[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make the best pulled pork? Do you guys do anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: pulled pork.jpg (232KB, 485x330px) Image search: [Google]
pulled pork.jpg
232KB, 485x330px
How do I make the best pulled pork?

Do you guys do anything different with it or just put it on a bun with the standard stuff?
>>
Carnitas
>>
Carnitas, or Mexican pulled pork. Good for tacos, burritos, quesadillas, nachos and whatever else.

I rub the pork shoulder with salt, pepper, chili powder, lime juice and slow cook it with some beer.

After I shred it I add some more seasonings, to taste, then put the shreds under the broiler until a bit crispy.
>>
>>7909247
I never braise it. I just get an oven enamled crock pot, put in the pork roast after giving it the rub down and maybe letting it rest up to RT, then I put that fucker in the oven for a gorillian hours (usually 6-8 including broiling time after forking it) and take it out and make it fall apart for the afformentioned broiling. If theres too much liquid I usually reduce it all in a pan and then pour it back over the meat when I'm done browning that shit.
>>
>>7909247
Dry rub overnight, inject, smoke, pull.

Serve on rolls with bbq sauce and vinegar slaw.
>>
I cook it for 6 hours in a crock pot with some bbq sauce, onion, garlic, and a can of dr pepper
>>
>>7909247
How I make mine(temp. in C):

Brine butt for a couple days.

Rinse. Rinse. Dry. Apply dry rub.

Put in smoker preheated to 100

Smoke until internal temp is 70.

Remove butt and wrap in foil.

Turn smoker temp to 120.

No need for smoke after it's wrapped.

Heat until internal temp is 93.

Let rest until temp drops to 80 or lower.

Break it into a few large chunks.
Place in stand mixer with paddle attachment. Mix for a few seconds.
Pulled pork right quick.

Mix in sauce and reserved juices to taste.

I like my fresh pulled pork on corn tortillas, steamed buns, or just a baguette. Definitely need some pickled anything or slaw to go with it.
Day old cold pulled pork I like to shave a bit off with a fork and place it on a nacho with a bit of sauce, its like a pate.
>>
>>7909259
>>7909286
i've had stuff made with beer or rootbeer or whatever, and it tastes great
so howcome when i make it, using anything of that nature in my crock pot, the liquid just comes out tasting like burnt ass? the tastes like it's been completely caramelized to the point of blackening even though it hasnt at all, after only like 4 hours in the crock on low
>>
>>7909247
Oven made pulled pork with a home made BBQ sauce is a pretty good substitute if you don't want to smoke a whole butt.
>>
you cannot make it because you do not have a wood coal smoker.
>>
>>7909247
Best pulled pork sandwiches I had involved garlic butter bread, fancy coleslaw, cranberry sauce, and apple slices. Probably the best sandwich I have ever had in my life.
>>
>>7909247
Start by ordering a 20oz jar of The Best Barbecue Sauce You'll Ever TasteĀ© from thebestsauces.com.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.