[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't ask that I gain the power of cooking well. I just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1300368878568.jpg (93KB, 510x640px) Image search: [Google]
1300368878568.jpg
93KB, 510x640px
I don't ask that I gain the power of cooking well. I just want to learn how to make an overeasy egg without cracking the yolk.
>>
File: 1466429689185.jpg (130KB, 600x847px) Image search: [Google]
1466429689185.jpg
130KB, 600x847px
>>7817385
patience, heat, and a non stick pan. a good spatula will help but you don't need a spectacular one. What are you cooking your egg on, and what heat are you using?
>>
>>7817517
A non-stick pan and high heat.
>>
>>7817805
>high heat
Found your problem. Turn that bitch down to medium. Patience my freind. 9 times out of 10 the more time u take cooking something the better it comes out
>>
>>7817385
When crack egg use a flatterer surface, not the edge of your pan. Americans always think you need to use something with an edge, but its more controlled on a flat surface like your countertop
>>
>>7817385
More butter my dude. Tablespoon per.
>>
>>7817805
Non-stick pan should never be on high. Its too hot for the coating, and the purpose of that kind of heat is to sear, which a pan of this style is not capable of.
>>
>>7817385
At what point is the yolk breaking? When you flip it?
>>
>>7817385

Get a super thin spatula. If you're using a plastic one, it's probably not thin enough. Get something metal.

Non-stick pan is super important. If it's coating is starting to go, get a new one, or use a different pan because that actually makes it even harder.

I generally use oil versus butter for an overeasy egg, but make sure you're only using enough to get a thin layer over the pan. Cooking sprays are also good for this.

Low to medium heat only. Make sure that the whites are well and truly set before you even attempt to flip. If you're unsure, wait a little bit longer.

Finally, practice. You're probably going to fuck up a lot of them before you can get them fairly consistently, and even after that you're still going to occasionally fuck it up because you're not paying attention and let it cook too long or fuck up the flip.

You'll get it though, anon. Keep at it.
>>
>>7818015
you are wrong (that a teflon pan can't sear) but you are right (that it's healthier to keep the heat on medium or lower)
>>
>>7818144
>get something metal.
don't listen to this fucking retard. never use metal on your non stick pan unless it's graded for that kind of material.
>>
>>7818375

The only reason not to use metal is if you're a fucking savage who is scratching at the coating like some sort of mongoloid fuck.

If you have even basic motor skills and don't happen to be suffering from Parkinson's disease, it's a non-issue.
>>
File: 1463876666677.png (527KB, 858x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1463876666677.png
527KB, 858x1000px
>>7818389
>I am fucking based and you're all plebs who aren't as good as my spatula skills
OP can't even flip a fucking egg, fuck off you poisonous piece of shit. your advice is terrible.

OP if you want a fancy spatula get a silicon coated one. There's never a reason to use metal on a teflon pan, ever. If you can't flip an egg in a teflon pan because of the spatula, the problem is your spatula is shit, not that it's not metal.
>>
File: Welll, I...hmmm.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
Welll, I...hmmm.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>7818402

>OP can't even flip a fucking egg,

This is a fair point...
>>
>>7817385
>not liking super runny yolks
over easy egg is shit why bother
>>
Practice
You're going to break a lot of yolks but you'll get better and eventually not fuck it up regularly with the proper tools
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.