[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>heading back to uni >want to learn to cook healthy >all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

>heading back to uni
>want to learn to cook healthy
>all guides online have random spices and obscure ingredients in that I can't justify buying
>can barely cook an omelette without instructions

Any easy recipes or tricks you know about?

A website with intro-level cooking advice would be great.
>>
4chan.org/ck/
>>
>>7959942
>can barely cook an omelette
no, you cannot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s10etP1p2bU
>>
>>7959942
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJy1ajvMU1k

here's a good place to start. learn some basic skills and then branch out.

if you're struggling to cook an omelette then carefully watch a tutorial and figure out what you're doing wrong... if it sticks, use more fat. if it breaks, take your time and slow tf down

generally you can just youtube a recipe. if you are clueless in the kitchen a text recipe isn't necessarily going to do you any good.
>>
Recently finished my undergraduate, you learn as you go really.

Making use of basic food recipe websites give you a general idea of what ingredients you should keep in stock usually. The best advice I can offer is that when you are doing your weekly shopping, research before hand recipes you want to try and buy what you need.

It's a slow process if you cook casually but you eventually get better.
>>
>>7959942
>he didn't learn to cook growing up
Here in Illinois, we're required to take 2 years or family and consumer sciences in middle school, which of course includes cooking. Also, my parents loved me and had me in the kitchen from an early age. Didn't your parents love you?
>>
>>7959942
>want to cook recipe
>google it to find out more about it
>cook it
>learn from successes and mistakes

Repeat.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/user/BrothersGreenEats
Check them out, they look like vegan hippies at first glance. But they're love meat as much as anyone else
Their recipes are really simple and they talk in plain speak and doesn't try to be something they're not
>>
>>7960226
Sometimes it's hard to actually find recipes, or at least it's hard to know what to look for, so this should be good.
>>
>>7959942
If you want to learn Japanese cooking there is an aggressively large number of basic sites.

Justonecookbook
Japanesecooking101
Cookingwithdog

All of these will teach you basic techniques and recipes.
>>
>>7960262
>>all guides online have random spices and obscure ingredients in that I can't justify buying
>>If you want to learn Japanese cooking
Are you daft?
>>
>>7960262
>Cookingwithdog
Sure that wouldn't be Chinese?
>>
easy trick yes
when cooking an egg, split into 8 and season with different spices and see what pairing works
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.