[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>European baking recipe >everything is in grams >too

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

>European baking recipe
>everything is in grams
>too retarded to work with converting

Fuck this shit I'm buying a food scale.
>>
>>7571450
Baking without a scale is a dumb idea to begin with.
>>
>>7571458
You're not wrong but most american baking recipes use cups.
>>
File: cake.png (905KB, 838x830px) Image search: [Google]
cake.png
905KB, 838x830px
>American baking recipe
>everything is in cups
>>
I have this with american recipes, luckily i don't have down syndrome so converting is pretty easy,
>>
>>7571461
but cups dont come in a standardised size
>>
>>7571554

A cup is a unit of measure. It's roughly equal to 250 mL
>>
>>7571458
True. Most serious bakers use scales.
>>
>>7571554
They do when they're measuring cups. 1 cup = 8oz == 226.796185g
>>
>>7571555
>>7571565
A cup is an object for holding liquids that come in many shapes, sizes and colors
>>
>>7571576
You're a funny guy. A cup is both an object and a measuring unit. Like a bank is both an object to sit on and a institute for managing money. Go look it up on wikipedia.
>>
>>7571576
A measuring cup is an object for measuring out powders and liquids and come in standardized sizes. Many people colloquially refer to a measuring cup as simply "a cup", because the majority of the population do not suffer from autism and can understand context.
>>
>>7571595
>>7571596
what is it with americans and using retarded terms like "feet" and "cups" for measurements when those words already exist for other things that aren't exact sizes
>>
>>7571635
We got it from the Brits
>>
>>7571458
This desu. Weight is the only legitimate measurement for solid ingredients.
>>
>>7571635

Well, we obviously got it from the British system and never changed.

Why anyone worries about it is beyond me though; the conversion factors are so simple you can just do it in your head anyway. Then again, maybe I'm just used to doing that since we Americans often have to convert Euro measurements to ours?
>>
>>7571644
>simple math
>Americans
AW launched 1/3 pound burger to compete with 1/4 pound McBurger but failed:

>Misunderstanding the value of one-third, customers believed they were being overcharged. Why, they asked the researchers, should they pay the same amount for a third of a pound of meat as they did for a quarter-pound of meat at McDonald’s. The “4” in “¼,” larger than the “3” in “⅓,” led them astray
>>
>>7572018
Please tell me this isn't real.
>>
>>7571458

This.

Every kitchen scale should have both grams and ounces, so who gives a fuck.
>>
>>7572080
>grams and ounces
>needing the conversion
You don't do drugs, huh?
>>
>>7572087

I've picked up multiple scales over the years.
>>
How autistic are you? There's shit online that can convert it for you. Google more often, post less.
>>
>>7572069
http://m.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2014/07/great-third-pound-burger-ripoff

Actual source is from the book written by the then-owner of A&W
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.