[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soup co/ck/s I've recently had the excellent fortune of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: soup-023[1].jpg (1MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
soup-023[1].jpg
1MB, 5184x3456px
Soup co/ck/s

I've recently had the excellent fortune of having a tooth break. I'll be having it out pretty soon, but in the meantime (and for a little while after) my mouth is too damn sensitive to handle anything but lukewarm soup, and too fucked up to chew even the smallest chunk of whatever.

What're your favorite recipes for blended/pureed soup?
>>
>>8058228
>Soup co/ck/s
Hey! What's up, co/ck/ su/ck/er mother fu/ck/er!

Clam chowder!
>>
>>8058232
Would that still be palatable after being reduced to a uniform slurry? I might give that a try.
>>
Sorry to hear about your tooth anon - I remember getting my wisdom teeth out (all 4 at once) and eating nothing but ramen and jello.

Bean soups are awesome though and easy to cook - here's my fave recipe

1) dice 1-2 onions, fry in a big pot until translucent
2) add in a can or two of Romano beans (any beans will work, I find Romano makes the soup creamier)
3) let beans and onions cook for a bit, add in a 1.5 cups water
4) finely chop celery and carrots, add to soup
5) bring to a boil, add in about 1.5 tbsp of chicken stock (or however much you like)
6) let simmer for 30-45 minutes
7) taste it, add any seasoning you like accordingly (eg., salt, pepper)
8) blend and enjoy!

You can also add in small pasta (like capellini broken up) after you've blended for 10 minutes or so it if you want it to be more filling. I've also used diced potatoes in this recipe as well. I like to put a spoonful of EVOO in the soup after its served, tastes awesome. It tastes great blended and I make it pretty regularly. Good luck anon!
>>
>>8058267
Cheers! That sounds pretty good. Would canned broad beans work? I have some lying around.
>>
>>8058228
You can cream any soup.

Start with a solid stock. Use carrot, celery, parsley root, leek, laurel leaves, juniper berries, and some fish sauce or Maggi. Remove the solid ingredients before blending.

Simmer it for hours with whatever you like: bones, ground beef and pork, tomatoes, pumpkin, ...

Add cream after boiling or it will flake out. Or use coconut milk. Balance the flavor with salt, sugar, lemon juice, and MSG if you want - many veggies contain sufficient MSG already, as does Maggi. Too much MŚG is like too much salt, it's hard to recover from it.

Now I would also add some freshly chopped veggies, croutons, sliced pancakes, pieces of meat, and a garnish of herbs and creme fraiche. But with a wound in your mouth that might be tricky.
>>
A lot of the recipes I've been seeing have been pretty much vegetarian. Are there blended/pureed soups that successfully incorporate meat?
>>
>>8058302
Soups are usually made from leftovers. No one would ruin a steak by boiling it when boiling bone and cartilage yield just as good if not better results.

If your appetite is for meat then get a nice bone with some marrow in it and boil it for a long time. Blended muscle just turns stringy. If you want to use meat get ground meat, a meat grinder produces a finer structure than a blender.
>>
>>8058284

I imagine they would - I've never used broad beans in this recipe before, so you may have to tweak the flavours after the soup is done (eg more salt) if it's not flavourful enough.

>>8058302

I'm not sure how well blended meat would be. I think it'd be best to incorporate some nice soft chicken to a blended soup, so it's not hard to eat. But if you can't chew at all, even minimally, avoiding meat might be better.
>>
>>8058334
>bone and cartilage yield just as good if not better results

I strongly disagree. I also suspect you score low on cooking experience.
>>
>>8058347
Go troll your mom, nub.
>>
You'll want quality meat for soups and sauces. The store bought stuff is raised on antibiotics, giving it a very high water content and poor flavor. Fry that and it shrivels, oozing inferior juices. Get organic, not just because it's healthier and more sustainable in a big picture sense, but because it tastes better.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.