[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>using x grams of coffee and y ml of water vs >using

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: ScreenShot2014-03-03at9.30.18AM.png (559KB, 775x521px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot2014-03-03at9.30.18AM.png
559KB, 775x521px
>using x grams of coffee and y ml of water

vs

>using x grams of coffee and y/2 ml of water, and then filling up the mug with another y/2 ml of hot water

what differences would there be
>>
unpopular opinion: spergs who use milligram scales to brew coffee for any reason other than systematically evaluating beans in a commercial setting should be lined up against the wall and shot

do not do this at home

do not do this at your retard third-wave coffee shop just to look "cool", especially not if you can't brew a goddamm cup of coffee without making a constipated facial expression

you brew 50 cups a shift, you should NOT need a scale

you brew your morning up before going to work, you do NOT need a scale

this is the coffee equivalent of bringing a spit bucket and a white paper placemat with you to a restaurant so you can figure out if you like the wine or not
>>
>>7962508

You post an entire essay based on a misunderstanding of the OP, and OP is the sperg? Sure...
>>
>>7962508
nothing in my post suggested i actually weigh the coffee
>>
>>7962516
>grams of coffee
>ml of water
god gave you eyes, use them
>>7962515
well, op also deleted his first thread and reposted it to correct an infinitesimally trivial typo, so it just goes to show you coffee threads = sperg city
>>
>>7962531
fine, assume it reads "x coffee and y water"

does that appease your autism?

it just means the same amount in each case.

>infinitesimally trivial typo

actually it changed the entire meaning of the thread.

kill yourself.
>>
>>7962535

What's the purpose of discussing amounts if the amounts aren't measured somehow?
>>
Disclaimer: I haven't tried it myself yet, but
I think the difference is that it would be a lighter coffee than otherwise, and you would in a way be wasting coffee
In short, there would be less coffee in a mug

It's like you'd be making a double shot vs a ristretto to which you'd add water, thus just diluting it.
Dunno if this makes sense, could probably be explained better
>>
>>7962537
We're not discussing amounts. We're discussing ratios. The question was if it's better to make a very strong brew and dilute it, or use more water for brewing and using it as it comes out.
Anyone with none to moderate autism could understand it.
>>7962506
I'm guessing your diluted strong brew would just come out less extracted over all, and perhaps low in some flavour components that saturate the small amount of water and simply can't be drawn out.
>>
>>7962506

Honestly, I think there's little to no difference. Maybe adding extra water without coffee over-extracts it and damages the flavour? Not sure
>>
>>7962541
>It's like you'd be making a double shot vs a ristretto to which you'd add water, thus just diluting it.
Some people actually do this and call it an americano when they actually want brewed coffee and only have an espresso machine available. At least here in yorop. I hope it's just banter and not an actual thing americans do.
>>
>>7962563
I have no idea what an americano is in europe but here in MURRICA #1 USA you pull your shots like normal, and then add them to hot water

it's not my cup of tea but it's a distinctly different brew than aeropress or pourover or whatever, and should not be compared
>>7962556
if you didn't want autism you could have said "parts" or "units" or whatever, instead of "grams" and "millililililitres"
>>
That feel when I don't measure anything and the coffee comes out fine

Fuck autistics
>>
>>7962584

>misunderstanding the OP after it's been explained to another moron
>>
>>7962571
>grams and mils are not units
"Okay" then chief. Sorry you got triggered by standard units and can not into reading comprehension. Carry on sperging.
>>
File: fistme.jpg (3KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
fistme.jpg
3KB, 300x57px
>>7962619
>Carry on sperging.
oh, I will, anon. I will.
>>
op here

i usually do the second option but just tried the first one

i think i prefer this

thanks to the non-autists who responded
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.