[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys put on your baked pasta? I'm getting a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

What do you guys put on your baked pasta? I'm getting a little fed up of just marinara sauce and parmesean cheese.
>>
meat and vegetables
>>
>>7949999
What meat and what vegetables?

Nice quads.
>>
>>7950009
green beans
>>
Pieces of bacon . Mushrooms. Peas.
>>
>>7949999
I'm vegan, what would you suggest for me, obviously i'll omit the cheese and i'll be using organic rice flour pasta as I cannot eat gluten.
>>
>>7950037
M̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ vegetables
>>
In my part of Italy, we make a tomato sauce in which we stew a piece of beef breast.

We eat the sauce with pasta (or far more rarely, rice), but the breast is often pulled apart and shredded and used in sandwiches and panuozzi or, alternately, used in layered casserole dishes, like lasagne, timballi/timpane and baked pasta dishes.

My area does lasagne with no ricotta or bechamel sauce using, instead, a LOT of provola or dry fior di latte, the shredded breast and the sauce it was cooked in.

You could try that.
Or pork. We cook a whole pork shoulder/pork breast (or, if we're making a large enough portion of sauce, both the pork and beef), though for some reason, this pork is never used in casseroles and I don't know why. Sausages are used in some, though.

If you're looking for something completely different, we also do a green sauce based on spinach. It's cooked in much the same manner as tomato sauce, but using blanched-shocked-and-puréed spinach in place of tomato. That's never done with beef, though. Pork, chicken and sausages are used. And though not traditional, I use that sauce in making layered casseroles from time to time. Goes very well with provola.
>>
Shrimp or even some cheap but delicious imitation crab meat will make for a delicious pasta bake.
>>
>>7949994
op, make pastitsio next time. it'll be a tasty change to our pasta bake.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (39KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
39KB, 480x360px
>>
OP here again. I'm going to the store soon and I want to know if you guys have any recommendations on what sauce I should buy?
>>
File: 6536243_4be6894b87_m.jpg (82KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
6536243_4be6894b87_m.jpg
82KB, 500x375px
>>7949994
feta and spinach
>>
File: 1468390356315.png (448KB, 455x395px) Image search: [Google]
1468390356315.png
448KB, 455x395px
>>7950037
>Vegan
Kek
>>
>>7951579

Looks really good actually. Just feta and spinach? Isn't that dry? Do you have some olive oil and garlic in there too?
>>
>>7951646
Feta melts

That pic is not mine though. I always put in lots of garlic and onions
>>
>>7949994
chicken, bacon and broccoli, together with a garlic sauce and parmesan/mozzarella
>>
File: greek-macaroni-casserole.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
greek-macaroni-casserole.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
Macaroni mincemeat casserole in the Greek style
>>
>>7950037
Every single time I see a supposed vegan on the internet, I have to invoke poe's law to myself.
>>
I make a fast simple macaroni casterol that i enjoy.

Boil larger elbow maccaroni. Fry bacon or simmilar. saute onions, garlic and some other vegetable if you like. I like to add brocolli or cellery for example. Add tomato paste or sund dried tomatoes, black pepper and thyme. Whisk together the appopriate amount of eggs and milk, sighlty less than one dl of milk per egg. Put the vegetables and bacon and macaronis in a coated pan and pour the egg-milk mixture on. Top with bread crumbs and parmesan. Put in oven at 225 C until not runny
>>
>>7949994
Onion
Broccoli
Maybe carrots and cauliflower
Spicy sausage
>>
File: 1469905868550.png (42KB, 200x190px) Image search: [Google]
1469905868550.png
42KB, 200x190px
>>7950037
> vegan
> glutton allergy

Top kek
>>
>>7950037
>i'll be using organic rice flour pasta as I [s]cannot[/s] choose not to eat gluten even though I do not have celiac disease

Grow up. Gluten free is a meme.
>>
>>7953924
>>7953927
I just love knowing that this retard gets so triggered by something that doesn't even concern him. lol
>>
>Leftover rotisserie chicken
>A package of frozen spinach, defrosted
>Onions
>Minced garlic
>Assorted vegetables (Basically clear the crisper of squash, mushrooms, bell peppers, tomatoes, etc.)
>Half and half
>Butter
>Salt and pepper
>Fully cooked penne
>Top with mozz

Put it in a 400F oven for 40-50 minutes and you have a quick, pantry clearing chicken florentine
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.