[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to make oatmeal biscuits. Specifically, just plain oatmeal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: sfn.jpg (439KB, 1900x1400px) Image search: [Google]
sfn.jpg
439KB, 1900x1400px
I want to make oatmeal biscuits. Specifically, just plain oatmeal in biscuit form. Not oatmeal cookies, or oat cakes, etc.

Would it work? What would be the best way to go about it?

Boil the oatmeal first, then drop by spoonfuls onto a sheet? Or make a dough with the oat/oat flour, then cut out little biscuits?
>>
If you use plain oatmeal and boil it first it will turn into coprolite
>>
>>7924359
couldn't you just make biscuits normally and substitute oat flour?
>>
>>7924368
That would be flour, sugar, and butter. Not really plain enough.
>>
>>7924394
You want to make biscuits with just oats and water? Why would you do this to yourself?

You can make hardtack with oat flour I guess, but I don't know why you'd willingly eat it in an era where plenty of ingredients (not to mention refrigerators) are available.
>>
>>7924359
Are you using "biscuit' in the commonwealth usage or American?

If its the former you should use America's test kitchen for a crispy oatmeal "cookie". Trust me its a biscuit in the crispy sense.

If you are being some meme-ing faggot trust me when I say it will taste like shit and be almost inedible.

Use salt and water at least, and sugar if you have any sanity. Grind half the oats with a food processor or coffee grinder into powerder, mix back with whole oats and add water till its a workable stiff dough and salt/sugar to taste. Make sure its well blended and a solid dough throughout.

Roll out between greased plastic wrap and use a cookie cutter. You'll have to bake it at pretty low heat (maybe 200f?) for a long time to get the moisture out and a solid cookie that wont go bad.

Gonna be horrible without softening it in water first. Basically a shittier ship biscuit.
>>
>>7924401
I like oatmeal, but it's too hot to eat oatmeal. Cold oatmeal is gummy. Overnight oats taste raw. And granola is kind of impossible without syrup or peanut butter or whatever.

I'll look into hardtack. I don't want to break my teeth though.
>>
>>7924413
Dude you need to seek mental help. I think you may be retarded. You just wasted everyone's time with your dumb-ass request. We can't magically make oatmeal biscuits that taste good and don't break your teeth with no other ingredients or techniques. How the fuck do you think cooking works?

Granola bars or oatmeal cereals are clearly what want just buy some shits cheap.
>>
>>7924413
Consider making oat milk. It's basically oats soaking in water overnight and mix it in a blender.
When I make it I add a bit of cinnamon but you can keep it as plain as you like.
>>
>>7924417
I don't know.. I just had an idea and I thought I'd ask about it.

I found a recipe for oat biscuits that contains : flour, oats, sugar, butter, syrup, milk.

Why does that work? What keeps it edible?

Could I just not cook them as long?

(Granola bars aren't cheap, by the way.)
>>
>>7924417
Is an oatmeal bar (chewy or hard, but preferably chewy) without added sugar and fats too much to ask for?
>>
>>7924431
yes.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.