[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started a Garde Manger position with no experience but since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: dsc_0024.jpg (3MB, 2848x4288px) Image search: [Google]
dsc_0024.jpg
3MB, 2848x4288px
Just started a Garde Manger position with no experience but since i haven't gotten fired yet and i've been there for 3 weeks now I guess i'm an "asset" to the restaurant. The owner chef of the restaurant just told me he was going to pay my first 29 hrs at 12/hr then 29 hr at 8/hr then 11 hrs at 10/hr then 2.5 hrs in cash at 10/hr to avoid paying me overtime. Should i quit I hate the job anyway but don't have another job lined up
>>
>>7905617
You should be jizzing in your pants to be getting paid that much to work cold side with no experience.

Keep your ears open and your mouth shut and you might just learn a trade.
>>
>>7905617
Fuck that if you were a real asset they would pay you like it

Tell em 15 an hour or you quit
>>
>>7905617
Do whatever you want, nobody here gives a shit. If you listen to advice of people who don't know you and don't give a shit, you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>7905647
i knew i'd get this comment whyd you even respond ass swipe
>>
>>7905617
>to avoid paying me overtime

tell them to fuck off
>>
>>7905660
I have a dream, that one day, retards can think for themselves. But I shouldn't force my dream on you.
>>
>>7905638
I understand where you're coming from but I take into consideration that I just left a job that paid 10.50 an hr with fixed hours and fairly easy compared to this. I don't find the food all that great and i know a lot of the shit he thinks i don't know from cooking at home. The only thing i've learned is that everyone who said don't be a chef is probably right
>>
>>7905662
This, fuck those scum bags
>>
>>7905678
If you have major problems with odd hours, modest pay and food that doesn't match up to what you think it should be then you need to leave the industry yesterday.

The fact that you've been given the position you have means that your chef sees some passion and potential in you. You need to take some time seriously think about the career you're entering.

Chefs don't get paid by the hour, it's an executive position and you are always on call.
>>
>>7905617
Line up another job and quit. You haven't worked enough hours in three weeks for overtime to be a consideration and you're averaging $10 per hour. Everything about this is sketch as hell.
>>
>>7905617
>garde manager

Fucking millenials

Your a salad boy get another job
>>
Literally illegal
>>
>>7905685
oh no what he saw was my passion for food but i have no passion for getting ass fucked
>>
>>7905694
no dude, its a 12 hr shift and we only serve from 5 to 10pm. I come in early off the clock and bake and prepare all the desserts including the home made ice cream and prep savory shit for my station and other peoples stations. I shuck like 40 oysters some nights and while i'm shucking oysters i keep getting orders to make
>>
>>7905617
Never quit a job till you have another job of equal or greater value lined up.
>>
>>7905755
actually I took the 10.50 hr job down to 2 days if i wanted to i could get my hrs back
>>
$10/hour is standard for an entry level cold side cook.

If you think things like overtime and getting all your pay on the books apply to the busniess you are deeply deluded.

A shift meal and a shift drink are absolutely mandatory though. And at least one 5 minute break every 4 hours when it's not slammed.
>>
File: IMG_0067.gif (63KB, 437x351px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0067.gif
63KB, 437x351px
>>7905745
Lol I had a job like this very recently. It was a waiting job at a "high tier" Italian restaurant and like you, I was brought in with no prior experience.

As a waiter I bussed tables, prepared salad, baked potatoes, garlic bread, soup, coffee, mixed drinks, prepared and poured wine, and washed FUCKING DISHES. This was for 3.25$ an hour (+tips obviously).

As an autist I made a few gaffs, however at no point did I make a serious mistake or took a wrong turn, doing as I was told. I was fired 2 weeks in because the greedy landwhale female owner didn't like my personality.

Holy shit fuck the food industry. My passion for food is staying in my own kitchen.
>>
>>7905850
Also hours were "When we want you in, when we let you go" for every day. Nope.
>>
File: 2014-garbage-plate.jpg (198KB, 1200x905px) Image search: [Google]
2014-garbage-plate.jpg
198KB, 1200x905px
>>7905617
if he's starting you out like that guess what i wont change up for you. theyre looking to work your ass for as little as it takes . average that shit out and ask for it if that makes you happy. he's looking basically like most owners to save buck on your expense. its also tax evasion on his part....its up to you and how bad you need it. if its a cool deal keep at it and mention it eventually down the line. if it doesnt pan out drop some grease on the mats and prat fall your ass to disability. nom sain
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.