[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just moved from my parents house to a new city for studying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: pasta.jpg (124KB, 614x409px) Image search: [Google]
pasta.jpg
124KB, 614x409px
So I just moved from my parents house to a new city for studying and I've been eating pasta and porridge for 4 days.

Does /ck/ have some good cheap recipes that are healthy for you?

Thanks in advance.
>>
What's your budget?
Do you have a car/walk to a grocery store or have to store items?
What do you to cook with? (Oven, range, grill, hotplate, toaster oven, microwave)
What type of food do you actually like? (Italian, TexMex, Asian etc..)
Do you have roommates that will contribute to food budget/eat together or is just you?

What are you studying? It's obviously not exposition.
>>
>>7914578
>Obviously not exposition
YA BURNT, OP

Get yourself a big ass bag of rice for starters. If your area has a bargain food store (like grocery outlet in the states) check out what kind of protein you can get for cheap there. Usually able to find family packs of chickrn breasts or thighs for $4 or less. You can bag them individually and freeze em. Make sure to do it quick though, as their meats are usually close to their expiry dates
>>
RICE
BEANS
CHICKEN
WHATEVER VEGGIE IS ON SEASON
>>
>>7914591
>>7914593

But how do I make rice and chicken tasty?
>>
>>7914620
Seasoning--cook the rice with herbs or with stock (bullion cube if you're going cheap)
Good technique helps on the chicken. Make sure you brown it. Browning = malliard reaction = tastes good.
>>
You mean recipes for pasta and porridge? All you have to do to make a healthy dish is combine these food groups:

- Grains, tubers, cereals and/or pseudograins (you have this one already!)
- Legumes, including leguminous vegetables like peas and green beans
- Fruits and vegetables
- Nuts and seeds
- Optional herbs and spices for taste

So you could do pasta with tomato (sauce), eggplant, zucchini, peas, walnuts. You can also do spinach or broccoli pasta of course. People also like to combine lentils and rice or rice and beans. You can do potatoes with cucumbers, peas and onions. Or you could just put a whole eggplant in the oven to roast and dump a can of chickpeas next to it. For porridge or oats you could add dried fruits, applesauce and nuts or seeds with some raw veggies to snack on. You don't need all categories for every meal obviously. You have to experiment a lot to find out which ingredients you prefer taste-wise. That is the joy of cooking for yourself and the key to healthy eating.
>>
>>7914632

I meant recipes in general, I already know how to make nutritious cheap pasta meals but it's getting pretty boring.

>>7914631

Bro, I know you need to brown meat to make it tasty, I'm not a complete novice.

>>7914578

I'm in med school.
>>
>>7914662
>I'm not a complete novice.

Then why are you asking questions as inane as "how to I make rice and chicken tasty"?
>>
>alright guys, spoonfeed me some stuff
>woah, wait, are you trying to spoonfeed me?
>heh, I'm a med student. I already know some shit.

what a shit thread, OP. go flip through a cookbook
>>
>>7914726

Because I don't know how to? Like what spices should I use? Should I marinate them? Do you have a good sauce that goes well with chicken?

>>7914737

Uhh... sorry if it made you insecure but I just answered a question.
>>
>>7914747
>>Like what spices should I use?
That's totally a matter of personal preference. It's like asking us what music you should listen to. A few suggestions for the chicken:
-lemon, thyme, and rosemary are classics
-you could go Asian and use red chili, ginger, garlic.
-You could go Italian: tomatoes, basil, garlic, oregano.
-You could go "BBQ" and use cumin, paprika, sugar.
-You could go Indian and marinde with yogurt, garam masala and/or curry powder...
...it's totally up to whatever you like.

>>Should I marinate them?
Again, that's a matter of personal preference. If you like marinades then go for it. Just make sure that if you do, wipe off the marinade from the chicken before you brown it. Damp meat won't brown properly.
>>
>>7914758

Thanks dude, you're hella cool.
>>
>>7914620

Coconut rice is based
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.