[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the weirdest thing you were ever served at a restaurant.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (39KB, 300x212px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 300x212px
What's the weirdest thing you were ever served at a restaurant.

Pic related, our local running "sushi" restaurant had this single individual mustard package circling around the belt and no on ever picked it up (and why should they).
Every few minutes the mustard would drive by, just sitting there on its plate. Sometimes I wonder if one of the cooks just wanted to agitate the customers but was too polite to spit in the soup...
>>
sometimes as a joke i will replace my fellow servers' sugar caddies with mustard packets
>>
>>7561177
Wasabi at most restaurants is just horseradish and colouring anyway. Mustard wouldn't be a million miles away.
>>
>>7561311
It's pretty different, lad
>>
>>7561505
they're pretty damn similar
I had mustard years after I first had wasabi (don't ask how, it's just one of those things)
The first thing I thought was
>wow, this is like white people wasabi!

Slight differences but the main sensation is the same
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 439x550px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 439x550px
>>7561311
I did not know this. I feel a little betrayed, is there nothing genuine in this world anymore?
>>
>>7561177
How do rotating sushi places work?

Do you pay for what you take? How do they know?
>>
>>7562044
Ancient Chinese secret, anon
>>
>>7562044
You're either very young or very old.
>>
>>7562060
I'm 25.
>>
>>7562044
from my experience in america, they have a tiered-payment system based on the color of the plates. something like seaweed salad would be served on the cheapest-colored plate, while something like ahi tuna/avocado/sriracha mayo is inexplicably on the highest colored plate.

you stack up your plates as you go, then the waitress totals them. many places have "happy hour" discounts for colors.
>>
>>7562044
I went to one once and price was determined by the color of the dish. You stack up the empty dishes and they total it up at the end. Pic related

>inb4 slip the empty dishes into your purse or bag
>>
>>7561505
>It's pretty different

Weeb detected.

>Wasabi Eutrema japonicum/"Wasabia japonica")[1] is a plant of the Brassicaceae family, which includes cabbages, horseradish, and mustard.
>>
>>7562065
It's the same in Japan. Some places have chips in the plates and the staff just scans the stack all at once to get your total.
>>
>>7561177
No pic, but I went to this place called the Apple House once. I got grilled-beans, fries, and a burger. The beans were the worst thing ever, they were shit-covered embryos. The fries, on the other hand were just chips. Like, American lays-type chips, id lays made their chips by fattening underaged Asian girls than skinning them, bleaching and hardening their skin, and pouring a Dead Sea worth of salt on the shit. Finally, the big one. The burger. The meat had no spices, the cheese was the most plastic-ass thing ever, and I kid you not, it had a fucking pink area in the middle of it, it was literally undone. I literally just ran out without paying, luckily it was in rural-ass Virginia and I live in Kentucky so I doubt they's find me, even if they do they should pay me for eating there without an heroing myself on the spot.

Also, they were in the middle of Virginia yet they sold Ale-8, IDK how but they did, and that is kinda weird.
>>
>>7562070
Roses and strawberries are also related but different. It's not a hard concept to grasp.
>>
>>7562140
It's not pretty different though. Horseradish, Mustard & Weebsabi both contain the same chemical that gives them all the same basic taste profile.
>>
>>7562044
Here's one of the more automated examples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R47tfK1dna8
>>
>>7562044
OP here, it's a all you can eat place. You pay about 20€ and can eat as much as you want but as I mentioned the quality isn't all that great.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.