[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /ck/ I'm looking to find meals that are healthy and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1467878092823.gif (2MB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1467878092823.gif
2MB, 250x187px
Hi /ck/

I'm looking to find meals that are healthy and also can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated/frozen. I tend to get a lot of vegetables (romaine, bell peppers, cucumbers, spinach, tomatoes), but as I live alone, I usually have to eat nothing but this to avoid wasting them as they are sold in pretty large packs. (yhey are cheap I know, but it makes me feel uncomfortable wasting food). Low calorie would be an advantage.

Any suggestions?
>>
Chana masala
>>
Almost any meal can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated.
>>
A nice goulash sounds exactly what you're looking for.
>>
Maybe you're not storing your vegetables correctly of you're throwing much of it away. Use air tight containers and/or get to know the veggie compartment in the bottom of your fridge.
I eat roughly the same vegetables and never have to throw any away. Meat and 3 veg every day.
>>
>>7924378

This looks great, thank you.

>>7924382

Thanks for the helpful reply.

>>7924383

This looks very tasty, I'll give this a shot.

>>7924399

You may be right, actually. I will get some better storage for my vegetables today. Didn't think of this, cheers.
>>
>>7924350
Check Gazpacho, its very low effort and in summer its insanely nice to have some i your freezer and some in your fridge for warm evenings or when you dont feel like cooking.
My gf packages vegetables in ziplock bags, portionsized, for green juice and freezes them, it works but im just not very into green juice.
Minnestrone is great if you have a lot of vegetables--> sweat vegetables in a large pot over medium heat, adding them to the pot in order of their cooking duration with a pinch of salt, cover with veg broth you make with the scraps of cleaning your veg, add some hearty stuff (chickpeas,borlotti beans etc), some light stuff (blanched peeled tomato), somethign to thicken (i.e.half a potatoe) and simmer til tender. finish with basil/pesto/parmegian and oliveoil.
I often do a huge pot, eat it 3-4 days straight because its delicious and freeze the other half
>>
>>7924453
ah and you can cook risotte/round rice directly in the soup for a heartier meal, it thickens the soup so it ends up with the consistency of a stew
>>
>>7924350
Pastas are perfect for making ahead of time but can be quite calorie-dense (dem carbs). You could try using more meat/veggies/sauce and less pasta, or maybe get one of those things that makes 'pasta' out of zucchini etc?

Soups and stews are usually cheap, healthy, easy and keep forever.

I posted this in another thread earlier today, but you can use up extra veggies near the end of their lifespan by making stock which you can use for heaps of stuff.

Other than that, maybe check out if there's any small groceries or farmer's markets where you can buy your salad veggies in smaller amounts? I tend to buy hardier veggies which last longer than the salad stuff which helps
>>
File: 1423525345960.jpg (23KB, 320x361px) Image search: [Google]
1423525345960.jpg
23KB, 320x361px
>>7924484
>can be quite calorie-dense (dem carbs)
>You could try using more meat/sauce and less pasta
OP said he's looking for something healthy. Carbs are healthy, meat is not.
>>
>>7924490
Huh?
>>
>>7924490
Sure buddy
>>
>>7924494
You're suggesting to replace pasta with meat and sauce. Pasta dishes can be unhealthy precisely because of what people put on them - meat, cheese, sauces high in sodium, sugar and fat - not because of the pasta. Populations with high intake of cooked starches like pasta and rice have excellent health, and of course these foods are more calorie-dense than vegetables since you're never going to get to 2500 calories eating just lettuce and zucchini. Sauces are liquid calories so there isn't even any comparison - according to this logic Coke is a good choice because it has about as many calories per 100g as a carrot.
>>
>>7924511
Meat is not unhealthy
Cheese is not unhealthy
Pasta is not unhealthy

Out of all the ingredients in a pasta dish, the pasta will be the most calorie-dense
>>
>>7924516
Very epik trole
>>
>>7924520
Wait, I'm confused. I thought I was the one getting trolled?
>>
>>7924524
Well you just said that meat and cheese are not unhealthy, which means you disagree with most of the major scientific expert organizations on the planet without blinking an eye. You also stated that pasta is the most calorie-dense in a "pasta dish" - if you include cheese, fish, ground beef or oil in that dish, then this would obviously be wrong. Also, you are somehow trying to imply the argument that low-calorie density somehow makes a food healthier and vice versa - which is completely false. So not only are your statements factually incorrect, they also do not constitute an argument or adequate response to what I wrote.
>>
>>7924531
Ah yes, I was right all along.
>>
OP dont listen to the carb-spewing neckbeard, if you can have a protein heavy dish (which is meat), then its healthier than having a carb-heavy dish. Meat has way more nutritional value and amino acids that no other but meat can replace. It also tends to have less calories.

If you workout then its a win-win.
>>
>>7925007
>if you can have a protein heavy dish (which is meat)
Nah, the healthiest protein sources are legumes/seeds and fish.

>then its healthier than having a carb-heavy dish
Not according to the wealth of research.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.