[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about buying a wok. I already know I want a carbon steel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: PSX_20160804_015204.jpg (77KB, 1434x835px) Image search: [Google]
PSX_20160804_015204.jpg
77KB, 1434x835px
Thinking about buying a wok.
I already know I want a carbon steel one but preseasoned or no?
I don't mind doing the work to get that patina going but it's pretty much 2 to 3 dollar difference.
Also, any recommendations or things to avoid?
>>
I think they all come pre-seasoned.
Just heat up some oil in it and swirl it around
>>
They have wok pans at Ikea for like 20 bucks, get one of those
>>
>>7947471
Whats special about them?
>>
>>7947514
They've got heart, damn it.
>>
>>7947514
They fit all the ingredients I'm using to stir fry.
There's nothing like loosing 3 pieces of chicken and a bunch of vegetables when you're moving things around.
>>
What kind of stove do you have? Cause electric stove tops really don't work with the shape of a wok
>>
>>7947619
Gas.
Hated my electric so much in my old apartment that I moved.
>>
>>7947667
Wise move
>>
>>7947667
Still gonna need an adaptor to get it hot enough for that wok hei, Anon.
>>
File: WokStar-Mary-GE-big-burner.jpg (35KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
WokStar-Mary-GE-big-burner.jpg
35KB, 600x450px
>>7947680
That is ideal, but most people dont.
We go like this, and its fine.
>>
>>7947680
I own one of those rings but due to the fucking stupid design of the gas stove I have in my house I can't use it.

I want one of those big ass 50 Mj burners you can buy online

The problem is I'm renting and using that outside with a gas bottle and wok with oil flying everywhere would make a huge mess that I'm too lazy to clean up
>>
>>7947471
i have one with a flat bottom so i can use it on my stove. looks like the one in pic related. would highly recommend. you can throw a whole bunch of different things in it and it cooks it all great
>>
For normal gas stoves, go for flat bottoms.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.