[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>17 Courses >£255 each >additional £150 for wine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: sound-of-the-sea-fat-duck.jpg (461KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
sound-of-the-sea-fat-duck.jpg
461KB, 1024x768px
>17 Courses
>£255 each
>additional £150 for wine to go with the meal
Would you say its worth it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpHFY8PydnE
>>
>>7950898

I honestly have no idea. That food is bizarre. You can't tell how it would taste by looking at it.
>>
>>7950898
So what exactly do they charge for this shit? Like 3 dollars a piece? How much does real food cost there?
>>
>>7950898
>Would you say its worth it?
Yes, for the entertainment and wow factor. You don't often get to see such shit done for you. It's a lot of work.
>>
>>7950898
>Would you say its worth it?
no, but i'm poor so i might be biased.

i'm more interested in things like cultured meat. i'd rather visit a restaurant that used actual 'new' foods like that, as long as it wasn't too expensive.
>>
>>7950998

Is it a lot of work? It seems to me that a lot of these dishes at Fat Duck and other such restaurants use ingredients which don't need long preparation times after the order.

Maybe couple ingredients which need to be sautéed for a couple of minutes, with everything else coming from earlier prep.

Compare that to traditional restaurant dishes which have large pieces of meat and veg which need significant cooking time, which need to all come together at roughly the same time.

I think this kind of cooking is often designed to be far easier on the kitchen than traditional cooking.
>>
>no aged carrots
>no pine branches
>no inedible rocks taken directly from the ocean
Why the fuck would I go there when I could go to Noma instead?
>>
>>7950898
$255 Each

Do you mean A HEAD or PER COURSE?

A HEAD... maybe. You have to think of it like performance art, not a dinner. Thats a fucking lot to spend on a theatre ticket but then it's also just you and like 4-5 other people so it's like a private performance.

Per course/plate? No, nine nyet never no.
>>
>>7950898
It looks disgusting. I would probably puke. Not a single dish is edible, not even the desert
>>
>>17 Courses
>>£255 each
Holy shit, a $4335 meal? That's far too much for a single dinner.
>>
sorry lads I meant £255 per person.
If two people went and had the recommended wine, total bill would be around £900
>>
>>7951021
Keep in mind that these kind of places also will likely have less seating arrangements. But i wonder how physically demanding mise en place is in places like this, compared to more traditional places.
>>
>2016,5
>foam
embarassing
>>
i ate there when it still had an a la carte menu and my sister vetoed the tasting menu for the table. i was really pissed off. i would definitely want to try the tasting menu.

HOWEVER, if you get a wine flight you get fuuuuuuuuucked up, and not everything on the menu is going to be widely appreciated. if you're fucking hammered after 5 courses and they bring you a fucking passionfruit and lavender infused jellied oyster, you might be playing a dangerous game.

three of my friends have literally vomited at the table or while leaving to go outside/to the bathroom. one of them did it twice. all of them hated the sound of the sea.

the red cabbage gazpacho with mustard ice cream was definitely my favourite part of the whole experience, it was such a ridiculously stimulating start to the meal. i got the crab biscuit with seared foie, then the lamb (a little chop, a little hot pot, sweetbreads i think... it was a 5 ways type dish) then the chocolate praline delice with cumin caramel. there were lots of other little courses we didn't get to choose, like the aforementioned gazpacho, beef tea, i think some kind of broccoli custard and finally some whimsical petits fours.

the petits fours were 'beetroot and orange' flavoured, and there were six purple ones, six orange ones. the joke was that the purple ones were actually orange and the orange ones actually beetroot. however my gf was in the toilet when they were brought out so she shoved a purple one in her mouth and i told her it was beetroot and she spat it onto the table immediately. then tried to mop up the mess with her napkin. her whole table setting was lurid purple.
>>
>>7951021

they employ more staff than a full service of punters. yes there is a lot of work. a lot of stuff is done at the last minute.

>I think this kind of cooking is often designed to be far easier on the kitchen than traditional cooking.

which enables more complex and elaborate dishes. it's like saying the piano is designed to play music easier than the guitar, say. yes, but that sure as fuck doesn't make the piano easier to play.
>>
>>7950898
Yes, it's a tasting menu. Given the amount of courses, that's not a bad price.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.