[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any way to get popcorn you pop at home to taste like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: popcorn.jpg (499KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
popcorn.jpg
499KB, 1920x1080px
Is there any way to get popcorn you pop at home to taste like it does at movie theaters or fairs? I'm not talking about the butter flavored oil, there's some quality about popcorn that's been popped in a machine that you can't get popping in a microwave.
>>
>>7918255

Sure. Just cook it in a thick pot on the stove.

Get a dutch oven or other thick heavy pot with a lid. Put a little oil in the bottom. Heat it up until the oil is just about smoking. Dump the corn it, slap the lid on.
>>
Flavacol and coconut oil.

https://www.amazon.com/Gold-Medal-Prod-Flavacol-Seasoning/dp/B004W8LT10

https://www.amazon.com/1-Jar-Colored-Coconut-Oil/dp/B00AU4N5D0
>>
I used to work at a movie theater and the majority of the popcorn that was made was put into giant plastic bags and kept in a closet for ~3 days. If a customer was lucky enough to be there when a new batch was popping they could ask for fresh popcorn. Provided they knew they can and should ask for it.
>>
>>7918255
we have homemade popcorn quite a lot when we watch movies on the weekends.

in a regular saucepan I put enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan. set it to the highest heat. I have an electric hob that goes from 1 to 6. I put it on 6. the corn kernels we've had before have come from tesco own brand (cheap,basic) and from M&S (kinda fancy) but results are always the same.

before the oil gets hot put in enough kernels to cover the Base of the pan and then pour in about two or three tablespoons of sugar. brown sugar or caster sugar seems to work better than granulated. put a lid on the pot and wait for the kernels to start popping.

keep and eye on it and take out any popped corn as necessary and shake the pan occasionally to keep the smaller kernels shuffled to the bottom.

even with cheap kernels the end result tastes like cinema Porcorum to me. add more or less sugar depending on your personal preference.
>>
>>7918255
There are appliances for popping popcorn you know....
>>
>>7918277
this tbqh
>>
Get a whirley popper, flavacol and orange dyed coconut oil made for popcorn. 3 tablespoons of the oil, 1 teaspoon flavacol, 1/2 cup kernels. Pop and stir. Pour into bowl. It's identical and what most theaters use to make theirs except their poppers stir for them
>>
>>7918255
if you are murikan you can get a galon of butter flavored oil wich is the shit they use
>>
>>7919613
Way to be a typical murikan and read the first sentence then assume you know what they mean
>>
>>7918277
>>7919567
I also recommend flavacol. That's the reason movie popcorn tastes the way it does. Popcorn is an American thing, so do it the American way and don't be prissy about it!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.