[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My instincts tell me that I ought to be able to make something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
My instincts tell me that I ought to be able to make something pretty good with this. But I'm not sure how. Not pictured: loads more potatoes and onions, various spices. Will post results if some anon helps me out.
>>
>>7848415
Chilli of some description?
>>
Saute onion, garlic, peppers. Throw in cubed potato and lentils. Cover with water and cook until the lentils are done. Drain off any excess water and add you portobello sauce (?) and heat it all up together. Serve over rice.

You could probably cook it directly in the sauce, but I have no idea what it is.
>>
>>7848427
Some kind of chili/ curry/ stew probably, yeah.
>>
>>7848436
The jar says "mushroom pasta sauce with chunky diced tomatoes, basil, garlic & oregano"
>>
bean and rice hash.
>>
>>7848446

I'd water it down a little and cook everything directly in the sauce. Taste and adjust seasonings when it's done.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
3 tbsp oil
2 peppers
1 onion
3 cloves garlic
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>7848945
Now, add:
3 potatoes
250g of lentils
Jar of sauce
Water as needed
Packet of Goya sazón con azafran
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>7848955
Like 40 minutes later...wala!

This stuff is great. This brand of sauce is a bit sweet, but I can't complain.
>>
>>7848960

Glad it worked out, OP.

Neither the lentils nor potatoes were overcooked after 40 minutes?
>>
>>7848962
Potatoes are a little soft. Lentils seemed to take forever. I looked up how long to boil lentils and it said 20 minutes, but mine were crunchy long after that.

This huge pot of food has less than 2000 calories and cost less than 5 bucks. I'll stretch it out with rice and get a billion servings out of it too. Frugal is fun! :^)
>>
>>7848985

This is probably the first time I replied to a "what can I make with these ingredients" thread and the OP not only took my advice, but didn't also make a dozen terrible improvisations along the way that ruined the end result.

It's hard to go wrong with lentils and potatoes and vegetables, and onion and garlic, as long as you have a basic idea about how to season your food.
>>
>>7848996
:-* <3
>>
>>7848985
need to soak them tils or do them in a pressure cooker
>>
>>7848996
This looks like a good recipe, I might want to try it. Unfortunately I don't know much about seasoning. What kind of spices or seasonings could I add to this if it comes out a little bland for me?
>>
>>7849704
You could instantly make this a curry via adding curry powder/garam masala/cumin/tumeric at >>7848945
step
>>
>>7849667

Lentils are one of the few legumes that you can quickly cook from dry.

If anything I would have thrown the lentils in before cutting the potatoes, and then added those in, as they cook a bit faster.
>>
TWICE
BAKED
POTATOS
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.