[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College dropout here, my major was culinary arts. I know a little

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 1450323110313.jpg (92KB, 610x458px) Image search: [Google]
1450323110313.jpg
92KB, 610x458px
College dropout here, my major was culinary arts. I know a little about cooking and cooked food for my family from when i was 15 to 17, i'm 20 now and haven't cooked a thing in 2 years and forget almost everything about cooking. Last night i cooked tacos for my girlfriend and they were alright, she sad "they weren't too bad" the recipe was
>1 green, one red, one yellow pepper
>2 jalapeno peppers
>1 jar of medium salsa
>1lb of ground beef
>That's it
What are some easy recipes i can cook to start relearning how to really cook?
>>
>>7949746
So... you just dumped all that shit in a pan? Sounds to me like you made sloppy joes instead of tacos. You used vegetables to season the ground beef. That's....not how you do it. You need to use actual spices. Salsa's fine, peppers are fine. But they're not substitutes for spices.
>>
sorry bud but culinary arts is not an actual college degree.....not hating, just informing
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
>>7949746
Just maked this today, its just a frozen chicken patty sliced in half, seasoned potato wedges, a big hot dog bread toasted with garlic butter. You top the sandwich with marinara sauce an top it with parmesan cheese. It tasted pretty good and I didnt did a mess. Did I do well?
>>
>>7949756
Well it was at community college and attended other college classes so i assumed i went to college.
>>
>>7949750
>So... you just dumped all that shit in a pan? Sounds to me like you made sloppy joes instead of tacos
Yeah kinda, what spices do you recommend/.
>>
>>7949807
You where wrong. You are already cooking what you are qualified to make the way you know best
>>
>>7949815
>where
>>
>>7949807
just out of curiosity, what other classes did you take that were not cooking related? like i said im not hating, it is just that culinary arts is more like a trade school type deal
>>
>>7949869
Not OP but that's exactly what it is, broski. Every CC I've been to (3 because moving a lot) all have culinary programs. It's an associate's degree with a concentration in cooking. You take other shit that a standard associate's degree requires, like basic math, English/Lit, a science, etc. But the bulk of your "core" classes are cooking.

Others are more directly cooking related, and you get a certificate (like trade school) instead of the associate's degree.
>>
>>7949869
https://www.dtcc.edu/academics/programs-study/culinary-arts
>>
>>7949885
>>7949889
thanks. i learned something new and have a little more respect for chefs
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 241x318px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 241x318px
ahaha white people!!! when ya parents gone half the time aint no choice, u gotta learn 2 cock!!
>>
>>7949772
no
>>
>>7950027
ummm...at least we know who are parents are
>>
>>7950302
OP here, it's true in my case but hey at least i'm not a nigger.
>>
wait.

you MAJORED in CULINARY ARTS and you have now forgotten everything about cooking?

are you a goldfish? that is like if i majored in music and forgot what a dominant chord is
>>
>>7949746
>college drop out, can't even do an easy non-degree and an all around failure
>doesn't cook, is probably a stoner
>gf

I think it's because I'm not funny, that must be it
>>
>>7950493
i do have a gf tho thats why i'm cooking again
>>7950487
i smoke a lot of pot
>>
>>7950302
>>7950475
Topic is locked. See global rule #2.
>>
>>7950650
:^))
>>
File: 1469671157256.jpg (11KB, 288x261px) Image search: [Google]
1469671157256.jpg
11KB, 288x261px
>majors in culinary arts
>hasn't cooked in two years

Did you eat fast food for two fucking years straight?
>>
>>7949746
What the fuck did you eat for two years? How is it even possible that a person fails to cook a meal for themselves for 2000+ meals straight? Were you, a college dropout, spending all of his money on overpriced fast food for multiple years in a row?
>>
>>7950302
lmao...i spelt our as are....global rule 2....explain, i refuse to read 4chan rules.........i don't like rules or for that matter the people that make them
>>
Wtf. This man went to school for culinary art, even if for only a brief time. And still managed to completely butcher making tacos. Something everyone should be able to make.
>>
File: OfficialAbleDrongo.gif (349KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
OfficialAbleDrongo.gif
349KB, 350x233px
>>7950802
You speak like you're from Latin America.
>>
>>7950802
I agree
>>
>>7949811
Chili powder would work well with tacos.
>>
>>7950725
Fucking this, what the fuck man.
Also, dropout here, fucking kill me. At least I failed in fucking IT engineering. Welp, trying again in a year.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.