[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who /ALDI/ here? There is a ton of grocery stores by my apartment,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: aldi_store1.jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
aldi_store1.jpg
30KB, 640x480px
who /ALDI/ here? There is a ton of grocery stores by my apartment, like whole foods, sprouts, and a walmart but ALDI is down the street and probably the best out of all of them.
>>
Greatest grocery store in the world senpai. Great fucking prices and as of a few years ago, most stores have a decent product section and some-what decent meat selection
>>
How's the produce? Meat counter?
>>
>>7725322
So, own-brand cheap shit, no special offers, not even the offer to bag your shit for you?
>>
>>7725352
>own-brand cheap shit
I don't even think it goes that far. It's mostly just knock offs of big brands.

I'm not even sure if Aldi's actually has own-brand.
If they do, I've not been paying attention.
>>
>>7725337
horrible and non existent. cheap though
>>
>>7725398
Here in germany they do, but the products are almost always made in the same factory as the brands. The biscuits are made by leibniz but are called something else
the crisps too
>>
>>7725398
Most of their knock offs are made in same factory as big brands with a different label.

Anyhow, who cares, the only thing that is lower in quality is processed food....and why the fuck would you be being processed food
>>
Very cheap, but I do get occasionally sketched out by their stuff from time to time.

>Bread is often squashed by the time it reaches the store
>Milk jugs leak
>Eggs frequently broken
>Biscuits/dough won't bake properly
>Dog-food grade ground beef
>Bananas don't ripen properly
>Extremely limited selections

I only recently started shopping there. I normally go cheapest brand possible when I visit grocery stores, but it turns out Aldi's is basically bottom of the barrel; go any cheaper and you're pushing the threshold of edibility.

I still love the place, but it's very clear why everything is so cheap there.
>>
>>7725420
Hey Germanbro . . . I used to work in a factory (as a maintenance engineer)

The same yoghurt in a Waitrose brand is 30% more expensive than an ASDA brand . .. .but it was EXACTLY the same product, made with EXACTLY the same ingredients, just different pots . . .. crazy eh?
>>
aldi in UK is great
aldi in denmark blows
>>
>>7725352
The names are silly, but overall the product isn't much different from the original
>>
aldi in the US (midwest specifically) is pretty nice since basically where i live is a step away from being a food desert
i dont trust a lot of the bread tho- most of its fuckin nasty and dry

if i had the money id at least buy my meat anywhere else
>>
always go over the border to shop there

good prices for stuff. stock up on bread and chips and dips
>>
>>7725541
Not that crazy, especially in Germany where industry is held to a high standard. If you have a plant that was designed to produce high quality products and you need to make some batches of a cheaper product of the same type, chances are there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to actively strive for a lower quality if you can afford to keep it high. It would most probably be more expensive and illogical to manipulate your existing plant in a way that would decrease the quality.

Basically the same reason why certain cars are available in more expensive "premium" versions which are basically exactly the same as the regular version, only with certain features electronically unlocked, like heated seats for example (which are still present in the cheaper versions but can't be used because the car is sold "without" them).
>>
Aldi is good for pantry staples like sugar, flour and the like. Meat is decent enough and the prices are good. Boneless lamb, which is $9 and up at other stores but only $6.49 at Aldi, chicken is 95ยข/lb and boneless pork "ribs" are $1.99/lb. Pork chops, too, are great quality for the price. The beef is shit. High price, low quality. It's absolute garbage. And the bacon is shit.

Fruit and veg is hit and miss. I won't buy potatoes or onions from Aldi as they seemingly go off faster than the same bought elsewhere, but other veg are on a case to case basis.

Packaged food, if you're into that, doesn't seem so bad, but I don't buy it regularly enough to speak firmly one way or the other.

If you're just starting out on your own, $50 at Aldi will stock your pantry with enough leftover for two weeks of meals, so long as you're not an overeating fatty.
>>
File: unnamed.png (95KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
95KB, 300x300px
shoprite is the best in every single way
>>
>>7725322
Went there years back and was awful. Crackers were stale out of the box. Canned soup smelled foul as I cooked it.

It's my go-to store, now. Meat selection isn't great and I get my produce elsewhere. Other than that, the quality has greatly improved.
>>
>>7725322
My preferred place to shop. Usually the cheapest milk and eggs around and their canned & boxed foods are usually as good as the name brands for a better price. The produce can be a bit sketchy at times but I've done all right with their meat. Even their steaks are pretty good, although I'd rather they packaged them like they do their other meat. Overall, I'm glad they're in the area.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.