[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what exactly is bad for you in energy drinks? I get the sugar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

So what exactly is bad for you in energy drinks? I get the sugar free ones, but there's a shit ton of "ingredients" that I can't pronounce which I assume is bad. Also, I noticed it says one can has like 600% of my daily B12 or some shit, which I also assume is bad.
>>
>>7684776

worst thing is the caffeine.

you just piss out the extra b vitamins.
>>
>>7684776
>which i assume is bad
That's because you're a dumb motherfucker. They're perfectly safe. B12 is a scam because no one is b12 deficient unless they can't absorb it so it wouldn't help anyway, you just piss it out. Everything is chemicals and just because you can't read basic phonetically spelled nomenclature doesn't mean the evil corporashuns are trying to kill you.
>>
>>7684776
caffeine bad in excessive amounts (like any chemical/drug)
sweetener bad
b12 bad in certain people's reactions, or could be okay and you'll just piss out the excess in a fluorescent stream
trace chemicals may or may not be bad
paying a shitload for caffeine sugar water is the most retarded thing
>>
>>7684781
Sugar is the worst.
Caffeine is a close second.
>>
>>7684797

>$1.50
>a shitload

the hipster coffee shop is going to sell you less caffeine for more $ and cold energy drinks are nicer on a hot day/when doing manual labor than a hot cup of coffee.
>>
>>7684781
>>7684797
>>7684804

What's bad about caffeine?
>>
>>7684807

Research suggests that drinking four cups of coffee a day may increase the risk of early death -Mayo Clinic

cardiovascular disease is one of the leading causes of death and making your heart work harder all the time is obviously going to put more mileage on it
>>
>>7684807
It's an addictive stimulant that, like any other psychoactive substance, must be used in moderation. Also the small subsection of the population that has negative reactions to the chemical.

This is coming from a drug addict, by the way.
>>
>>7684807
I've been addicted to it for over a decade. You can't think properly when under the effect of caffeine. Gives you brain fog and shits on your short term memory.

Not to mention the cramps.
>>
>>7684815
Research suggests literally everything if you're not smart enough to interpret results
>>
They make babbies think like they're superman.
>>
>>7684831

Study of 43,727 men and women younger than 55 over 20 years found that excessive coffee consumption (28+ cups a week) had over a 50% correlation to early deaths.

pretty strong evidence to me... think whatever you want though. everything is bad in excess.
>>
>>7684880
>correlation!=causation
So no other factors than early death and coffee consumption were measured? Great point there friendo.
>>
>>7684890

they tracked everything. there was also a correlation between heavy coffee consumption and smoking.

apparently faggots with no willpower and substance abuse problems tend to overuse everything and tend to die much younger and live poorer quality lives...
>>
>>7684880
I just searched "caffeine health" and didn't find what your study"
>>
>>7684897
Pretty much confirms what I said there. Probably a lot more smoking, drinking, money spending and other vices where the root cause is lack of impulse control, not coffee.

(not to mention lack of citation)
>>
>>7684880
>1 uncontrolled observational study = fact

Nice try buddy
>>
>>7684914

caffeine raises blood pressure and heart rate. excessive caffeine is bad. too much caffeine literally causes an overdose and kills you.

none of these things are controversial. all of these things are fact.

moderate caffeine usage is probably fine

excessive caffeine usage is probably bad

drinking 4 energy drinks a day is probably really bad

do whatever the fuck you want though
>>
>>7684880

Who the fuck drinks 4 cups of coffee a day?

Anyway, a medium coffee from Tim Horton's (Canadian) has like 200+ mg of caffeine and 1 can of monster has like 180mg of caffeine. So if I'm only drinking 1 of these a day, compared to 4*200mg coffees a day, is that considered moderate usage?
>>
>>7685147

caffeine in a 6-8 oz cup of coffee is ~95 mg. it would only take 2x tim hortons or energy drinks a day to hit the 4x a day threshold of the study that was deemed increased risk.
>>
>>7685147
>Who the fuck drinks 4 cups of coffee a day?
Future CEOs, my unambitious friend.
>>
>>7684923
Shut the fuck up faggot
>>
>>7684880
On the other hand coffee drinking reduces your risk of cancer. I'd rather die suddenly of heart disease over cancer.
>>
>>7685173

yep the study even mentions the benefits of anti oxidants in coffee

its definitely not black and white but generally too much of a good thing is a bad thing
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.