[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A friend just told me his family gets steak from an army base

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: steak.jpg (4MB, 2604x1948px) Image search: [Google]
steak.jpg
4MB, 2604x1948px
A friend just told me his family gets steak from an army base and it's usually very good. Better quality than most grocery stores in his area. Can anyone explain/confirm/deny this?
>>
>>8023083
the cuts are harvested from dead soldiers
>>
>>8023083
Yeah, they're called the PX, great deals on liquor as well.
>>
>>8023092
>Implying most bases allow alcohol on them.
>>
>>8023092
It's called the commissary

>>8023096
>Implying almost every shopette isn't a mini booze mall
>>
Okay thanks for shitposting already guys but seriously is the steak usually high quality and if so, why?
>>
>>8023105
No, there's no reason it would be of a better cut of meat than anything else in the area. Placebo is a hell of a drug, but the steaks are probably cheaper being on base though.
>>
>>8023105

Some bases have good meats, other have good produce, but I've never been on a base that has had both at the same time. It's the weirdest thing.
>>
>>8023096

Even the naval base in Bahrain had a liquor selection, you dip
>>
>>8023092
Guess that big bottle of rum just magically teleported into my car the last time I was on base. And fuck the officers club.
>>
>>8023083
ask the source where its from
>>
>>8023096
Pretty much every CONUS base of every type has alcohol in the PX or class 6 and even the little convenience store/gas station shopettes have liquor aisles and coolers full of tons of different beers. Don't have a clue where you're coming from with that one.

>>8023092
The Commissary is the grocery store, not the PX.

>>8023083
Like >>8023120 said, I've seen some with good meat, great meat even. Others have huge varieties of produce of high quality. Most Commissaries do their best to accommodate people from all over the US and stock tons of brands of foods from all over. More so than a normal grocery store.
>>
Maybe they are embezzled steaks they serve at the mess halls. Like schools they waste about 40% of the food they purchase since they are not allowed to store leftovers afaik.

When I was in I got put on KP duty and after chow hours were over I was cutting open plastic sealed steaks, throwing the steaks into the slop buckets, keeping the plastic to be recycled. Same with these big cans of vegetables. Totally backwards.
>>
OP a lot of American side Mil bases and forts buy directly from manufacturers/producers/farmers

I don't know how he's buying it from the base itself, but that's why you can see some decent hot chow stateside
>>
>>8023083
i used to get my groceries on base. it was good meat. got ribeye a couple times a month.
>>
>>8023092
>>8023120
>>8023143
>>8023778
>good meat
>as opposed to...?

There are six companies in the entire US that control the entire meat/slaughter house industry and supply, its the same god damn meat you find anywhere else.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.