[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you prefer "lighter" meals or "heavier"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Do you prefer "lighter" meals or "heavier" meals? What do you consider a "light" meal?
>>
>>7962416
light
>grilled meats
>lots of veggies
>little to no carbs
>acidic sauces such as vinegar and hot sauces

heavy
>fried food
>little to no veggies
>pastas, bread, potatos
>sauces with a lot of oil or cream

They both have their places.
>>
During the work week I prefer lighter meals because I get sleepy if I have a gut bomb for lunch and I don't sleep well at night if I have a huge dinner. Usually some dark heavy vegetables and some meat, sometimes whole grains

However, I'm very physically active so I need to choose the composition of these "light" meals very carefully otherwise I end up devastatingly hungry and tired the next day. I also have several eggs, a protein shake, or a large amount of full fat unsweetened yogurt for breakfast

Once or twice a month I'll hog out and make a ridiculous amount of food for dinner, maybe a big ass steak or a duck breast or something, and a ton of vegetables on the side, and drink an entire bottle of wine, and a shitload of cheese for dessert, but I don't feel so good afterwards (only during)

I've actually got a duck breast in the fridge right now doing a short cure, that I should eat this evening, I'm not really in the mood for it but I got duck on the brain this weekend and I have to follow through on my purchase. Might do the wine bottle thing tonight
>>
>>7962416

Heavy

I usually eat 3 meals a day with no snacks or such in between so I need the meal to keep me a long way.
>>
>>7962416
>Do you prefer "lighter" meals or "heavier" meals?

I don't have a general preference, it's totally up to my whims at any particular meal.

>>What do you consider a "light" meal?
Soup and salad
Many kinds of sandwiches
A small portion of grilled or steamed meat/fish with some veggies on the side
Fruit and cheese plate

Mind you, there's always some gray area here. some "Salads" are huge, loaded with meat & cheese and served with a fatty dressing. That's not "light".
>>
>>7962436
That drives me crazy. Usually I have to specify I want a side salad because I don't want a huge cheesy bacon monstrosity doused in ranch.
>>
>>7962442
>Usually I have to specify I want a side salad because I don't want a huge cheesy bacon monstrosity doused in ranch.

That problem is caused by eating at shitty restaurants.
>>
>>7962416

Depends. If it's a cold, fall or winter day I will prefer richer, hearty, heavier meals. Other times I like light meals.

A typical light meal for me would be salmon or some other type of fish, with some rice, vegetables. Various soups, stuff like that.

When it comes to rich/heavier meals I love a good medium rare steak in a red wine sauce, sauteed mushrooms, mashed potatoes or potato gratin and some vegetables. French onion soup is awesome. I also love the richness of duck breast, lamb with mint is one of my favourite combinations too. These things are typically my go to heavy/rich foods.
>>
File: ugh.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
ugh.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
>>7962442
I've gotten over my aversion of ordering dressing on the side. It's just seriously awful that 80% of places can't resist totally drenching the salad, even when they use very good greens.
>>
>>7962416
To me a light meal is one that isn't loaded with animal fat and simple carbs. Of course portion size matters, though. You can make a heavy meal out of light foods by piling them on too much, and a light meal can include heavy foods if you're careful with the servings.
>>
File: image.png (899KB, 688x663px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
899KB, 688x663px
Light snack
>>
>>7962505
>>7962505

>Ketchup
>No honey mustard
>No garlic aioli

IT'S NOT A TENDIES DINNER WITHOUT HONEY MUSTARD AND GARLIC AIOLI REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOU FUCKING NORRMIIIIIEEEEEES
>>
>>7962464

I prefer to make salads at home and go to restaurants for things I can't make at home as good.
>>
I prefer heavy meals almost always.

A light meal for me would be a salad or bowl of soup with a lean piece of meat or some sort of seafood.

A heavy meal would be plenty of rich meat, maybe potatoes or roasted vegetables. Preferably cooked in butter or animal fat.
>>
>>7962645
Surely with normies the opposite would be true?
>>
>>7962842

Probably
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.