[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /ck/, I recently got some sirloin steak for free from a friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: ts022.jpg (28KB, 390x250px) Image search: [Google]
ts022.jpg
28KB, 390x250px
Hey /ck/, I recently got some sirloin steak for free from a friend and I've never had or made any before. Any tips on preparing it?
>>
>>7633714
You have to tenderize it first, use those skills of being a power bottom to smash it good using your ass. Then just boil the damn thing for all I care.
>>
Watch the Gordon Ramsey video, wa-la.
>>
>>7633722
Why you gotta be so cruel, anon?
>>
sous vide
>>
>>7633755

mmmm plastic juices, love me some petroleum by-products on and in my meat, yummy.

fuck off eurofags. You wouldn't be boiling shit in bags if BBQ's were legal there.
>>
>>7633714

I tend to leave it out for a couple of hours before hand to get up to room temperature, season it with a bit of sea salt on both sides, then put the frying pan on a medium - high heat and cook until it is medium.
>>
>>7633837
They outlawed guns, not barbecue you fruitalicious fuccboi
>>
Take a saucepan and fill it with just enough water to cover the steak. Simmer it on med-high for about 20-30 mins.

wobbuffet
>>
Let come up to room temp.

Pat steak dry with paper towels.

Rub both sides of steak with salt.

Put cast iron in oven at 550, give it a good half hour to heat up, salt is working it's magic on the steak during this time.

Slap steak into cast iron, leave in oven.

Wait two minutes. Pull out a couple tablespoons of butter, smash a couple cloves of garlic while waiting.

Open oven, flip steak with tongs.

Wait three minutes. Slice a small onion or half a large onion while waiting, put a large plate in sink with hot water running on it.

Turn off oven, remove pan from oven. Remove plate from sink, dry it.

Remove steak from pan, put steak on hot plate.

Toss butter and onions in hot pan, stir with wooden spoon, scraping the bottom to get the meaty goodness up, but not so hard you ruin your pan's seasoning.

When the water from the butter has finished boiling off and the onions are starting to get translucent toss in the garlic and keep pushing stuff around till it is a nice brown but not totally mushed.

Pour awesome sauce on top of or next to the steak depending on preference.

Spend a couple minutes finishing up whatever sides you have going to give the steak a bit more resting time.

Eat.
>>
>>7633714

>sirloin steak for free

You're sure it's steak, right, and not from the thigh of a missing person?
>>
>>7633714
Throw that garbage away and get real food like tofu. Humans were literally never meant to eat meat but the meat industry had brainwashed you into believing fat and protein are essential for you when they really are toxic to you and cause cancer 90% of the time.
>>
>>7635740
>>
>>7634609
Shouldn't you season a steak after cooking, so that the salt doesn't take away any of it's liquid?
>>
>>7633722
Rude
>>
>>7636214
No you salt either right before it hits the pan or at least a half hour before cooking.

The salt draws liquid out of the meat for about 10-20 minutes, then something happens and it starts drawing the juices back in.

You can watch it happen, salt a steak and put it on a plate large enough for it to lay flat, but not so big the juices can run away from it. Then lift it up at an edge and look under it every few minutes.

Maximum juice underneath it will happen around 10-15 minutes in, then it will start sponging it back up.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.