have killed and eaten literally hundreds of animals.
Why do you ask?
>>
A worm
>>
>>8090821
Yum.
https://youtu.be/d6k9msTgMFI
>>
>>8087192
I fell in love with Louisiana at age 6 witnessing something like that
>>
>>8087907
Millions of years of adapting it's chitinous armor to ward off attackers.
Dies by a knife
Take that evolution
>>
Many fish, many crawdads, one snake, several frogs and a chicken. I have no objections, except that I'd rather an expert killer take care of it for me, in most cases.
>>
>>8087458
Christians believe fish aren't animal. Bible doesn't specify fish as animal, so during lent (meat-free days), they eat fish.

It makes sense if you've been taught your whole life that bible is the only source of information. This gets passed on for centuries and generation after generation. So fish aren't meat to them.
>>
>>8091140

It's the same for Buddhists. There is a prohibition against the eating of land animals, but fish is not prohibited.
>>
all the time, I go deer hunting
venison chili is delicious
>>
>>8089882
Neither are farmers and ranchers you dumb cousin-fucking retard.
>>
>>8091140
>Christians believe
Christians are sheep I believe
This shit started back in the day when the only peeps that could get on the king's nerves (and Live) was the church, also there were over 200 fasting days a year back then, so some smart fucking king invented fish farming so he didn't have to just eat turnips 3 days a week like a fucking peasant
>>
>>8091407
Me again
242 fasting days a year back then
forward this to about the 6:15 mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eweQA_UUNjc
>>
>>8089789

You can't exactly swing a bat/rock while swimming in the water. Iki jime spiking them is the best way to kill a fish, supposedly the meat tastes better when you do too.
>>
I'm from a Cuban family and we raise a lot of tortoises, chicken, ducks, dogs, cats, parrots, pigs, goats, etc.
The most brutal kills I've done to animals that I've eaten were:
1. Snapping a chicken's neck out of place and letting it slowly die through suffocation.
2. Slicing a pig's throat open while hanging it from its back legs letting it bleed out and suffocate.
3. Twisting, pulling, and snapping a duck's neck/spine and letting it bleed out/suffocate.
4. Shooting a goat in the back of the head with a .44
5. Crushing a tortoise with a sledge hammer on its bottom shell and then crushing its head when it popped it out due to the intense pain it felt.

I raised them all myself so I felt like crying at some points when doing these things but they were extremely delicious.
>>
File: s.jpg (34KB, 636x636px) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
34KB, 636x636px
>>8087142
Peruvian spic here. Every time i go to peru , my family kills pigs,cows,chickens,rabbit,guinea pigs , fish , and sometimes deer. Sometimes a kill/skin them but i don't like getting my clothes dirty. Never understood what the big deal was. Its not like that chicken you bought 3 days is your best friend.

i fish a lot normally

>pic related
>when my family hears im coming to peru
>>
>>8087142
yeah it not so irregular that I eat goat, chicken, duck,or pig where I had a hand in its preparation. I have fed these creatures and given them water, cleaned out where they live just the same
>>
>>8087142
Of course I ""could"" kill an animal to eat it but I wouldn't do that because I think it's immoral.
I mean, we have people who are employed to do just that so if I had to do it every time I wanted to eat an animal then somebody would be out of a job. And unemployment sucks.
Do vegans have any sense of empathy at all? Why don't you think about somebody else for a change instead of only worrying about yourself!
>>
>>8087142

Yes. Tons. Worked in a Butchery.

That would be dumb.
>>
>>8088051
I'll vouch for this. There've been times that I've been on the verge of starvation in my life, and I've wanted nothing more than to grab a giant salmon out of the river and tear its guts out with my teeth and eat it while it was still alive, fresh blood dripping down my neck, picking scales out of my teeth, fighting with all of my might to keep it from going back into the water and trying to swim away. I also had other fantasies about just biting into a dude's shoulder and enjoying the warmth of the flesh and the salt of the blood. Something about living flesh specifically appealed to me, probably because of the vitality of it.
Hunger does weird things to you, man.
>>
>>8087142
I'm not a fan of death, but i respect my food enough to appreciate that it dies in order for me to eat it. I have some reservations about killing an animal, the light but the resulting product would be amazing if cooked right. Maybe I'll go hunting with a friend sometime or something. I do seriously get some cognitive dissonance about the whole thing though, sometimes.
>>
>>8092767
Oh yeah, and I would never kill a rabbit. I'm not a fan of the meat, and I just love rabbits. Call me sentimental, call me weak, I don't care, I just love rabbits.
>>
>>8087142
My father gave me a chick for a pet a beautiful hen. Killed it in front of me and gutted her. I cleaned feathers and fried her up. She was tasty as she ate alot of fruit and veggies.
>>
File: scooby.png (134KB, 283x476px)
scooby.png
134KB, 283x476px
I bagged a few deer.
>>
>>8087142
yes, i hunt.

i would be an asshole if i hunted and never used the bird properly. i consider it a little more humane to kill something quicker yourself than to coup up a herd of chickens, give them a terrible living cage, and then kill them.
>>
>>8089332
Is this delicious rabbit?
>>
>>8092670

Poor reasoning.

Let's just deal out death penalties for every crime ever, then we can employ lots of people to be executioners, because, you know, unemployment sucks.

Have empathy, make all crime punishable by death.
>>
>>8092952
And this is why you can't talk to vegans: because they put animal lives on equal footing with human lives.

I like when they say that cows are slaves. I'd love them to tell a 'groid that, but they're pussies and would never dare.
>>
>>8087142
Yes. Used to go to my great-uncle's farm frequently in summer, and killed, or assisted in killing, many a chicken, goat, cow, and pig.
>>
File: 1312793970277.jpg (35KB, 525x481px) Image search: [Google]
1312793970277.jpg
35KB, 525x481px
>>8087142
>are you american?
Fixed
>>
Yes.
No.
>>
File: bow_kill1.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px)
bow_kill1.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>8087142
Yes. With arrow now less. I want to purchase a spring lamb live at auction or direct from a farm and process it myself.
>>
Tons of rabbits and chickens, I used to live in a farm when I was young.
I cuted throats, hit them with a broom stick and killed them with bare hands. They are pretty fragile desu
>>
>>8093289
you hit the lungs or the liver? looks a little far back
>>
>>8087461
>It's nothing to do with Liberals
Says the liberal.
Contrary to popular belief, American violent crime rates have very little to do with our comparatively lax gun laws. Also, in some of the more liberal states and municipalities, gun laws are on par with most European countries (though not the ultimate nanny state that is the U.K.).
>>
>>8087142
Image of the week
>>
>>8093381
Tore a lung all to pieces. It was quartering away so it exited way further forward. She ran all of 40 yards to where I found her.
>>
>>8093465
>gun laws are on par with most European countries
And ironically these areas have extremely high rates of violent crime compared to the remainder of the country.
>>
>>8093465
Its nigs and chicanos in metro areas doing all the gun crime. This is a fact. Removing minorities from crimerates put the US close to europe
>>
>>8093508
>places with laws against crime have a lot of crime
wow, I didn't know crime was caused by having laws
>>
>>8087142

I've accidentally swallowed insects when out for runs on some occasions.

Does that count?
>>
>>8087142
Cow and Lamb, with a knife across the neck.
>>
>>8094230
Wow, I didn't know there were people this stupid.
>>
>>8087142
Yes, but I don't kill it like a dumb Jerk.
>>
>>8087142
As a Muslim I feel uncomfortable about how do you kill animals for eating. Peace..
>>
Plenty, only via snapping necks or a bullet since I'm a bleeding heart pansy who wants it to be as painless as possible. Not much of a fan of snares or arrows. Also in the taxidermy community hearing about drowning or injecting cleaners into animals makes me sick.

Sold a goat to some people who wanted him as a breeder but instead they slit his neck in my driveway with Some shitty dull serrated blade. I
was pissed as fuck. I wasn't selling that as a meat goat, I took him back and cut the rest of the head off myself. No time for a bullet and they were already getting a mess all over my driveway. I won't sell live animals for butchering, but will happily do it myself in front of you. It won't cost any more. But I raised my animals with care. I spent bullshit amounts on money if they got injured or sick. If they're going to be killed I want that over and done with humanely as possible. Thinking about giving an animal I've raised and cared for to someone who will let it die slowly sickens me. I don't care if you even want to fuck it when it's dead but until then I ain't about that.
>>
>>8094344
I can see how you can get attached to animals you raised. You see the fuckers everyday, half your day is looking at them.

I couldn't knife an animal i raised, I would have to be drunk and use a gun
>>
>>8087262
They're aren't animals in the city, or you can't go hunting? Git gud faggot.
>>
>>8094356
I wouldn't say I'm attached to all of them. There has been plenty enough I deem 'pet' material but even when the ones I like, sometimes I'll still kill. What is important to me is that it's done quickly and painless. Right now all I got in chickens but growing it up it was rabbits, sheep, goats, etc. I feel good knowing I raised them good. They got to move around and play, we spent time with them, got vet checked when they needed it even if realistically it wasn't worth it when we planned on killing them anyway, etc. If anything I'm more comfortable with killing something myself then giving someone a live animal since I don't know what they will do or how they will treat them. Plenty we sold as pets meant we got picture/update videos, which always made me happy.

It all boils down to that I want them treated good, and having a painless death if need be. I'd like to get back into more animals like this but can't afford it currently. I also never had a constant stock aside from rabbits and chickens. Didn't want to overbreed so the goats and sheep got slim since not only did I offer pets along with meat, I didn't want to fuck up my gene pool for people interested in a more long term investment if it was for pets or breeding stock.
>>
>>8094398
I also may be biased since I occasionally foster actual pet animals like a dog, a cat, parrot since I have plenty of experience, etc. Some get returned to me or shelters for the utmost bullshit reasons despite the person passing all the requirements. Had a dog returned because he barked at the door to much and pissed at the door(turned out they lied and kept him alone for 10+ hours a day. He would bark when he had to piss or shit) and came back with visible injuries. Dislocated knee, broken eye socket, two broken ribs. They beat him. We couldn't do shit legally because we didnt have videos or witnesses of them doing it. All we could do was ban them from ever adopting through our rescue. And a cat who I'm all seriousness - did not match their new furniture despite they had him for six months and only when they got this new shit did they no longer wanted him. Off topic I know but if people treat actual pets like this then I'd be terrified of sending off my live meat animals. Fuck it. I'll raise and kill my own just so people don't treat them like garbage.
>>
>>8087142

nope, but these guys have.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZxTi1iaz0g
>>
File: 1420653535685.jpg (91KB, 700x632px) Image search: [Google]
1420653535685.jpg
91KB, 700x632px
My dad forced me to go hunting when I was 16. It was a deer. I cried when I shot it, and I cried while I ate it.
>>
i slayed ur mums pussy then ate it
she had no objections
>>
>>8093500
good shootin' Tex. Ill take the same shot as long as its clear but man nothin worse than a gut shot animal, esp if you want to eat it
>>
>>8087142
When my family raised goats for a time I was the one who did the slaughtering and butchering, because everyone else were pussies and wanted to take them off to a butcher and pay them to do it. They stopped raising goats a few years back, now I raise rabbits for meat. Pretty economical and I feel much more humane raising my own food than buying factory farmed stuff at a store.
>>
I went hunting a few times as a teenager and the only thing I ever shot was a doe. The sausages were delicious as fuck.
Hunting at a feeder is boring as hell though, you wake up at 4am and sit in a cold box being completely silent for a few hours and nothing may even come out.
>>
Since I'm just a countryside boy I do it in a regular basis.
>>
Worked on a farm killin chickens. So many damned chickens.

Also butchered an eel once. Damned hard to hold em down; they're all slimy and wriggly.
>>
>>8096401
My mother used to nail the eel's head to the chopping block, then skin it, then chop it, then wash it, then flour it, then fry it.
After all that, the little fuckers still writhe about in the frying pan.

Personally, I don't really like eel much at all no matter how it's cooked, so I've never done one myself, but my brother does it all the time because he loves eel.
>>
Just plants
>>
>>8087142
I go hunting and fishing regularly so yes many times

killing your own food is more humane than buying a clingwrap steak at Walmart, then you are no longer alienated from your food production.
>>
>>8089976
You're going to hell.

[spoiler]Cheeki Breeki[spoiler]
>>
>>8087142

Yes, if fish count.
>>
I ate a bug once while riding a bike

does that count?
>>
>>8089976
Gains first desu lad, nothing wrong with what you did, though in an ideal situation you would have given the cat a better death.
>>
>>8087142
You need to slit the throat. It makes a much cleaner kll.
>>
>>8089976
they literally do this in argentina
>>
I've helped butcher a lamb. Was pretty good time
>>
File: 497730-pig.jpg (74KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
497730-pig.jpg
74KB, 650x366px
I killed a pig in mexico, i felt really bad until i had the best carnitas ive ever tasted made by my abuelo. Now i have no problem
>>
>>8094392
Not him but my family didn't do hunting, nor did they ever own a gun for it. I'm not sure if it's true but whenever I caught fish they told us we had to throw it back, so I never ate any of those either.
>>
>>8087142
no & no

circle of life phamilams
>>
>>8087142
Many times. I've shot plenty of deer, turkey, fish.
>>
>>8087142
Not quite. I watched my parents butcher rabbits and chickens when we lived in a farm house when I was 6 or so, but by the time I was old enough to help, we'd moved into town and didn't raise animals anymore. Any time my dad took us fishing, it was always catch-and-release.
>>
>>8087142
I have eaten Dog I caught myself. Strays in Los Angeles. You would be amazed at what you would do when you're hungry.
>>
fish, mollusc, deer, rabbit, birds, snake...
antelope is the best, but rabbit is the
easiest to skin, it's like taking off a glove
>>
>>8089714
Bro. Where the fuck are you from? That shit sounds real as fuck. Respect.
>>
>>8087142
Raised cows all my life, would get them as babies, feed them with bottles,haul them off to be slaughtered. So I didnt personally kill them, but I knew exactly why we were feeding them.
Always got awseome filet mignon from our cows, idk what we fed them that made it so fucking tasty.
>>
Personally killed? No.
Animals that my family members have killed, oh hell yes.
Animals that we raised and had professionally butchered, oh hell yes, all the time.
The only time I refused to eat one was one ill-fated chicken that I saw being badly butchered when I was about 6 or seven. Let's just say it wasn't a clean kill.
>>
Chicken, rabbit, lobster, fish, crickets.
Chicken was the "hardest" to kill because I had to chop its head off but it was still pretty easy.
>>
>>8087861
I always thought it refered to the sides in ww2 1st were the winners 2nd the losers 3rd were non participants
>>
>>8087153
I felt bad when i cut off the trouts head to cook.
>>
>>8098788
This is such a kid thing to think, I love it. I definitely thought something like that as a kid.
>>
>>8087368
The best way is to decapitate them with an axe imo.
>>
File: 1447623844975.gif (3MB, 300x219px) Image search: [Google]
1447623844975.gif
3MB, 300x219px
>>8087194
This so much
>>
>>8087861

funnily enough, it turns out that the US-aligned capitalist countries have much better economies and standards of living than the USSR align bloc, and the ones shitty enough not to be aligned are absolute hellholes, so now we call developed nations where people want to live and can be happy first world, because they are the first place you want to live and 3rd world countries are where people have to eat dirt and get shot by wild negroes, and so they are the last place people want to live.

russia is a 1st world country, but nobody is happy there, so go fuck yourselves, russkies, you brought it on your selves.

timies change, meanings change. eveyrbody knows what the fuck is meant by 1st/3rd world, so jump in a hole already
>>
>>8087194
So? There are plenty of people who eat vegetables daily and have never harvested a plant, yet nobody cares
>>
I have a friend who has to kill a bunch of roosters and invited me over, I'm really looking forward to it. We'll be making empanadas with the meat.
>>
Only fish. Been fishing since I was a kid. It's free food and fun.

I would like to raise meat rabbits and chickens.
>>
>>8094648
They take forever to die as well. I much prefer lots of blood, easy tracking, and quick death.
Thread posts: 178
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.