[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever wash your can opener? I haven't washed mine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: alt can.jpg (9KB, 230x152px) Image search: [Google]
alt can.jpg
9KB, 230x152px
Do you ever wash your can opener?

I haven't washed mine for at least several years and I am fine.
Does the blade even come in contact with the foodstuff?
>>
File: can opener.jpg (84KB, 1280x982px) Image search: [Google]
can opener.jpg
84KB, 1280x982px
>>7890734

Yeah, I toss it in the dishwasher every couple of weeks as a matter of habit. Or if I see that it's dirty I'll wash it.

>>does the blade even come in contact
Depends on the type of can opener. Most of them do touch the contents of the can, but only barely

The old fashioned ones like pic related touch the food seriously.

The ones that open the can from the edge so that you can re-use the lid do not.
>>
I wash it when it becomes visibly grungy on the blades. I also oil the gears and sharpen the blades by running a piece of tinfoil back and forth through it several times.

I have a weird compulsion about simple tools working at maximum efficiency.
>>
>>7890748

Why do you think that running foil through it somehow sharpens the blades? You do realize that aluminum foil is softer than steel and therefore is incapable of sharpening it, right?
>>
>>7890747
And that hole on those old military can openers is so they can string them on a wire and boil them to clean them real quick.
>>
I clean mine. Usually it only needs a rinse anyway. If it gunks up, it's much harder to wash so might as well do it each time.
>>
>>7890734
oh look the retard is using a unitasker, what a hypocrite
>>
>>7890734
Never. Never cleaned my toaster or oven either.
>>
Not always. If the lid falls in and I have to use the end of the opener to dig it it out, I'll always wash it. I almost always wash it if I open a tin of chopped tomatoes, because they always seem to find a way onto the blade.
>>
>>7890959
also opens clamshell packaging.
>>
>>7890959
>>7891079
It can also be used for quick and easy circumcisions
>>
>>7891086
No, not really
>>
>>7890734
>Do you ever wash your can opener?
Yes. By virtue of the vacuum breaking in that initial puncture, it does come in contact with an initial burst of liquid.

If you have the kind that pierces the side of the lid, and then you pinch it off to break the seal, where you can set the lid back on? Then, you don't need to wash it. It never comes in contact with the food.

Handhelds go into the dishwasher just fine, so might as well sanitize them with bleach and hot steam.
>>
>>7890734
I give it a flash rinse after every use and check that no bits of paper or metal are visibly caught in it. So I've never "washed" it. Easier to just keep it clean.
>>
Usually just rinse it under the tap for a few seconds after using it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.