[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to try making rice in the microwave for the third time(no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: rice.jpg (92KB, 600x515px) Image search: [Google]
rice.jpg
92KB, 600x515px
Going to try making rice in the microwave for the third time(no stove)
>Attempt 1: Poured too much water and turned into disgusting rice gruel
>Attempt 2: poured too little water and/or microwaved it too long. Rice went back to it's original solid, crunchy form. Tried to salvage some of it, but ended u throwing it out in rage

I'm basically going to add 1 cup of rice w/ 1.5 cups of water and throw in some salt. Then I'll microwave for 5 mins, stir, and 3 mins. Not covering the bowl cause the lid blew off last time. I need whatever tips I can get before I start
>>
>>7923756
just buy a rice cooker m8, there are like 20 bucks and will bring you thousands of bowls of delicious rice
>>
>>7923765
It's 11:10pm, no one sells rice cookers at this time. Anyway,I only need to master this recipe once and I won't need rice cooker
>>
>>7923772

walmart does
>>
>>7923772
well you're never going to master it on a microwave
>>
>>7923756
it's really easy to do it on a stovetop anon

1:2 rice/water, wash rice, boil, put lid on when it gets to boiling point, turn dial to low enough to simmer, wait ~20 minutes until water is gone or wait until water is mostly gone and then remove from heat and let sit for like ten minutes.

steam cooks rice
>>
>>7923833
>(no stove)
>>
File: 20160727_234715-1.jpg (683KB, 2656x1883px) Image search: [Google]
20160727_234715-1.jpg
683KB, 2656x1883px
Alright /ck/ I'm back and here's the result. It's certainly edible this time. One thing to note is if you chew on each grain individually, you can feel a certain hardness at its core. I suppose that's because I didn't use enough water. But if you eat a spoonful you won't notice at all
>>
>>7923888
How much rice, how much water, and how long was it cooked for?
>>
>>7923868
Then there are two options.
1. Hot plate.
2. Par-cooked rice.
>>
>>7923894
1 cup rice, 1.5 cups water. 5 mins, stir, 2.5 mins, stir, 45 sec
>>
>>7923756
How about microwave rice cooker?
>>
>>7924435
The Japs go mad for these.
>>
About an inch of water over the rice and 20mins in the microwave works perfectly for me OP

I like my rice really sticky though so take that with a grain of salt (also with salt in the water)
>>
>>7923756
>Then I'll microwave for 5 mins, stir, and 3 mins.

That is far longer than it would take to make it on the stove.
>>
>>7924445
But make sure to put a plate underneath the container otherwise you end up with gunky congee all over the microwave
>>
>>7923756
Does your rice bag not come with microwave instructions? Mine usually do. I tired it once, and it was kind of shit, but it worked.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.