[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't be the only one who is constantly disappointed by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: hqdefault[1].jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
35KB, 480x360px
I can't be the only one who is constantly disappointed by store bought apple pastry products.

Have any of you ever made your own, how easy is it? I'm unemployed right now so might just make a shitload of apple turnovers.
>>
>>7915063
I haven't made the pastry from scratch, but I have made it using pre-made puff pastry or phyllo from the frozen section. Much better than the premade pastries. cheaper too.
>>
>>7915063
Get a job you lazy fuck.
>>
>>7915063
Get a job you lazy cuck.
>>
>>7915087
>>7915091
This thread is about apple puff treats, please do not derail it.
>>
>>7915104
How many job applications have you turned in this week? I'm willing to bet it's zero.
>>
>>7915104
Stop mooching and work!
>>
>>7915063
>store bought apple pastry products.
Always terrible. Why the fuck would you buy that? Either find a good bakery or make them yourself. It does require some time and skill, so resign yourself to fucking up the first few batches.
>>
>>7915063
Gregg's are delicious.
>>
>>7915063
They usually are dissapointing I find.
I've had the pastry stuff in a can that you unroll and spread the jam on. That's OK because it's essentially fresh and warm when it's done.
>>
>>7915108
>>7915116
Why would I have turned in even one job application? I am not a mooch, do not presume to know my situation. I came here to discuss turnovers, not be insulted.

>>7915118
I bought four earlier today because I was craving them. I don't buy them often but when I do I am always left disappointed and with sugary fingers.
>>
>>7915181
You eat 4 of them in one go? You're gonna get the beetus next week. I'm usually disappointed in them too though. The filling is more like preserves, when I'm always hoping it'll be more like apple pie.
>>
>>7915181
Stop being a leech and get a bloody job!
>>
>>7915231
Why should I, work is awful.
>>
>>7915245
To give your parents a break from supporting you, you dirty parasite.
>>
>>7915255
Ahh..mm...mm, no.
>>
File: chiocciola DSCF1907.jpg (140KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
chiocciola DSCF1907.jpg
140KB, 500x375px
I've made a few apple-based baked goods. Chiocciola di mele is a favourite, pic related.
It's a brioche dough rolled out flat, topped with lemon-flavoured pastry cream then pine nuts then sliced apples and rolled up into a long log, like when making sticky buns/cinnamon rolls/swiss roll.
Then, the log is itself rolled up into a nautilus/snail shell shape ('chiocciola' means 'snail') and baked.
10/10
Do highly recommend.
>>
>>7915245
>life is hard
Boo fucking hoo.
>>
I made this apple kuchen the other day, piss easy and delicious. Cheap as shit too.
>>
>>7915382
Hey

Hey pal

Go fuck yourself
>>
>>7915659
Sure, after I collect my paycheck. Feels nice to have a sense of self-worth.
>>
>>7915382
Nobody would work if it were optional.
>>
File: 1428203770093.jpg (61KB, 563x512px)
1428203770093.jpg
61KB, 563x512px
>wagecucks are angry that they have to preform soul-crushing labor for pennies on the dollar while I live comfortably off of my neetbux
>>
>>7915682
You should be a little thankful. Where do you think those neetbux come from?
>>
>>7915679
They would dedicate themselves to a purpose. Some people do that, and they call it a career.

Then the side benefit of everything that comes with being a productive member of society, such as being able to look at yourself in the mirror.

Then again, people don't have shame anymore. We as a culture seem to rubber stamp failure at life.
>>
>>7915672
I have self-worth. I am not in work temporarily, our of choice. It's great, you should try it when you get a chance. Maybe you'll find the time to get that stick out of your ass.

Now let's get back to the turnovers.
>>
>>7915692
>being able to look at yourself in the mirror
>people don't have shame anymore
I knew it. It's not really what you want, but neurotically worrying about how others perceive you. Gotta fit that mold.
Living on someone else's charity, be it family or state, is absolutely reprehensible of course, but after I'm no longer dependent on those I think that's the end of my duties and keeping up appearances to society and there's no convincing that I'd be wrong in that.
>>
>>7915063
Using storebought puff pastry is fast and easy, but so is being home half a day and folding "booking" your own buttery pastry dough out of the fridge every couple of hours to make another layer in it. Think of it as laundry day. Once the dough is made, it can stay tightly wrapped in plastic and again in a ziploc a couple of days to make impromptu treats. Use irish butter in my opinion.

Another pro reason to make your own apple turn-overs is using a tart apple and or kicking it up a notch with dried apples too. Read about what makes a truly remarkable apple pie filling.

I live near a lot of German bakeries, so I'm good with strudel and pastries like that. But, what I miss after leaving Miami are the amazing pastelitos from Cuban bakeries. Meat filled, guava and cheese, coconut, no one makes them as good as my old favorite bakeries. I haven't done more than a baked empanada though with extra olives (shortcrust, not flaky).
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.