[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone on /ck/ homebrew? I don't come here all the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: CarboyHomebrew[3].jpg (960KB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
CarboyHomebrew[3].jpg
960KB, 1944x2592px
Does anyone on /ck/ homebrew? I don't come here all the time, but I have never seen a homebrewing thread. If so, what are you guys working on?
>>
I make cider because its very simple. Apple/Pear combo
>>
/ck/ used to have homebrewing threads, but now it's become a /diy/ thing. I think the /ck/ regulars all became alcoholics and can no longer put in the effort.
>>
>>7901945
I've never made cider. Is it similar to mead in terms of simplicity? Mead is literally mix honey and water then pitch yeast, wait for slight autolysis, then age for fucking ever.

>>7901950
/diy/ is so dead, though. Are the homebrewing threads nice?
>>
>>7901945
Wouldn't that be as much perry as cider?
>>
>>7901939
I've got 6 gallons of red wine, 2 gallons of mead, 3.5 gallons of makkgeoli or whatever, and 1 gallon of chinese rice wine going.

Need to make a bigger batch of mead, and bottle the wine. Want to start a sour beer too but have been lazy lately.
>>
What's a good summer brew?
>>
>>7901939
Is dat sum jenkem??????
>>
>>7901964
Mostly apples Pear just cuts down on the tartness a bit, personal preference. My wife likes it with gingerale too.

>>7901956
The first few time I made it, it was super ghetto like that. I've graduated into doing it a little more professionally with precooking the apples on stovetop and putting the pears in steam trays.

Id like to add my own carbonation at some point but I just dont have the time.
>>
>>7901973
Try Jamil's Summer Bitter and tell me how it is.
>>
>>7901956

>Are the homebrewing threads nice

I homebrew, but honestly never go to /diy/, but from what I've heard they're good people, even if the board is a bit slow.
>>
Anyone care to explain the appeal of sake? I just had a cup of it and I failed to discern a single redeeming quality. It's like sour alcohol water
>>
>>7901994
grorious nippon
>>
>>7901939
There are a few of us. We have a few threads a year mostly. /diy/ also does homebrew if you're interested.
>>
>>7901939
is that jenkem?
>>
So if I want to brew a beer with some non citrus fruit flavor like that Hell or High Watermelon one, at what stage do I add the fruit?
>>
>>7901939
I made a cider using normal bread yeast and it turned out week, did a second fermentation too. Going to make apple jack out of it, but i dont even drink so i dont know why im doing it.

You cant make methanol from cider can you?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.