[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is using this as a marinade a meme? Also, what's your opinion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: italian_dressing.png (32KB, 215x383px) Image search: [Google]
italian_dressing.png
32KB, 215x383px
Is using this as a marinade a meme?

Also, what's your opinion on marinades? I've seen some claims that they don't penetrate the meat enough to make a difference, and you end up pouring out perfectly good oil, vinegar, and spices. Seems like you're better off using it as a dip.
>>
>>7941534
As much as it goes against my policy of cooking as much as possible from scratch and avoiding buying pre-made things, I must admit that it does make a pretty good marinade.

Marinades do work well, if you keep a few things in mind:
1) it takes time. Marinading for 20 minutes (for most applications, anyway) is useless. Leave it overnight. You can speed up the process by using a syringe as well. These are sold as "flavor injectors".

2) it takes the right chemistry. A marinade should include either an acid and/or alcohol, as well as a fat (oil). That way it carries both water-soluble and fat-soluble flavors. That bottled dressing contains both of those (vinegar for the acid, and oil for the fat). It should also contain salt, so it affects the moisture of the meat the same way that a brine does.

Whether you need a marinade or not is totally up to your preference. Most marinades add flavor, so just like any other source of flavor it's up to your preference if you like it not.

You can also tenderize meats with marinades including certain ingredients. Commercial mixes often contain a tenderizing agent added. You can also do that by including certain RAW fruits like papaya, kiwi, or pineapple. Those contain enzymes which break down meat. Canned or otherwise cooked versions of the fruits don't work though--heat deactivates the enzymes.
>>
>>7941552
lol what a fag
>>
>>7941552
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>7941552
>it takes time

After a few (2-4) hours the marinade won't penetrate any further into the meat so there's no point in leaving it overnight
>>
>>7941667

Incorrect. Fick's law of diffusion, bro. If you're old enough to post here didn't you study that in Chem class?
>>
File: belmer.jpg (5KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
belmer.jpg
5KB, 251x201px
>>7941586
>reading comprehension
>>7941559
Fast food addict detected.
>>
>>7941534
Marinades are usually pretty lame on their own. Dousing your chicken in fucking wishbone salad dressing sounds absolutely depressing and I don't know why someone capable of posting on 4chan would do that. Get your shit together.
>>
>>7941674
Huh?
>>
>>7941670
>being this behind on the latest memes
>>
>>7941738
>latest memes
Know how I know you're a fucking idiot?
>>
>>7941534
If its top quality meat it should never be marinated. Chicken and marinade on the other hand is excellent(especially a dry spice rub) and works super well. Look at tandoori for example. That's a fantastic marinade.
>>
>>7941738

>Actually choosing to follow the latest memes
>>
>>7941764
And by marinade I mean the result of the marinating process and then the cooking in the tandoor works out well.
>>
>>7941534
italian is a good marinade. the results speak for themselves.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.