[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am spending the day near Kasnsas City tomorrow. I think I will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: lead.kansascitybbq.jpg (82KB, 564x258px) Image search: [Google]
lead.kansascitybbq.jpg
82KB, 564x258px
I am spending the day near Kasnsas City tomorrow.
I think I will try the local KC BBQ.
My question is : is the sauce cooked in or is it just brushed on after the meat is fully cooked?
I hate this new fad of adding BBQ sauce at the table.
>>
>>8024931

why don't you ask the restaurant where you are going? they would probably have a better idea of how they prepare whatever you are ordering.
>>
File: 4.jpg (174KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
174KB, 1280x960px
>>8025069
Asking about KC style .
It should be pretty uniform in the region.
>>
>>8024931
it's more than likely cooked with the same rub they use for their dry slabs. they might mop on a near end of cooking to caramelize and add a little more when they pull em. if you want to taste a regions ribs it's best to get dry and add sauce yourself. my opinion
>>
>>8025527
>it's best to get dry and add sauce yourself
Wow do I disagree with this.
This is a relatively new trend because so many more varieties of sauce are available and I think it sucks.
Sauce tastes so much different with even just a little cooking at the end.
>>
>>8025993
>new trend
You clearly have no idea what the hell your talking about
>>
>>8026087
Well by new I mean the last 20 years or so.
>>
Kansas City BBQ is the GOAT
>>
>>8025993
what i meant, friend, was that the easiest way to appreciate the way the pit master treats the meat is to get dry and control your own application of sauce. i don't really know if a 40 - 60 year old tried and true smokehouse is going to have mango chutney Hawaiian style and fiery chipotle bbq or any gimmicky sauces. they'd have a house sauce and that's what would be on your table.
i have been to a place down in MS that had 4 or 5 different regional sauces, but i dont know how authentic each of those were being made by the same dude with a fine dining background.
I think he's safe asking locals and taking their advice.
i'm surprised someone didn't come to his thread and assess everyone else's comment in some narcissistic post with a lot of post links and green text yet. you know... /b/ tards.
you're safe getting bbq from any long standing establishment in KC in my opinion. Post picks if you get a chance, bud.
>>
>>8026312
>treats the meat is to get dry and control your own application of sauce

This is the exact part I disagree with.
If the sauce is not cooked on, I dont want it.
I am not a fan of "dipping" as this means the sauce is raw. I know that no one really gets that there is a difference between raw sauce and sauce that has been cooked on the meat but it is huge.
>>
>>8026093
You're still fucking wrong, retard.
>>8026499
>raw sauce
end your life
>>
>>8026503
wow that seems harsh
>>
File: where.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
where.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>8026759
>>8026759
>>
>>8024931
NIGGA GO TO GATES BBQ, ITS GOOD AS FUCK, or RJ's BBQ shack, they are also good
>>
gates one day and then oklahoma joe's

and then you can come to case park and drink beers with me

i love my dumb little city

oh, and go to el pollo rey
>>
>>8026834
KC anon here too, I gotta try el pollo rey. Gates is GOAT
>dat beef on bun w/ fries
>>
>>8026842
Try to get to el pollo rey a few hours before they close. If they sell all of their chickens, they're done for the day. Even if it's two hours before close. I haven't been to Gates in a few years but since I moved back into the downtown area, I've been meaning to go there.

Cheers
>>
File: tumblr_o5uop5w8S71tkzt0fo1_500.png (257KB, 423x571px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5uop5w8S71tkzt0fo1_500.png
257KB, 423x571px
>>8026808

>>8026834

Is the sauwse sawawcse souse cooked on or is it dipping sauce?
>>
>>8026853
Thanks for the tip, i'll check out el pollo's sometime this week. I usualyl go to the Gates on main street.
>>8026861
w-what?
>>
File: o.jpg (132KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
132KB, 1000x750px
>>8026870
>w-what?
I mean when the plate of food arrives at your table, is the sauce already on the meat in the form of a nice caramelized glaze or is it dry and your must dip your meat in the sauce of your choice?
>>
>>8026885
Well yeah man theres already sauce on the meat but I do get BBQ dipping sauce for my fries
>>
>>8026906
That sounds PERFECT!!
Will try this evening. Will be downtownish on the Kansas side . Will grab an uber and tell them to take me to Gates.
Thank you for the info
>>
>>8026941
No prob, also a heads up the workers have to shout to take orders but they are chill as fuck. I recommend getting beef on bun with fires and a pepsi. Also the dipping sauces are at this table away from the ordering area and what i do is I get all 3 sauces and dip my fries in all of them
>>
>>8026957
For my first KC BBQ experience you dont suggest baby back ribs?
Is the sandwich more the signature dish of the region?
>>
>>8027018
if the burnt ends aren't sold out at Oklahoma Joe's, get those
>>
>>8026503
yeah, that's definitely kinda harsh. i was just saying. i like the meat as much as the sauce i'm always glad to get either, but i enjoy dry more.
>>
File: 24premium_span-articlelarge.jpg (48KB, 580x367px) Image search: [Google]
24premium_span-articlelarge.jpg
48KB, 580x367px
Ok, I am about 5 miles from gates on state .
I am in the warehouse district near 70 and 635.
Is it safe to bike over there?
Is this a bike friendly city ?
>>
>>8027057
>burnt ends
???
>>
>>8026941
If you can get to Woodyard BBQ (KS side), shits GOAT. It's in an industrial area, so there isn't shit to do once you're done. If you want to eat and go shopping, try Jack Stack on the plaza.

Woodyard > Jack Stack > Oklahoma Joes > Gates >>>>>>> Arthur Bryant's

Gates has the best sauce. Best to bring back a bottle.
>>
>>8025412
are you a vandweller?
>>
>>8027684
No but I am planning on putting together a 4x4 camping rig like the one in that picture.
>>
>>8027698
dude. You will have so much fun.I just got back from a huge adventure. I just drove from Toronto all the way south stopping along the way. Great eats. Then west through Louisiana, through Texas to San Diego. Then north to Vancouver, then east through the states back home to Toronto.

Cost a fuck load with gas, but considering I never once slept in a hotel, I did well. Spent a week in Savannah cause I met a cool crowd. Then 2 of them have family in the keys. So then 2 weeks in Key West at big house. I had to leave, I was getting to comfortable. Just sold the van : (

a gmc Express. It's to big for my city life. I have nowhere to put it
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.