[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here ever make "Cowboy coffee"? My drip machine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: coffee.jpg (1MB, 2716x1810px) Image search: [Google]
coffee.jpg
1MB, 2716x1810px
Anyone here ever make "Cowboy coffee"?

My drip machine stopped working so i boiled a cup of water and then put some coffee grounds in the water then i strained the coffee into another cup (with a pasta strainer). the coffee was actually better than my normal, drip-brewed coffee.

also coffee thread.
>>
You basically butchered Turkish coffee famalam
>>
>>8069277
thats just frenchpress coffee with more work involved
>>
For cowboy coffee you put an arbitrary amount of beans in boiling water and then let it simming to keep it warm until you run out of coffee.
>>
>>8069874
and chicory. Cowboy coffee includes chicory.
>>
>>8069283
No it's not.
>>
You should never use boiling water to brew coffee.

I am a barista, but when I go camping I just wait for water to boil, then let it cool.

Then stir in coffee and wait 3 mins. NOT ON THE FIRE

You don't need a filter, simply sprinkle a dribble of cold water over the top. This changes the flotation in the drink, and the grounds all settle to the bottom after 1 min.

You can then pour into mugs, I have been doing this for years and have never had coffee dregs drunk. Its really not hard.
>>
Coffee thread I guess; is buying a french press really worth it over using a relatively good drip machine?
>>
File: bonavita-BV1900TS.jpg (59KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
bonavita-BV1900TS.jpg
59KB, 700x700px
>>8069277
>the coffee was actually better than my normal, drip-brewed coffee.

If you're using the same amount of grounds, then you drip machine wasn't getting your water hot enough.

>>8069999
>is buying a french press really worth it

If you have neither the time nor a kitchen scale, and you often find yourself brewing for multiple people, then no.

But if you're gonna stick to drip, then why not spring for a good machine?
>>
>>8069970
>What's a percolator anyway?
>>
Is there any instant coffee that doesnt taste bad? Just making a simple iced coffee in the morning
>>
>>8070245
The trick to instant coffee is to use hot whole milk instead of hot water, and a decent amount of sugar
>>
>>8069277
>not carrying a moka pot out on the range
>>
>>8070023
Those auto drip machines suck at even water dispersion, too. There tends to be a cone shaped hole in the filter basket which yields a weak and over-steeped brew. They cannot do the crucial initial step of manual pour-overs: stirring the grounds for two seconds after the first bit of water. There's no good drip machine. Some suck less than others though.
>>
>>8070306

Will give it a shot, cheers lad
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.