[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /ck/ I have like 50 cans of salmon I got from the food bank.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 1470095427646.jpg (81KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1470095427646.jpg
81KB, 540x540px
Hey /ck/ I have like 50 cans of salmon I got from the food bank. Im having a family get together with my mother in law, my wife and her son. Any way I can make this much edible for all of us?
>>
File: 1470140172957.png (189KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
1470140172957.png
189KB, 456x320px
>>7945651
Anyone?
>>
>>7945651
50 cans of salmon? My best guess is to go the soul food approach and make salmon patties out of it - add breadcrumbs, eggs, cheese, and dill, and pan-fry the stuff
>>
>>7945651
>mother in law, my wife and her son
>it's a subtle "my wife's son" episode
>>
>>7946044
Yeah that sounds delicous, seconding this op.
>>
>>7946044
Salmon patties is a good idea but cheese is not and you should deepfry/bake them instead.
>>
>>7946044
Im kinda bored stiff of salmon patties
>>
File: reggios-blackened-redfish.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
reggios-blackened-redfish.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
>>7945651
Op, where I yous, I would get some smoking shit or some smokey fluid seasoning and coat the salmon in it, then add in cajun spices, you don't need to make salmon patties, but you do want to grill or pan sear it, then you can put it in pasta, gumbo, jumbalaya, red beans and rice. pretty much any poor food you can think of. Reserve a few cans for ye old mayo, onion, celery, and dark wheat bread. If you're poor you'll already know you can get the best storebought bread for the freezer in the marked down isles, but if you're new at this shit, check their whenever you have time to waste if you don't know how to or don't have the time to bake good bread. Never settle for that wonderbread and natures own crap, at that point you should just no-knead.

Either way with pasta, rice, and beans, whatever vegetables you can get a hold of
and seasoned smokey salmon, it shouldn't be hard to drum up plenty of creole or american-italian pasta recipes and fish sandwiches. If you run out of ideas, try searching serious eats website

And remember, if any of those cans are dented, open the shit out of them first. you don't want the bot.
>>
>>7946345
>And remember, if any of those cans are dented, open the shit out of them first. you don't want the bot.

nothing wrong with dented cans. bulging cans are what you want to avoid.
>>
>>7946345
This is brilliant dude, seconded
>>
File: 1454544260058.jpg (9KB, 200x218px) Image search: [Google]
1454544260058.jpg
9KB, 200x218px
>>7945651
>my wife and her son
>>
File: liquid-smoke.jpg (48KB, 420x543px) Image search: [Google]
liquid-smoke.jpg
48KB, 420x543px
>>7946345
remember you want this shit, not "smokey" bbq sauce

>>7946475
dented cans break the protective layer on the inside of the can and can weaken the shelf life of the cans.
>>
>>7945651
>food bank
>my wife and her son

sounds about right
>>
>>7945651

my mom used to make a salmon macaroni salad that was pretty gangster.

It had some mayo, minced onions and celery and black pepper in it from what I remember. Never tried to do it myself though. 50 cans is a whole fuck of a lot though. Maybe the salmon patty suggestion is better in this case
>>
>>7946556
dont talk to them.
>>
Dont talk to me or my wifes son ever again.
>>
>>7945651
>my wife and her son
>her son

Do I even have to say anything, or no?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.