[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /ck/, I'm an unmotivated faggot living together with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_20160423_132144.jpg (2MB, 3286x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160423_132144.jpg
2MB, 3286x2432px
Hello /ck/, I'm an unmotivated faggot living together with his mom in a small apartment (we live in Asia) and I leave most of the cooking to her. 22 year old and I still can't cook for shit.
>pic related, it's my microwaved lunch I finished half an hour ago. It was absolutely shit.

I want to start learning to cook. Where should I start? I don't want those fancy meals I just want to be able to cook for myself, and eat healthily. Any tips are welcome and if you do have similar beginner's learning experience please share because I find that to be very helpful.

Also be aware that mine is a very poor household so all the cooking utensils and cookwares we have include a two rice cookers, an electric stove that we (my mom) do most of the cooking on, a microwave oven, pans and pots and other general stuff. Not a lot to work with I know, but the upside is that we live near a food market (if you've ever come to Asia you know what it's like) so there's no shortage of fresh and cheap ingredients, especially veggies.

I will post more details if necessary so ask away, I appreciate any and all kinds of support. Thanks.
>>
>>7600409
Where in Asia?
>>
>>7600427
Northen Vietnam, near central Hanoi
>>
I got my first cooking lessons from my parents (was younger and didn't really talk to anyone on the interwebs). Since you live with your mom, I'm assuming she cooks at least every now and then, or at least she knows how to cook

Why not start with that? I think that if you start with stuff suggested here it'll be food that's not very typical for Vietnam. Local food works best for the locals usually so...

Just ask/tell your mom dude.

Anyway, easiest things to start with are eggs (scrambled, omelettes) and stuff with chicken
>>
Just start by finding simple recipes that only require you to fry some things and cook rice/noodles.

If you manage that, move on to more complicated stuff and improvising new things.
>>
>>7600435
Are you Vietnamese?
>>
>>7600435
Why not start with making some basic "street-food". Grilled pork and pickled veggies in a baguette (I can't remember the Vietnamese word for this), grilled meat skewers, things like that.
>>
>>7600467
Banh mi?
>>
>>7600471
>Banh mi
Isn't that just bread though? If you're OP you'd obviously know more than I do
>>
I was in the same situation years ago. I asked my mother to teach me. I started by mastering the fundamentals (cooking steaks for example) until I knew enough to be able to experiment. It's like Taekwondo, it's better to practice the most common kick a thousand times than a dozen kicks a few times. After that you can move on to the rest.

First of all make sure your mom teaches you what we knows. Then you can simply start following recipes online from blogs. You can also get PDFs of cooking books on Library Genesis.

Unfortunately I mostly used books I'm French so I can't give you any useful recommendations.
>>
Also if you are in Nam you should start with the wok, it will probably be easier
>>
>>7600456
Yes

>>7600467
I think you're referring to Vietnamese bread? The kind of cooking I want to learn is the kind of meal you eat everyday, though. Granted one could totally survive on breads if they want to, but it's not very healthy. I'm thinking rice and simple side dishes.

>>7600449
I considered learning from my mom but she's far from a very good cook or a good teacher.
>>
>>7600480
>I started by mastering the fundamentals (cooking steaks for example)
Wait,... so you're telling me cooking steaks is fundamental? I thought it's pretty hard.

But you're right. I probably just need practice. I guess I'll just go with the basics of the basics for now. I can't handle full meals yet but I can do simple dishes and they're actually edible, I think.

I don't touch books much nowadays so that would be a rather foreign experience. What do you think of mobile apps?
>>
File: HEPJan2015-1024x808.jpg (149KB, 1024x808px) Image search: [Google]
HEPJan2015-1024x808.jpg
149KB, 1024x808px
>>7600409
>>7600435
>>7600550
Nau an de vl. Lên youtube ma xem thieu gì.
>>
Did you and your mom move back to Viet Nam or something? Why?
>>
>>7600559
>Cooking is easy as fuck, just watch youtube videos
Don't be a faggot. If I wanted to watch some youtube videos that I can barely pay attention to or read some recipes on the 'net with no social engagement whatsoever I wouldn't be here. And how come you're speaking vietnamese to me here on 4chan if you know English?

>>7600560
We have always lived in Vietnam. What do you mean by Why? If you're asking about why I only started to look into learning to cook now, it's because of some family circumstances that lead to an unstable lifestyle and things have only started to settle down a bit for us, so I wasn't really in a condition to learn many things productive before.
>>
Cool OP, I was born in Xuyen Moc. That place is based as fuck.

Aren't there local cooking classes in Hanoi?
>>
>>7600576
There probably are, but like I said we're a poor household and I am not exactly aiming for fancy meals, just simple meals. I want people with similar learning experience to share about when they started out.
Do you know any simple dish that can be completed within 30min yet still delish?
>>
File: 1460329066597.jpg (7KB, 378x378px) Image search: [Google]
1460329066597.jpg
7KB, 378x378px
>>7600435
>live in Vietnam
>haven't felt a desire to learn to cook until now
>>
>>7600567
Dm thg ngu nay. May nghi may học đc cái lồn gì ở đây? Other than shit posting? Thích nau cái lồn gì thi len Google với YouTube mà search. Còn neu đầu toan cứt xem cái clip 5fut cũng đeo làm đc thì ra ngoài mà ăn cơm bụi.
>>
>>7600581
>being this retarded
lost cause.
>>
>>7600582
>refuse to do any research or watch cooking videos from professional chefs
>i'd rather get help from my friends on 4chan
Good luck desu senpai
>>
>>7600578
Bun thit nuong all fucking day.
>>
>>7600598
>Any tips are welcome and if you do have similar beginner's learning experience please share because I find that to be very helpful.
Perhaps I should've emphasized more on that "sharing experience" part.
Faggots misunderstanding the thread or lacking a general ability to read and comprehend are everywhere.
>>
>>7600598
>non-fancy meals
>let's start by watching videos of professional chefs performing feats of awesome cookery
>>
File: r.jpg (1MB, 4667x3101px) Image search: [Google]
r.jpg
1MB, 4667x3101px
>>7600604
This thing right?
You have me convinced.
>>
>>7600608
>Perhaps I should've emphasized more on that "sharing experience" part.

Here was my experience learning how to cook

I read recipes and watched youtube videos

Shocking, I know. I first thought I'd make a stupid fucking topic on 4chan and all the collective knowledge would just pour into my brain, then I stopped being a fucking retard and found a better way

I giess the French really were fighting a lost cause trying to civilize you lot
>>
You have two rice cookers, that's all you need to make stews and rice (at the same time!).

Stews are probably the easiest thing in the world to make. Add whatever vegetables you have (holy trinity [carrots+celery+onions are usually best), meat and seasonings, and then water. Let it cook for a few hours and you have yourself a delicious and nutritious meal without actually working too hard (just chopping veggies).
>>
>>7600771
Says the nigger. What the fuck you gotta learn how to cook for? The white man don't feed you enough KFC and watermelon?
>>
>>7600771
To be fair, it wasn't a "stupid fucking topic" until a sexually frustrated giant cunt such as yourself came along.
>>7600791
You tell him, mah nigga.

>>7600777
This is actually pretty helpful.
>>
Step1: get a cast iron pan
Ya aint gonna be cooking anything worthwhile without cast iron or carbon steel.
>>
>>7600567
>Don't be a faggot. If I wanted to watch some youtube videos that I can barely pay attention to or read some recipes on the 'net with no social engagement whatsoever I wouldn't be here

You sound like a unmotivated, self entitled faggot

Kill yourself
>>
>>7600886
Op, do not listen to this guy, americlaps only eat hamburgers and pork chops so they think a cast iron pan is the best cookware for everyone
>>
>>7600886
Biết thì thưa thốt đéo biết thì tựa cột mà nghe con nhé.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.