[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, I've asked this before, but didn't get a response.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Lobster-and-Shrimp-Pasta-Recipe.jpg (121KB, 640x500px) Image search: [Google]
Lobster-and-Shrimp-Pasta-Recipe.jpg
121KB, 640x500px
Okay, I've asked this before, but didn't get a response.

/ck/, is it normal for a cook to leave the tails on shrimp when cooking them for pasta, as in pic? It seems completely counter-intuitive and just makes the eater have to pull the tails off.

Am I missing something? Whenever I put shrimp in pasta, I always remove the tails. Is there some secret I'm missing?
>>
>>7877368
seefood, like chicken, is meant to be eaten with the hands... that's why you let the last segment from the tail.
>>
the tails add flavour to your dish
>>
>>7877368

>not eating the tails

What's the matter with you?
>>
>>7877420
this tbf familia
>>
>>7877390
This
>>7877420
This
>>7877778
And this
/bread
>>
>>7877368
That's for presentation purposes only

>>7877379
Jesus son learn some manners. What a pleb
>>
there's no point to them. but if you wanna keep em on do so. I just don't like the hardness of the tails either
>>
>>7877368
eat the tails you pussy
>>
>bbqing all the shells with some salt

fucking delicious

plebs are too scared of it though
>>
>>7877368
"Normal" is a matter of standards, and standards vary depending on where you are. To some any food that requires the least bit of struggle when eating is a non-starter, whereas in parts of Asia negotiating shells and bones is seen as part of the joy of eating.

It's a matter of knowing your audience much more than some sort of objective standard.
>>
Shrimp intestines are part of the tail. Intestines have poop.

ITT: People defending eating shrimp poop.
>>
File: 1440203854945.png (48KB, 400x389px) Image search: [Google]
1440203854945.png
48KB, 400x389px
>mussels in shells on pizza/poutine
>>
>>7877911
>That's for presentation purposes only
It indicates it wasn't processed low grade frozen stuff. Some people like the handle of the tail, and I guess it could somehow lend a little flavor like for stock. Just because the shell is there doesn't mean you have to pick it up if you don't want to. Just do a little more fork or knife work. Yes, it can make it tedious, but you'd be picking through there and cutting shrimp into more than one bite anyway.
>>
>>7879920
Yeah because shrimp 'poop' is comparable to a grown man's coil-snake dump.
>>
>>7877368
Very normal but I hate it.
I have to option of
-Getting my hands messy
or
-Leaving some meat in the tail

Unless I'm at some fancy place I'll use my hands, but it's so annoying.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.