[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I keep seeing all these videos where people fry foods and freeze

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: freeze cooking.png (260KB, 475x950px) Image search: [Google]
freeze cooking.png
260KB, 475x950px
I keep seeing all these videos where people fry foods and freeze them during prep.

I work at a local chain and I wonder if doing this for chicken would be good for efficiency (we could just freeze our stuff over night) and to cut the cost of making random amounts of our breading.

Is making your own frozen box food better or worse than the actual box food?
>>
>>7822320

They freeze liquid or soft food before frying so it doesn't fall apart you dumbass.
>>
>>7822337
I know why they do it... I'm asking if there is anything wrong with doing it? Does it make it soggy or anything if you freeze it too long?
>>
>>7822320
If you freeze certain things for too long, it may result in a frozen or uncooked middle after the outside is done cooking. How could you not foresee that?
>>
>>7822386
Okay so the only time I think we'd be able to do this would be over night. Someone would then come in the morning, take them out, thaw them a bit, and leave them in the refridge right?
>>
no, dont constantly freeze and thaw meat that youre serving to the public. chicken that comes in frozen has a glaze on it to protect it, and its filled with pump. dont be fucking cheap, and learn how to do portion control properly.
>>
>>7822320
shit that you buy frozen has been through a blast chiller that gets it frozen solid with minimal ice crystal formation, your normal freezer won't cut it.
>>
>>7822535
It doesn't come to us frozen - it is however refrigerated. And it's from Koch Brothers but I have no control over that so don't start.

>>7822540
We have an industrial one?
>>
>>7822387
No, it needs to hit the oil still frozen. If you want to do it with chicken, it would be best to keep the meat relatively thinly cut.
In the case of mozarella sticks, it's used because otherwise the inside would OVERcook before the outside is done. In my experience, fried chicken would have the opposite problem if any.
>>
>>7822535
nice proof faggot
>>
>>7822565
>it would be best to keep the meat relatively thinly cut.
We get chicken breasts in that we then prep by pounding. (idk the real term for that) We always try to have them as thin as possible so they cook faster.
>>
>>7822320
Any time you save from prep is lost in cook/thaw time.
>>
>>7822675
Not if it's done before we open or after we close.
>>
>>7822320
the timing would be hard. but it is doable with chicken.. I wouldnt listen to any of these fake ass cooks here bro, go to a better cooking forum where people actually cook, not this shithole because most of the posers here are idiots and dont know what theyre talking about. just take /ck/ as a joke and have fun dont apply it to actual cooking terms
>>
>>7822320
If you have liquid nitrogen then sure go ahead
>>
I used to work the fry station at a brewpub that had something like 40 different items that got deep fried, and we'd often prep stuff in big batches, put it in the freezer, and only take out what we needed.

That would usually be stuff like mozzarella sticks, jalapeno poppers, and whatever we'd be putting in wonton wrappers at the time. Nothing actually needed to be frozen in order to stay together in the fryer, but only a couple things needed to be thawed out in order to fully cook through.

Never did anything like chicken, and wouldn't really see the point. Controlling your proteins should be handled when ordering, and mostly used up before the next order. You'd also definitely need to thaw out chicken before cooking it, and it would most likely suffer in quality noticeably because of it. You're also going to have the fuckwad in the morning shift forget to take out portions for the dinner rush and will end up microwaving frozen chicken in the middle of the dinner rush to insure that it's fully cooked and not still frozen in the center, which sounds like a nightmare.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.