[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fucked up, coo/ck/s. How do you get really burned food off

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (100KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 600x600px
I fucked up, coo/ck/s.

How do you get really burned food off of the bottom of a stainless steel pot?

I'm trying the baking soda and water boiling trick for the third time. It's only working a little bit.

If it matters, I was browning chunks of stew beef dredged in flour, salt, pepper, and paprika in a few tablespoons of unsalted butter. Like six pounds of beef chunks. So there's a lot of hardened flour there. The reason for the large quantity was stocking a friend's freezer because they're going through a rough time. The carbonnade turned out beautifully, but my largest pot is a crime scene.
>>
I got you covered, bro. Use 1 part vinegar, 1 part bleach and 8 parts water. Soak for eight hours. Afterward, remove pan from solution and place it in the trash.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>7579358
I was excited until "place pan in trash" became words you used.

Will wait on other responses. I pay tribute for the board's expertise with pictures of my cat.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>
>>7579371
I said that from much experience. I'd rather toss a pan than spend hours scrubbing and most likely failing.
>>
>>7579353
Are you scrubbing with steel wool? If not you're wasting your time. That shit is the only way to clean metal effectively.
>>
>>7579375
>>7579371
Cat!

>>7579353
Never heard of any sort of baking soda thing. But perhaps you should try vinegar?

Otherwise bet a brillo pad or some steel wool and put your back into it and polish that shit out.
>>
>>7579353
A little semen on the stain usually does the trick.
>>
>>7579386
this+ a solvant (lemon juice/vinegar/bleach/ammonia/salt) or get brillo pads if u wanna spend more money and save effort
>>
>>7579353

Vinegar and baking soda doesn't do much except fizzle.

I assume the flour is preventing detergent or the baking soda to get at the fat bonding it together. Sufficiently strong acid would handle both at the same time, but not great for the pan.

Does it have steel handles? If so you can try slagging the residue in the oven (highest temperature, or cleaning cycle if it has it).
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>7579382
Ah, sorry. I didn't think the chemical reaction you suggested would be unecessarily destructive, but your words gave me pause.

I'm poor, so I'd rather put in the effort.

To everyone else: I didn't want to scratch the shit out of the pot, thus the consistent adherence to boiling attempts.

I'll try bleach and vinegar next, and let you all know how it goes.
>>
>>7579425
>To everyone else: I didn't want to scratch the shit out of the pot, thus the consistent adherence to boiling attempts.

Well then looks like you dug your own grave. Get serious or get fucked.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>7579413
It does have metal handles!

For how long would you suggest I do this, and what should I put in the pot during the process?
>>
>>7579353

I did this recently, I burnt a bunch of milk onto the bottom of a pot. Baking soda, vinegar, water, brought to a simmer. It will fizz up a lot as baking soda does, but that'll wear off. If it starts to fizz up too much for your pot, life it off the heat until it calms down. Preferably before it boils over. After about 5 minutes start lightly scraping the bottom with something either wood or nylon so you don't damage it.
>>
>>7579353
dish soap and let it set for a day or two
>>
File: BarKeepersFriend.jpg (742KB, 1158x1712px) Image search: [Google]
BarKeepersFriend.jpg
742KB, 1158x1712px
>>7579353
>How do you get really burned food off of the bottom of a stainless steel pot?
>>
>>7579353
>>7579653
This is good, but if the stuff is really caked on it'll take a long time and a lot of the abrasive to get it off. Steel wool like >>7579386 said might be needed. Steel wool can leave some hefty scratches though, so try gentler methods first.

I doubt a single instance of caking stuff on could make a situation as drastic, but I've even taken an orbital sander to some old pots that had carbon layers too tough for steel wool to make real progress on. I had to buff them in stages afterward and it was a ridiculous amount of work to save some old pots, but I had the sander and the pots were free. I doubt they had been really scrubbed over 10 years of heavy use.
>>
>>7579353
You have a lot of great tips here and a cute cat :). I have also used a little bit of dish soap and heated up my water till it was boiling. Then I let it cool down and I scrub it with a wool pad.
>>
>>7579353

Buy a bottle of regular coca cola, pour it on the pot and boil it on low for a while.

Thank me later.
>>
>>7579744
Be careful doing this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZp29Qeu8_U
>>
>>7579653

I used this stuff and a steel scouring pad to clean a barbeque with 3-year old grease and carbon baked into its metal.

Yes, it worked. Yes, it left scratches. Unless your pot has a lined coating, the scratches won't be a big deal.

Literally nothing else worked. I'm not usually one for product endorsement, but that shit is magical.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.