[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long doe HOMEMADE pancake batter store in the fridge? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: pancakes.jpg (4KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
pancakes.jpg
4KB, 275x183px
How long doe HOMEMADE pancake batter store in the fridge?

I know the instant powdered stuff lasts for a long time, but I imagine that since you're using a real raw egg, the homemade stuff won't last nearly as long.
>>
File: IMG_20160206_130917.jpg (332KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160206_130917.jpg
332KB, 1024x768px
Why not just prepare the powders in a bag for storage, and when you want to make pancakes just crack some eggs into it. No reason to prepare batter in bulk for pancakes.
>>
>>7857184
Actually,
I'm now reading suggestions to just cook the entire batter, then reheat the pancakes.
Anyone ever done this?
>>
google questions like this, do not post them here. this is not a resource you use instead of google.
>>
Not long bro. Once the batter is mixed you're on a timer because of the chemical leavening going on.

Cook it all and then freaze the pancakes with a layer of wax paper or something between them. Reheat in the microwave or toaster.
>>
>>7857205
This.
If the recipe includes baking powder or baking soda, you can't really store it. you could store crepe batter in your fridge though. It'll last about as long as milk would in your fridge.
>>
>>7857198
Looks like I'll be doing this.
So in a bowl (after powders have been mixed), I just add an egg, then milk until I get the consistency I want right?

I've only made homemade pancakes once...
>>
>>7857220
This
The whole appeal behind pancakes is that you make them fresh. Freezing and then microwaving them will just leave you with sucky pancakes
>>
>>7857184
0 seconds
>>
>>7857184
The ones I make with buttermilk last a couple of days... The culture as it ages makes it taste pretty good over time
>>
File: IMAG0028.jpg (1MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0028.jpg
1MB, 3264x1840px
>>7857203
This.
>>7857184
dude, this is a anime picture forum for people with aspergers. learn to google or go to Reddit. No one here can actually cook, most of the pictures posted here are stolen from the internet, there is no OC on this entire board.
If you are seeking a place to talk about real cooking methods and recipes go to Reddit.
The cooking boards there are filled with people that can actually cook for themselves.

Boom! thread is dead
>>
>>7857203
>>7857253
Go fuck off back to your hivemind then, and quit ruining my boards
>>
>>7857266
yes
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.