[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've tried making miso soup a few times now, but i can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: miso-soup-at-ten-ten-tei.jpg (235KB, 628x471px) Image search: [Google]
miso-soup-at-ten-ten-tei.jpg
235KB, 628x471px
I've tried making miso soup a few times now, but i can't get the cloudy effect that you get in restuarant miso soup, like pic related. Can anybody help me out?
>>
Cum
>>
>>7890595

I'm not sure how it's possible to fuck up miso soup, but here goes:

1) Make dashi. Most people use instant granules for this. Put it on the heat so it's hot but not actually boiling.

2) Add miso paste, whisk to combine.

3) Add other ingredients like cubed tofu, green onions, mushrooms, etc.

The "cloud" effect that you see in OP only happens after you let the soup sit and cool down for a while. The moment you stir it then the "cloud" will disappear, but if you let it sit again then it will re-form.
>>
>>7890600
Thanks
I wouldn't say its fucked up, like the taste is fine, but it doesn't look as good
>>
>>7890604

You like that cloudy look? To me it's a sign that the soup was sitting for a while before they served it to me.
>>
>>7890618
Call me a childish, but you have to admit it's a cool look. Good for impressing people who don't know what they're looking at at least
>>
>make miso soup
>let it sit for 5 minutes
>wa-la
It is fo-pa to serve something like that though.
>>
>>7890622
>but you have to admit it's a cool look

No, not really. To me it looks like it's starting to go bad. That's why I was surprised you like the cloudy look.
>>
File: 1401812492921.gif (186KB, 345x345px) Image search: [Google]
1401812492921.gif
186KB, 345x345px
>>7890629
well, to each their own
>>
Brownian motion
>>
>>7890644

Yep, I meant no insult, I was just surprised. If you want to create the cloud on purpose just let the soup sit for a while before you serve it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.