[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey all, first time posting here. I've been scavenging the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: madame_jeanette.jpg (19KB, 300x265px) Image search: [Google]
madame_jeanette.jpg
19KB, 300x265px
Hey all, first time posting here. I've been scavenging the internet for madame jeanette (pic related) recipes but to no avail.

I was wondering if you guys have any hot/spicy pepper recipes you'd like to share. Chilli's are good too.
>>
Why don't you grow peppers that people actually use
>>
>>7588207
Already on it. Just bell peppers and chilly peppers.

I was thinking of making a sandwich spread with chicken, mango and madame jeanette but it seems incomplete somehow.
>>
>>7588197
Those taste very similar to habaneros so any recipe calling for habs will work great.

IMHO the citrusy sort of taste works best paired with fish or pork. If you want to make sauces or salsas then go with fruit-based types.

>>7588207
They're a very common pepper, just not in your little corner of flyoverland.
>>
>>7588197
Not sure what those type of peppers are like. But pepper jellies are pretty awesome in my own opinion. Easy to do and cheap. U can probably make a couple bucks selling it to friends.
>>
Try googling some recipes from Suriname, they use a lot of those peppers!
>>
>>7588220
I'm liking this idea, though I'd go with jam over jelly. I can buy these things by the pound for some reason.

I'm also thinking sambal/hot sauce.
>>
Bump for more chilli recipes, if /ck/ has any. This did seem to be the best board to ask.
>>
>>7588291
Sure, I can share a couple recipes. I do this with Habaneros and Fatallis, so it should work great with these peppers too.

Salsa:
Remove seeds from the chilis and chop fine. Chop mango. Combine the mango, chilis, a pinch of salt, a small dash of neutral flavored oil, and a little dry white wine. Simmer until the mango is cooked. Leave it as-is for a chunky sauce or puree it for a pourable consistency.

Sweet-and-sour:
Cut up one fresh pineapple and add the flesh to a saucepan. Add 2-3 peppers (seeded) depending on how hot you want it. 4-5 heaping tablespoons of sugar, the juice from 3 oranges (ideally blood oranges), and 2-3 tb of rice vinegar. 1/2 tsp chinese 5-spice. Simmer. Puree. Add soy sauce to taste to get the right balance of saltiness.
>>
>>7588307

leave the seeds in if you aren't a pussy. all the flavor/heat is in the seeds. no point of using a spicy pepper and then trying to make it less spicy.

mango + hab is really nice pairing though i do recommend
>>
>>7588330

The hot part is not the seeds themselves, but rather the white pithy membrane that the seeds are attached to. The other flavor (beyond "hot") is throughout the pepper.

The reason I suggested cleaning the peppers is because by removing the seeds and using more peppers you get more of the pepper flavor.

For example, one pepper with seeds left in might be roughly equal hotness to two peppers without the seeds. But the latter will be more flavorful.
>>
File: green_peppers.png (452KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
green_peppers.png
452KB, 420x420px
Speaking of peppers, I've got a jar of these (closest image to what I have that I could find). I have the rumblies and want to make a quick and easy snack out of these without just eating them as they are.

Basically pickled green peppers. Adding cream or cheese would ruin them probably.
>>
I just slice and soak my peppers in olive oil and tons of basil and rosemary.

Or i just buy some tobasco base and throw em in the food processer with the base, microwaved onion, carrot chunks, vinegar and a roma tomato.
>>
>>7588413
Die zijn fucking lekker met roomkaas er in
>>
>>7588510
Google translate suggested you suggested adding cheese? Cheese gets rid of the spiciness though.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.