[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never owned a blender before, but I've been thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: how to not make oatmeal.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
how to not make oatmeal.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
I've never owned a blender before, but I've been thinking of doing shakes for breakfast.

Do you clean them every time? Do you have to do it right away? Is it annoying to clean? I feel like the blade would be the worst part, so many little parts.
>>
i just fill mine up with water and dish soap and blend it
>>
>>7894307
>Do you clean them every time?
Yes.

> Do you have to do it right away?
No, but like any other dirty dish it's easier to clean it right way than it is to wait and let the food dry out and stick.

>>Is it annoying to clean?
Depends a lot on the blender. Most blenders, especially the cheap ones, have the "jar" consisting of multiple separate parts. Those are harder to clean properly because you have to take them apart and then separately clean the base, gasket, jar, and blade assembly. The better blenders have the jar and blade assembly as one piece with nothing to take apart. Those are super easy to clean: rinse it out, then blend a little soapy water for a few seconds and then rinse it again. Or just drop the jar into the dishwasher.
>>
>>7894336
Do you have an example of one of the better blenders?

Does blending soapy water really clean it? Do you ever scrub them?
>>
>>7894362
>Do you have an example of one of the better blenders?

Blendtec, Vitamix

>>Does blending soapy water really clean it
Most of the time, yes. Though if you blend something really thick and sticky then you might need to do something more. Though I usually just put my blender jars in the dishwasher and let it do its thing.
>>
>>7894307
don't get a blender. get a personal smoothie machine like a Ninja or Magic Bullet. alot of lower end commercial blenders are absolute shit at crushing ice and will fuck up when trying to blitz frozen fruit like strawberries. good personal blenders like the ninja have a 1000w motor that can crush ice effortlessly. and you drink right out of the container you blend the smoothie in, so you only have to wash the blade attachment. super simple
>>
>>7894404

Why get one of those when it's so limiting due to the small jar?

A good blender like a vitamix or a blendtec will not only outperform the ninja, etc, anyway, but they're also useful for so many more things like making soups or sauces, or for making drinks for multiple people. Heck, I even use my blendtec to make ground meat. Yeah, the ninja works well for making smoothies, but why limit yourself to just that?
>>
I doubt that if you cant even be fucked to spend a minute washing up that you will go to the effort of making a smoothie every day.
>>
>>7894420
because OP fucking said he wants to make smoothies. best tool for the job.
>>
>>7894307
blenders are easy as shit to clean if you do it right away.
Add hot water & soap to blender.
hit blend
rinse
replace

maybe take it apart during the rinse and thats it.

as needed wash by hand. I usually hit all the nooks bi weekly. depending on what I'm cooking.
>>
>>7894454
personal smoothie makers are even EASIER to clean. unscrew blade cap from jug, run under running water for a few seconds. DONE
>>
>>7894307
>I've never owned a blender before, but I've been thinking of doing shakes for breakfast.
If you intend to crush ice for your smoothie/shake, you'll probably be disappointed with your first purchase if it is <$100. Just a warning to give it more time, and to prepare yourself for the grit size to be less even than what you think at the current price points. The motors in models post 1980 are almost always cheap chinese junk, and they are the majority of the market. Buy what you can afford and keep your eyes open for a thrift store discovery or save to upgrade later once you know you enjoy using it. Options to get around the inconsistent ability to crush ice is letting your fridge crush it first, and freezing your ingredients in ice cube trays first. Frozen coffee, frozen coconut milk, frozen yogurt, frozen bananas are creamier than thinning out these room temp ingredients with cold ice that melts. Buy frozen fruit in the bags at the grocery or make your own.
>Do you clean them every time? Do you have to do it right away? Is it annoying to clean? I feel like the blade would be the worst part, so many little parts.
I would only buy a model that has an unscrewing base where you can remove 2 more parts, the blade and rubber o-ring, for a full sterilizing step. It's only when you get parallel to the side of the blade that will you see where food can get caught. Another option is a personal sized blender with smoothie cup that is inverted on it (such as Oster).

A toothbrush is needed to brush that out where the two blades attach each other, if you let it dry in there. So, washing? It can be okay to fill up with water, drop of soap, whirl it on the motor base a minute, and rinse, then into a dish drainer to air dry if you are not doing dairy. You can also just fill it up and deal with it hours later, as this prevents the dried on gunk in the blade. But, you should give it a bleach rinse if you opt for letting it soak.
>>
>>7894461
How do you clean things without soap?
>>
File: NutriNinjaProAccessories.jpg (27KB, 600x376px) Image search: [Google]
NutriNinjaProAccessories.jpg
27KB, 600x376px
>>7894469
you don't need soap to clean off fruit, water a sponge and rag to dry it off is enough to get strawberry bits off
>>
>>7894469
>How do you clean things without soap?
He's saying he doesn't truly clean it, just rinses it of particles.

Most of the personal sized makers can go top rack dishwasher, so in a sense, you're using that soap which contains bleach + the steam step to sterilize it once you ensured there were no food particles trapped because you rinsed it first, right after use.
>>
>>7894404
I got the ninja, the blades wreck ice but it is never the same, they're like cut shards while the duller blender blades explode the ice. The texture of sharp ice is inferior and I'm saving for a magic bullet pro.

>>7894469
very hot water.
alcohol.
all kinds of other solvents.
>>
>>7894482
i never noticed this issue and i've owned both a magic bullet and ninja (the ninja replaced the bullet after it went tits up). are you talking about like snow cone ice consistency? i never make slushies so i wouldn't know. but for smoothies i just make sure there's enough liquid (milk and or some kind of juice) and my smoothies come out thick like milk shakes every time
>>
>>7894307
>Do you clean them every time? Do you have to do it right away? Is it annoying to clean? I feel like the blade would be the worst part, so many little parts.
No, No, Yes unless you clean it every time right away. Oh the blade is the worst part. I mean just look at all the little parts. Do your best anon and that's all that matters
>>
>>7894307
put some water+soap in the mixer after use, about half full, run for ~10 sec, its clean.
unless you made something extremely sticky
>>
>>7894307
Peaceful Cuisine is dope!
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.