[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, my mom's a pretty healthy eater but recently been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 54406626.jpg (154KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
54406626.jpg
154KB, 400x400px
Hey guys, my mom's a pretty healthy eater but recently been to the doctor's and he said she has H. Pylori. Basically she's been given pills to kill the bacteria and a list of the things she can't eat, which has been a hefty ask. It pretty much rules out most things she likes along with some stuff she rarely touches (sugary, fried, fatty foods).

I've been searching online and have come up with a list for her but it all seems to fall a bit short and is contradictory. Being my go-to for any food related topics I was wondering if anyone else had this or could help me come up a list for her? Thanks a bunch in advance guys.

Prohibited foods:
Citric Fruit (along with pomegranate, her favorite, though it isn't that acidic so I'm not sure why he prohibited this?)
Berries
Yeast
Spicy Food (consequently rules out seasoning)
Oils (Olive oil, almond oil, coconut oil, all oils).
Processed, Sugary, Fried, Fatty etc. foods
>>
>>7941278
Tell your mom to enjoy her boiled goose.
>>
>>7941454
Bruh please.
>>
>>7941278
>No oil
>No citrus
>No sugar
>No spice

Might as well just shoot herself desu

Or eat some Oatmeal idk
>>
Tell your mom to learn how to cook and stop bothering you with this shit
Also get your own place you pathetic fuck
>>
>>7941278
Can you talk more about H. Pylori? It seems like that whole list, minus maybe spicy and yeast, is exactly what your average person trying to lose weight should be avoiding. I don't want to make any assumptions, but it sounds like the list is just one of those "don't eat this and you'll lose weight" diets, but I understand that that's not even the goal here.

Honestly, if she can't have oils, I don't know where she's supposed to get her fats from. It's dangerous to have too little fat in your diet.

based on what we're given:
- Meats:
chicken, probably just the leaner parts (breasts and wings)
turkey, same deal as chicken
I'm fairly sure fish is a good lean option, although I'm not sure, and it depends on how you make it.
The birds will probably be a fucking bitch to cook because you can't use oils. You can grill them, but it'll be hard to pull off well without a fat. In terms of fish, you can buy it smoked or smoke it yourself, but that gets a bit more expensive.
- Vegetables:
Part of me says that this is still based on losing weight, so I would just avoid starchy vegetables (corn, potatoes)
if it's not actually an issue, though, they should be fine
unless stated otherwise, I think most other vegetables should be perfectly fine
- fruit:
honestly, I would just avoid all of them, and try to get nutrients from vegetables. I think that even tomatoes are acidic to some degree.
- Carbohydrates:
Again, if caloric intake is a factor, then carbohydrate intake should be limited
otherwise, trying to find carbohydrate sources without the use of yeast, look at starchy vegetables and grains like rice, couscous, etc.
I'm under the assumption that yeast is only used in products that are baked
- fats:
I'm still very unsure about this, because limiting fat intake is a serious issue. I would ask the doctor about this again.
Otherwise, look to sources like eggs and nuts, they tend to be better for most people than the use of cooking oils
Liquids:
Fucking nothing but water
>>
>>7941500

I'm not OP, but H. Pylori is a bacteria associated with stomach ulcers. The idea is to eat a diet that will minimize aggravating the ulcers during the treatment. It has nothing whatsoever to do with weight loss.
>>
If you can't do oils, what about cooking in lard/butter?
>>
>>7941616

1) It's not that he "can't" do oils, it's that they ought to be minimized. Eating some veggies sauteed in a little oil is fine. Eating a giant pile of deep-fried food is not.

2) the restriction is fat, not oil. and all cooking oils are fats. the restriction extends to all of them. lard, butter, ghee, etc, included.
>>
>>7941278
My dad has this and he routinely shovels down all the nondairy unsweetened yogurt he can eat. It helps with the pain. He also eats blanched spinach a lot.
>>
>>7941475
Pretty much my initial thought as well.

>>7941482
I'm back to visit anon. She didn't bother me but I sometimes like to cook for my mom and little brother when I'm back, this just put me in a bit of a pickle as to the lack of variety. Regardless though it's my mom and I'm worried about her so. It isn't a "bother" or inconvenience at all.

>>7941500
Thank you very much anon. She isn't overweight and is fairly active, so it's not a weight issue. I've prepared a list for her with items much like the ones you've described. She has another appointment and I plan on having him review/add or remove from it. Also below:

>>7941513
Anon's on point with that descriptor, thank you anon.

>>7941616
>>7941619
Anon's got it here too. All oils, fats, etc. including butter and all.

>>7941984
Thanks a lot anon. I actually never heard of nondairy yogurt before, I'll pick some up for her next time I'm at the store. I really hope your dad feels better. Thank you.
>>
>>7941278
Your mom is a weak human being and will die soon. Enjoy foster care tendies you autist fagot
>>
>>7943269
And you're a pathetic poor excuse of a parasite which I find more pitiful than any physical malady but thanks for sharing anon.
>>
I've had h pylori anon. Honestly I didn't change my diet at all. I just took the pills and it never came back.

Good luck to your mom.
>>
You could try cooking her a risotto. Those typically don't have a lot of fats from oil, and if you make one with apple, it could help her digestive system a bit. That sounds like a pretty safe bet if you want her to stay away from all the stuff you listed.

Also, since H. Pylori attacks the stomach lining and screws with your digestive system, I would recommend staying away from cherries as well. They stay in your digestive tract for up to 3 days and may cause complications if she eats a lot of food while they're still being digested.
Good luck, anon. Hope your mom gets better
>>
>>7943937
The pills alone seemed like a pain. Did you have to take those three giant ass pills every 6 hours? Thanks anon, I hope you feel much better.

>>7944073
Risotto, hadn't thought of that. Stay away from cherries, noted. Thanks a lot anon.
>>
>>7944112

I took two pills twice a day. Didn't bother me at all though since I was already used to having to take a pill at the exact same time every day.

I do feel better thank you. Haven't had any issues in 5 years at least.
>>
>>7941278
Rice porridge is easy to make and you can add in broth, veggies, and protien to make it a meal. Miso soup could be an option as well. Lots of Japanese recipes fit your mom's dietary restrictions.
>>
I had that like 7 years ago. Had to take 8 pills a day for a month but the doctor didn't say anything about changing my diet whilst taking them. Went away and never came back. That shit hurt like a bitch though
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.