[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got a lot of blue crabs they are already boiled do i make pasta

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: adult_female_taggedsm.jpg (137KB, 475x265px) Image search: [Google]
adult_female_taggedsm.jpg
137KB, 475x265px
I got a lot of blue crabs they are already boiled
do i make pasta with crab or just a big stew
>>
You eat them while drinking beer. You don't need to concoct some experimental recipe. Just enjoy the crabs on a picnic table covered in newspaper with loads of beer. It's one of the most fun friend gatherings. Ask anyone from Baltimore.
>>
I dunno I'm allergic to crabs
>>
File: bluecrab-crabs.jpg (136KB, 576x672px) Image search: [Google]
bluecrab-crabs.jpg
136KB, 576x672px
>>8068915
i would clean them first
pull the carapace
clean the gills
cut off the mouth
split in half
toss with garlic and melted butter
dust them with old bay
into a pan and into the oven

sort of like the pic but without the carapace so that the seasonings can hit some of the meat.
>>
That depends on two things: one, are they male, female or mixed and two, are you adverse to crab salad?

If there're some females in there, make some she-crab soup. It's basically crab chowder.
Just purée the cooked roe with some milk and pass it through a fine sieve.
Pick the crabs clean of meat and set aside.
Mix the roe/milk mixture with a little water and simmer the already cooked crab shells in there to get a fishier stock going.
When the water is reduced out, strain the milk a second time to remove the shells and set aside.
Make a butter-based white roux and compound it with finely chopped shallots and celery (also green bell pepper, if you're going for creole rather than low-country) and ground white pepper (or black, if you don't care about it looking "dirty").
Re-add the milk-mixture, stir to combine and thicken as the roux dissolves throughout, then hit it with a stick blender to purée the veg and mix them throughout.
Finally, add the crab meat, heat it through and serve. Alternately, you can add the crab meat earlier, save a few tablespoons or so of it, earlier and purée it into the soup along with the veg and serve each bowl of she-crab soup with a tablespoon of crab meat in the middle.

And people say American food isn't good. She-crab soup is fucking wonderful.

If there're no females, all I like to do with already cooked crab is crab salad because outside of she-crab soup, crab meat reheats like absolute shit.
>>
>>8069024
>2016
>harvesting female egg bearing crabs

are you poacher? its illegal to harvest females.
>>
>>8069084
No it fucking isn't.
>>
>>8069022
is there a point to seasoning the carapace?
>>
>>8069024
Wow, that sounds delicious.
>>
>>8069154
no.

>>8069163
until you realize how much work it is to pull any amount of meat from a blue crab.

>>8069118
then you dont harvest blue crabs..its been in the regs since 08'
>>
>>8069244
chesapeake detected
you delmarva fucks shouldn't harvest them because blue crabs fuck up there. after that, they go further south to spawn. down the real south, you can harvest females so long as they're not sponging
>>
>>8069244
>until you realize how much work it is to pull any amount of meat from a blue crab.
haha yeah i just spent a couple hours pulling the meat out
there's gotta be a better way than my bumbling way
>>
>>8068915
Where did you find a blue crab? Hahaha.
>>
>>8069546
my brother got a box full of them from the market i swear it seems like 200 but's it's probably was around 140 it was a good deal for 80 bucks
>>
>>8069554
Yeah, that's an amazingly good price. $20 for a dozen is the cheapest I can find in my area, though the crab guy usually gives me an extra one or two because I'm pleasant and he deals mostly with horrible black women who yell at him and call him a racist because he doesn't accept EBT. Then, they pay with cash, anyway.
>>
>>8068915
You eat their legs while enjoying a pure kino.
>>
File: 1470540311731.png (815KB, 1167x622px) Image search: [Google]
1470540311731.png
815KB, 1167x622px
>>8069681
But then what will my falcon eat?
>>
>>8069696
R-robert is that y-you? You look different...
2 crab legs with extra butter p-please..
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.