[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anybody had a buffalo burger before? I know some places in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: grilled-bison-burgers.png (322KB, 500x328px) Image search: [Google]
grilled-bison-burgers.png
322KB, 500x328px
Has anybody had a buffalo burger before? I know some places in my city that serve them and I was wondering if it's worth the hype. Same with elk meat
>>
They're not very good. Meat tends to be more lean.
>>
I had elk sliders at a place in Tacoma that were fucking insane. Never had a buffalo burger that wasnt dry but the places I've eaten them at overcooked them or didnt mix in some sort of fat
>>
Its bretty good but it all depends whats on it desu. Mine didnt come with cheese for some reason just spinach, onions, and tomatoes with some holy aioli on the bun. For $11 it was worth it.
>>
They're just ok. Very lean, not very juicy. Overrated. Go with beef instead.
>>
>>8010620
the thing about ground red meat is that the flavor doesn't come from the lean proteins, it comes from the fat. if you have a 90/10 burger of buffalo meat and straight up beef tallow, it will basically taste like a normal burger.

so, unless you like really lean burgers or the fat flavors of different animals, there's no real reason to eat a hamburger that isn't beef.
>>
>>8010620
They are extremely good if prepared correctly. Just like good hamburgers it needs the 80/20 ratio of meat to fat.

If you had a bad buffalo burger it's because whoever prepared it is fucking shit.
>>
>>8010620
They used to be very popular in NYC during the 90s and early 00s but now I can't find them anywhere at all.
>>
File: 1449712226438.png (298KB, 2271x2380px) Image search: [Google]
1449712226438.png
298KB, 2271x2380px
>elk saute poached in beer served with mashed potatoes
>>
I had one before in Washington DC. It was pretty tasty.
>>
>>8010624
This. Too lean for me. You don't get that fatty juicyness that you need. If you're ever making them from scratch though, do half buffalo half ground pork. Holy shit. So good.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.