[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What dry seasonings go well with vegetables, outside of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: photo-61.jpg (104KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
photo-61.jpg
104KB, 480x640px
What dry seasonings go well with vegetables, outside of salt and pepper?
>>
Rosemary
Thyme
Sage
Hide
Oregano
>>
>>7925252
Idk about dry seasoning but apple cider vinegar is good with broccoli and green beans. Basically steam your veggies, lightly coat them in apple cider vinegar and put it on the fridge for 30 minutes to soak. I love it.
>>
>>7925252

chili flakes
>>
>>7925252
I use Mrs. Dash. I love it actually. Do you know what Mrs. Dash is?
>>
>>7925252
fry lightly in a mixture of 2 Tbs sesame oil, 2 Tbs soy sauce, 2 Tbs mirin, 1 Tbs each minced garlic and ginger, .5 tsp red pepper flakes, .5 tsp powdered mustard and 1 tsp corn starch

I also like to steam mushrooms and onions and reserve the liquid for the sauce
>>
>>7925252
Garlic salt
Chicken bouillon and lemon juice
>>
>>7925258

underrated
>>
>>7925340
Came here to say this, couldn't remember the name of the product, Anon delivers, leaving satisfied. That's like a church lady "joy of cooking" Campbell's soup casserole level additive from my childhood. +1
>>
>>7926847
I'd like to add: this Mrs. Dash was literally in every grandmothers cupboard if your from the Midwest US and of a certain age. You gotta remember, these were women of the depression, you made due with what you had, and these sorts of things were luxuries we take for granted. Not to threadjack, but way of example (it's actually quite good) I'll share my grandmothers "goulash:" v8, browned ground beef, and elbow mac, paprika, s&p. Or what my grandpa called "shit on a shingle:" canned beef covered in a roux (milk gravy) on toast. And if you think we had it bad here in the states, ask one of the bongs about their grands war/post war experiences. Real eye opener. /end thread jack. On topic: Mrs. Dash is the shit. Keep it in the pantry.
>>
>>7925252
buttter
>>
>>7925252
I usually just dash on some lawry's or lemon
>>
>>7926960
>>7925252
Finally, veg should stand on their own. Blanch, for greens, peas, etc, sauté in some butter for most cases, just add lemon juice. Roots (carrots, parsnips, potatoes) benefit from some herbs (fines herbes/herbes de Provence) is a good choice, esp. if served as a stand alone side. Roasted potatoes? Parsley or thyme, or Rosemary depending on what you've got on hand. Think about pairing the flavor of the dish, savory? Go with more savory herbs. But generally I'd argue -outside of roots- other than a bit of shallot, butter, (you asked about dried herbs) and a squeeze of lemon, they should be left alone. Sauté a chicken breast, make a Dijon mustard sauce from the fond, bake some red taters with fines herbes or rosemary & olive oil, blanch & and sauté up some snow peas w butter and lemon and you'll see what I mean
>>
>>7925252
A little bit of cum goes a long way
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.