[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Franklin BBQ in Austin worth the several hour wait, with the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: BsRNRnrCMAA4QRl.jpg_large.0.0.jpg (182KB, 1310x737px) Image search: [Google]
BsRNRnrCMAA4QRl.jpg_large.0.0.jpg
182KB, 1310x737px
Is Franklin BBQ in Austin worth the several hour wait, with the possibility to leave empty handed?
>>
I stayed at the super 8 right down the road once. The line was always too long so I just went to whataburger
>>
I don't think anything is worth waiting in line that long for. I won't wait more than half an hour at a restaurant, tops. It simply isn't worth my time, and I'll be in such a bad mood by the time I get my food that I wont be able to enjoy it.
>>
>>8031072
Fuck no.
It's not even the best bbq in the Hill Country. Don't waste your time.
>>
>>8031072
It's a fun experience if you go with some people, get a cooler of beer and chill for a few hours. My out of town friends always want to go there and I indulge them. Food is very good, but living in central TX, BBQ is so common that there are plenty of other places that don't play the hype that are easily accessible. Drive to 20 minutes to Elgin and go to southside or meyers, they're both comparable and much more accessible.
>>
Overrated. Drive over to Lockhart and hit Smitty's instead.
>>
>>8031072
i can think of three better bbq joints in Austin alone
>>
>>8031072
No.
>>
La BBQ is good and you get free beer.
>>
>>8031072
Arkansas has the best barbecue.
>>
>>8031994
>chicken in white sauce

GTFO.
>>
>>8031994
i live in AR and no we don't IMO. I wouldnt wait 3 hours for Franklins in Austin but id wait an hour for Joes of KC
>>
>>8031996
that's an Alabama thng
>>
>>8032006
Alabama, Arkansas, whatever. .......
Far from the bastions of good bbq.
>>
>>8031989
Care to share which ones those are? I got family in Austin and will probably be heading down again at some point in time, and I'd like to try some good Texas BBQ.
>>
>Gus talked about this on the RT podcast
>>
>>8032157
I can think of more, but right off the top would be La Barbecue (already mentioned by others) and Freedman's and Brown's Bar-B-Que.
>>
the best BBQ is the one that goes in your mouth first. Fuck waiting for "the best."
>>
>>8031072
>Austin
hahah no
>>
>>8032192

Might as well just say >texas at that point. Literally nowhere else worth going in that shithole of a state.
>>
>>8031072
It's a fun experience. We brought some booze and a flask and everybody in line was drinking and having a good time. Worth the time when I was visiting my brother who lives in Austin. The staff was really nice; gave us a pound of pulled pork for being from MN and gave us a quick tour to see the massive smokers they use. Also get marbled brisket, we wanted to compare lean to marbled and the lean was significantly worse. Sides aren't worth it either just go for the meat sweats.
>>
>>8032254
beer not booze. Damn near everybody was drinking beer in line. We got their at 9ish and ate at 12ish I think. Still worth it.
>>
You could just make your own meat, maybe?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.