[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to be making rack of lamb this weekend, I need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 2010_cover_lamb_racks_3.jpg (139KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
2010_cover_lamb_racks_3.jpg
139KB, 680x680px
I'm going to be making rack of lamb this weekend, I need to come up with a dairy-free complement to pair with it

any ideas?
>>
>>7583380
Mint jelly, obviously
>>
>>7583380
What kind of complement? Wine, an appetizer, a side?
>>
>>7583386
a side or sauce

>>7583384
my first thought was a mint salsa verde with a pinch of crushed altoids mixed in to intensify the coolness, but I'm realizing I don't know what flavors to mix into that besides mint
>>
>>7583391
savory components
pair seasonings you'd use on the lamb with stuff in the sauce
also google is a better resource than /ck/, especially at 2 in the morning
>>
>>7583406
so, what? cinnamon, cumin, tomatoes, garlic, onions, shit like that?

The first three seem like they would have potential but the rest make me a bit wary
>>
>>7583391

Make pilav.
>>
>>7583417
muhammara, baba ghanouj, hummus, pita
>>
You have a lot of options!

For a side the most obvious choice would be a starch. Mashed or roasted potatoes, couscous, saffron rice would all be fine choices.

I would also recommend vegetables or salad. For lamb tomatoes and cucumbers with mint is always a winner. Or a roasted squash medley. Tasty!

For sauce if you need to avoid dairy I'd go with a rich reduction. For instance onions and Marsala. Or shallots and beef broth. A rich brown sauce to accent the lamb!
>>
>>7583448

Hmm... Roasted tomatoes stuffed with rice, or roasted tomatoes stuffed with mint, cucumber, bread crumbs and diced roasted tomato?
>>
Rosemary potatoes, maybe some ratatouille.
>>
File: goy.png (414KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
goy.png
414KB, 800x820px
>>7583380
>dairy-free complement
J E W
>>
>>7583521
You have a suspiciously detailed knowledge of jewish dietary practices for an antisemite.

>>7583509
Rosmary potatoes are too simple and lack meaningful flavor. Adding anything else besides seasoning and fat causes it to cease being simply roesmary potates
>>
>>7583558
Not him, but the whole "know your enemy" thing might be on his mind.
>>
>>7583579
>>7583558
It's the end of Passover Goyem
>>
My fave sides for lamb are white kidney beans in olive oil, tomato, garlic and rosemary and spinach sauteed with garlic in olive oil.
>>
>>7583380
Not enough information.
>>
>>7584346
Unless it's for a light meal or a multi-course one, where's your starch?
>>
>>7584350
I'd serve a meal like that with bread at the table, and a bottle of red Bordeaux.
>>
spaetzle with onions or maybe a veggie and or bean medley. but i am curious how you will cook them for my own account
>>
>>7583380
Potatoes, vegetables.
>>
>>7583380
Why care if it's dairy free?

You're eating meat which is unethical as it is, and unhealthy

Might as well some Kraft singles on it you fucking cock
>>
>>7586177
great post friend
>>
>>7586177
Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 an 8 out of 8.
>>
>>7586177
> what is lactose intolerance
>>
File: imgres.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
>>7586177

While other folks, such as:
>>7586241
>>7586258
>>7586406
are clearly being sarcastic....

I wanted to stop in and actually, unsarcastically, congratulate you on an amazing post sir.

Amazing.

Congratulations.

Welcome aboard, we all hope you stay a long time.
>>
>>7583380
moroccan chickpea and couscous salad
>>
The usual go-to is mint-and-rosemary-and-honey isn't it? If anything, something dairy is unusual for lamb because of its gamey flavour.

>jew jew jew
Uh, most Jewish people do NOT have lamb on passover because they're waiting for their Saviour to come since the diaspora. The traditional actual passover meal is beef brisket.
>>
>>7583391
Oh fuck, didn't you make a thread a few days ago with this altoid bullshit?
>>
>>7583391
>with a pinch of crushed altoids mixed in to intensify the coolness

oh god it's the "altoids are anti-pepper" autist
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.