[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do y'all make rice come out palatable? Brown, white,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: spanish-rice-2.jpg (161KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
spanish-rice-2.jpg
161KB, 1600x1067px
How do y'all make rice come out palatable? Brown, white, igaf just as long as the end result is something good

I've been been brown rice (with water, and then chicken stock) and shit still comes out flavorless
>>
Salt, butter, herbs, spices, etc.
>>
Been posting this a lot lately, but here is a simple plov.

For one, meal-sized portion or two side-dish sized ones:

carrot, 1 large
onion, 1 medium/medium-small
butter, 1tbsp
salt, as necessary
water, as needed
caraway, 1tbsp of seeds
cumin, 2tbsp of seed
par-cooked rice, 1 cup
>NOT parboiled; I mean rice that you boil then drain when it's just under desired doneness then rinse under cold, running water until the water passing through it runs clear
strong veg stock, quarter cup
dill and/or parsley, a handful fresh or heavy pinch dry

Wash, peel and shred the carrot.
Thinly slice the onion.
Place carrot, onion and butter into a pan, salt generously and set to high heat.
When fragrant, sauté about until the onion starts to turn translucent, then add water to just barely cover and allow to cook down; meanwhile, toast and powder the caraway and cumin.
When the water reduces back out, sauté about until it starts to blond, then add water to just barely cover and allow to cook down.
When the water reduces back out, sauté about until it starts to brown, then add water to just barely cover and allow to cook down.
Add the powdered spices.
Shake rice of all excess liquid, then add and stir about to mix through with the carrot mixture.
Add the veg stock, stir to combine, and lid the pan.
Place your hand on the lid and when it gets too hot to keep your hand there comfortably, off the heat and allow to steam the rice through, about 10 minutes.
Remove the lid and stir in the dill and/or parsley as you fluff, then serve.

If making larger amounts, consider adding shredded parsnip or parsley root. Also celery root and/or untoasted celery seeds. If you're making larger amounts, though, alternate layers of rice and veg/spice/herb in a pot, add boiling stock to it, lid it and finish in the oven rather than on the hob.

I also add chili with the other spices occasionally, especially if I'm gonna be eating it with lamb skewers. Give that a try, too.
>>
Mix with beans.

Add in some blended "Mexican" spices.

Congratulations you have a basic meal that could pass for anything served at a chain restaurant while also being healthy and filling.
>>
>>8031599
Yeah this. Add more beens to your rice.
>>
File: 100_6842.jpg (2MB, 3472x2604px) Image search: [Google]
100_6842.jpg
2MB, 3472x2604px
>>8031594
Plov is one of my go-to dishes, once you know the basic variants, all you have to do is adjust spices, type of meat, or even the type of rice.

Uzbek type plov is easy and delicious, plus it's hard to screw up the proportions on zirvak- 1:1:1 of carrot, onion, and your meat (beef or lamb)

If you really like plov, I also recommend learning how to make qazmaq so you can eat it as a side, or as a garnish to your plov.
>>
No stock, on its own, imparts its flavor onto any rice.

If you want that flavor to stick around, then get some corn starch and make a gravy.
>>
Pour green tea on it
>>
don't make your brown rice like you make white rice. boil it. like pasta. I'm serious. 12 cups of water, 1 cup of rice. boil with salt and a swish of oil for 30 mins, drain, then cover for another 10 mins as it soaks in the last of the steam. suck a dick if you need some more flavor.
>>
>>8031562
I will sometimes add orange or Apple juice with broth or water.

If I make orange beef, I will use 3/4 orange juice and 1/4 broth.

If I make a pork, apple and onion stirfry, I will use half water and half apple juice.
>>
>>8032428
>No stock, on its own, imparts its flavor onto any rice.
It absolutely does.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.