[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do asians and hispanics love to put mayo on so many of their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

File: 1471900279710.jpg (74KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1471900279710.jpg
74KB, 640x480px
Why do asians and hispanics love to put mayo on so many of their dishes?

Is this some kind of a non-US thing? Or a poor thing?

yeah mayo tastes good but its by no means healthy
>>
>>8016234
You should see what they do in the Netherlands.
>>
>>8016240
Britain too right?

So is it every country that isnt the US?
>>
Because we eat hyper-unhealthily so rarely that drowning an occasional dish in mayonnaise is no great sin. Try fixing your everyday diet so that you can then eat the occasional mayobomb without concern.
>>
>Is this some kind of a non-US thing?

Yes.

It's an Asian and Hispanic b8 thing.
>>
>>8016234
Mayonaise is okay to add some taste or texture to a sandwich but it's supposed to be used sparingly. I can't for the life of me figure out why someone would want to just eat globs of mayonaise, it just looks to be overpoweringly sour and not in any appetizing way
>>
>>8016286
>mayobomb

would you say mayo is a condiment that can be used in higher amounts without ruining the dish?
>>
>>8016234
We hispanics? Sorry but nope. Actually having too much mayonaise in my food makes me sick (atleast for me). It's good for hot dogs and burgers but that's it.
>>
>>8016234
>>8016234
so many people in US eat mayo and nasty nasty miracle whip. actually i love both but in small amounts, i don't mayo salad. i don't care if its tatos or macaroni. but so many poor people eat it in US. most people i'd say
>>
>>8016312
Am i confusing it with crema fresca?
>>
>>8016324
Sorry but i don't know what crema fresca is, is it just like normal crema? Anyways, if it is like the normal crema we use it as a sauce for pasta or to make cakes. If it is more like mascarpone we use it to make "tiramisu" anyways, we don't eat neither a lot of crema nor mayonaise in big amounts. By the way i'm not from Spain or Mexico, i'm argentinian.
>>
>>8016310
Depends on two things:
1) what the dish is
2) how much mayonnaise you consider to be a mayobomb
>>
>>8016341
like in OPs pic
>>
>asians
>mayo
Huh?
>>
Japanese sweet mayonnaise goes well on a lot of things
>>
File: 12342134123412.jpg (10KB, 450x322px) Image search: [Google]
12342134123412.jpg
10KB, 450x322px
>>8016354
is it not called mayo?

also >>8016358
When Koji Nakamura mixes up a margarita cocktail, he adds a special ingredient -- mayonnaise.

"Mayogarita", a white drink with a hint of the creamy dressing, is one of several cocktails Nakamura serves in his "Mayonnaise Kitchen" restaurant in suburban Tokyo, which features mayonnaise on everything from toast and spaghetti to fondue.

Despite its Western heritage, mayonnaise has become the condiment of choice for many young Japanese, who add it to everything from sushi, noodles and tempura.

While older Japanese might gag at the thought of mayonnaise on rice or savory pancakes, the young are slathering it on. They even have a name for mayo fanatics: "mayolers".

"People keep discovering various ways to cook food with mayonnaise," Nakamura said. "If you put it on raw tuna fish with red flesh, it tastes like medium-fatty tuna fish. That kind of unpredictability makes it interesting and popular."

In 2006, Japanese consumed 1.65 kg (3.6 lb) of mayonnaise per person, down from a peak of 1.90 kg in 2000, according to the Japan Mayonnaise and Dressing Makers' Association.

Nakamura's tiny restaurant, with fewer than a dozen tables and decorated with cut-outs shaped like mayonnaise bottles, also offers "Mayoty Dog", which tastes like the vodka-based cocktail Salty Dog but is served in a glass with mayonnaise on its rim instead of salt.

Patrons of the seven-year-old restaurant can buy their own bottle of mayonnaise for 300 yen ($2.53) -- similar to bars that keep regular customers' bottles of whisky or sake.

"I know it's rich, but I like the taste," said 22-year-old Mayumi Kameoka. "My friends and I used to put a lot of mayonnaise on bite-sized fried chicken at our school cafeteria."
>>
>>8016245
We don't use a lot of mayo in Australia
>>
>>8016379
99% asians don't even know what mayo is.
>>
>>8016418
thats bullshit
>>
>>8016352
That's hardly a regular mayobomb. That's mayoshima/mayogasaki.
That amount is excessive and uncommon for anyone to use.
>>
>>8016379
>"My friends and I used to put a lot of mayonnaise on bite-sized fried chicken at our school cafeteria."
How the mighty have fallen. Japan is rapidly transforming from a country with one of the healthiest-eating population in the world to a tendy-land.
>>
>>8016234
>hispanics
>mayo

lmao? I haven't met a single person that isnt white and likes mayo

White people eat this shit up like no tomorrow tho

>putting mayo on fucking hotdogs

JUST
>>
>>8016539
That's actually really fucking sad.
>select all images with French fries
>>
>>8016234
remove the sticks, put a fork, and will look like a murican shit
>>
>>8016539
Karaage and chicken katsu have existed in Japan for a long ass time you stupid cuck
>>
Mayo rocks
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>asians and mayo

lol what?

I'm pretty sure that's a white thing.

The only "mayo" I can think of from Chinese cooking is the honey walnut shrimp and that's it.
>>
>>8016608
Hey dipshit, you've never hear of Kewpie?
>>
>>8016578
>Being told off by an angry weeboo autist who uses the Japanese words for tendies and the word cuck, because I insulted muh tendies and muh Nihhon.
This is the most 4chan experience I've ever had. I think I may have overdosed.
>>
>>8016234
its a non usa thing. the dutch like to do it as well
>>
>>8016234
>its by no means healthy
>literally eggs and oil
>literally literally protons and fat
>'no means healthy'
LOL
>>
so i just did a quick google and this is what i found

11 Countries that eat the most mayo

11. Japan
Japan is currently the only place in the world where you can find restaurants specializing in dishes that contain or are based on mayo. The more bizarre of them include a mayonnaise soup.

10. Poland
Poland is among the many European countries which love mayonnaise on everything. Giving it the 10th place in our list, this country’s love for the sauce can be seen in many dishes.

9. Netherlands
People from the Netherlands express their love for mayonnaise with the numerous salad dressings and sauces that are based on it. However, things don’t stop there as mayo has many other applications in their cuisine.

8. Chile
Chilean people are eating more and more of the sauce, sparking speculation about an ongoing obsession with mayonnaise. Since it became widely available, it has been implemented in local food widely.

7. Latvia
Latvia, as a former Soviet republic, has picked up on the mayonnaise obsession that all of its bordering countries have currently, giving it the 7th spot on our list.

6. Estonia
Much like its forerunner, the 6th contendent on our list of the eleven countries that consume the most mayonnaise is going through a seemingly endless obsession with the sauce.
>>
5. Belgium
Belgium is popular for the abundance of mayo based sauces and dressings that the country offers and has offered for a long time, being close to the region this condiment is thought to come from.

4. Belarus
Belarus is another former Soviet republic that has remained on the mayo craze wave for a couple of decades now. much like its neighbors. This gives it the 4th spot on our list.

3. Ukraine
Ukraine and most of its neighbors not only love mayonnaise but also offer a number of twists on it that use different types of oils such as olive oil or add additional flavoring such as lemon juice.

2. Lithuania
Lithuania takes the second spot for the per-capita consumption of the loved condiment that mayo is, shortly missing out the first spot.

1. Russia
Russia tops the 11 countries that consume the most mayonnaise list with its much-loved mayo made with sunflower seed oil, which gives it a distinct taste.

http://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/11-countries-that-consume-the-most-mayonnaise-349914/

no usa in sight
>>
>>8016339
IRMÃO ARGENTINO, AQUI É BR.
PELÉ > MARADONA SEU BOLUDO DE MERDA
>>
>>8016431
It's not. Nips are the only asians that eat mayo. I asked my burmese farmer friend for you, he's never heard of it.
>>
>>8016245

What? We use plenty of mayo in the US. Do you really think everyone in Japan is actually eating shit like in the OP pic for every meal? Fuck no. We eat loads of mayo here - I have no clue what you're on about. Sounds like you personally just don't like the stuff.
>>
>>8016875
The most popular instant yakisoba in Japan has a mayo packet in it. It's more common than you let on. Okonoyamaki or whatever is also almost always topped with mayo
>>
>>8016850
>claims to be from former british colony
>doesn't know what mayonnaise is
lol
What middle of nowhere kyerwar is this nonexistent friend of yours from? Has he never been to Yangon?
>>
>>8016850
Dude, other asians also use a lot of mayo nowadays especially for fried fritters but they tend use cheaper brands which they identified with rather than called it mayo, kewpie is rather expensive outside of japan.
>>
>>8017792
I have yet to see an Indian, Paki, Bangladeshi or Afghan who eats mayo on a regular basis.
Stop with the Asian stereotypes.
>>
>>8016615

>protons
>>
>>8016611
I'm not a weeb. So no.
>>
>>8016611
Kewpie is a Japanese creation that's quite far removed from American mayo.

>>8016608
Walnut shrimp is American Chinese.

White vinegar isn't popular in Asia, which is why ketchup and mayo aren't popular. Except for Japan which idolizes America.
>>
>>8017813
>Indian, Paki, Bangladeshi or Afghan
not real asians desu
>>
>>8017847
>all western brands of condiments are made with white vinegar
>white vinegar isn't popular in asia
>i have never been to any asian country, but here: let me talk out the right side of my arse on subjects i know nothing about (^:
>>
>>8017847
>he thinks prawns with candied walnuts is americanised chinese food rather than sinofied western food!!!
it originated in hk, famalam
>>
>>8016288
Not asian thingy.
>>
>>8016234
This is NOT ok!
>>
Japanese mayo is different from burgerstan mayo
>>
Mayo provides a lot of quick n cheap calories for maybe poorer people
>>
>>8018596

Mayo is expensive as fuck for it's calorie content.
>>
>>8016875
not really, just for sandwiches and even then thas normally a thin layer. or a mayo based sauce and I can't remember the last time I put that on something.
>>
>>8016234
OP is retarded. I think you are confusing Crema or sour scream with mayo when it comes to Hispanics. I've lived in Mexico and the only time I've seen mayo being used where I though it was weird was on banderillas(corn dogs)
>>
File: that makes me moist.jpg (55KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
that makes me moist.jpg
55KB, 300x300px
>>8018606
>claims to have lived in mexico
>has never tasted, seen or heard of elotes asados
Nigga, y'ain't Mexican, y'ain't never been to Mexico and you don't know shit about what Mexicans eat, so stfu whiteboy.

>mfw elotes asados con queso parmesano
>>
>>8016245
Oh no. Hispanics down in Texas do it a lot. Or Hispanics in general.
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 236x236px
>>8018654
Mfw elotes asados con mayonesa, crema, queso amarillo, salsa, queso blanco y chilito del que no pica
>>
>>8016608
I was horrified when I learned that there's mayo in honey walnut shrimp. That ended that dish for me, haven't had it since.
Oddly enough, I like mayo, and make homemade mayo fairly regularly. I don't eat it in huge amounts, though.
>>
literally gagged
>>
File: 1458599183787.jpg (6KB, 227x225px) Image search: [Google]
1458599183787.jpg
6KB, 227x225px
>>8019511
>like a thing
>hear another thing you like is used in the production of that thing
>be horrified
>stop eating the thing you like
clever
>>
>>8016234
us chinks just put mayo in it to make you white demons die faster

non if us actually eat the shit we made up for you faggots
>>
>>8020621
Yeah you guys eat the good stuff like dog and gutter oil fried rat.
>>
File: filth.jpg (136KB, 655x653px)
filth.jpg
136KB, 655x653px
Chinks & Gooks have shit-ass digestive system genetics and are generally all lactose intolerant. But every human being, whether Zipperhead or Wop, Uncle Ben or Honky, has a love for "creamy" food which is high in fat. To compensate for the inability to slather their food in cheese and dairy based creaminess, Asians slather their food in mayo.

Now u know.
>>
>>8016234
The only Asians I've ever heard of really using mayo are Nips and Pinoys. The only hispanics I know that use mayo are Mexicans, and even then the only Mexican food I've ever seen with mayo on it is corn (I don't know what it's called, they just call it 'elote' which is just Spanish for corn).
>>
>>8016312
>>8016322
Mexican here. yes we love our rice, but we hardly ever use mayonnaise. I've never seen anyone eat mayo and rice. but yes you are most likely confusing it with crema fresca. that shit is delicious. but I'm not sure with rice, hardly seen that either.
>>
>>8019575
Simpleton
>>
>>8020707
>elote is spanish for corn
No. Elote is Nahuatl for corn. Maiz is Spanish for corn. Mexican """"""""""""Spanish"""""""""""" has a fucktonne of Nahuatl words found in no other variety of """"""""""""Spanish"""""""""""" anywhere.
Similarly, Peruvian """"""""""""Spanish"""""""""""" uses the word 'choclo' for corn which is gotten from Quechua. There are at least a half dozen other varieties of """"""""""""Spanish"""""""""""" that use other words for corn, but the only Spanish word for it, as in Spanish as spoken in Spain, the country that originated the language in the first place, is 'maiz.'

>>8020740
Why the fuck are you talking about rice with mayonnaise when nobody else is? Are you high? Mexicans eat plenty of Mayonnaise, as do many (all?) other Latinos. Chileans slather that shit on everything and I think it might be illegal in Argentina to hand anyone a sandwich that doesn't have mayonnaise on it. Puerto Ricans dip all finger food into mayonnaise, including fried plantains while in Venezuela, you can't get a packet of chips/crisps without being handed a bit of mayo to eat it with (it also goes on hot dogs). Panamanians make American-style mayo-based salads all the time, likely due to American servicemen in the area.
Now, I don't know if this last one is pertinent to all of Costa Rica because, unlike those other places I mentioned, I've never been there, but when I first moved to the US, an old CR lady, around 90 years old, was really nice to me because I speak Spanish and just moved to America. She had me over her apartment more than a few times, treating me like her own grandson (she had no children and therefore no grandchildren) and cooking up CR food for me. She ate pretty much every boiled vegetable with mayonnaise or mayo-based sauce and from her, I learnt to make what I call fake-me-out hollandaise, which I've posted here before (it's mayonnaise, butter, lemon juice and egg yolk whisked together).
So yeah: lots of us Latinos eat mayo.
>>
>>8018580
came here to say that. its like saying tex mex represents mexican food
>>
>>8016234
asians only put mayo in because white people eat it
real asians don't touch that shit
>>
>>8021466
:| do u have rage issues
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.