[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When I make scrambled eggs it always sticks so I have to scrape

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: Cast-Iron-Pan.jpg (2MB, 3900x1850px) Image search: [Google]
Cast-Iron-Pan.jpg
2MB, 3900x1850px
When I make scrambled eggs it always sticks so I have to scrape some of it off. So most of the time I stick to sunny side up because it works better. I cook it with leftover bacon grease after I cook bacon. How do I get it to not stick?
>>
>>7542273

I assume you're using a cast iron pan in which case if it sticks you need to season your pan.
>>
>>7542273
Because newer cast iron pans are shit. They didn't machine smooth so you're left with a rough surface and consequently food that stick. Either sand it down yourself or add 1 inch of oil/butter.
>>
>get shitty lodge skillet
>abuse it for years
>cook several batches in a row of sourdough psncakes
>with no oil
>just werks
>>
>>7542273
Make it in a non stick pan
>>
crack in the pan

don't stop stirring

on the heat, off the heat, etc. you know the goddamn video
>>
just get a teflon pan
>>
>>7542349
Salt.
Pepper.
Olive oil.
>>
Season the fuck out of the cast-iron pan or get a dedicated non-stick egg pan. Make sure you're using low heat and that there aren't bits of bacon stuck to the pan.
>>
>>7542273
Try a butter like Kerrysgold or President, not some shit tier butter, heat the pan up on medium-low for 2 or 3 minutes, add butter, spread it around, add scrambled eggs, let them cook a bit and turn solid on the bottom, scramble. They shouldn't stick. Nothing stuck to pan? Wipe clean with a paper towel, repeat the next morning.
>>
>>7542349
>is that my toast burning
>>
>>7542273

lower heat, crack in pan, butter, little bit of cream or milk, keep stirring
>>
File: DSC_1355.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1355.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
This is and old Wagner pan that isn't seasoned too well. I grind black pepper and pour salt right into the fat right before i crack the eggs in. It reduces surface tension and they don't stick at all for me.
>>
>>7542273
Use a non-stick pan, and add oil first.
>>
Low heat.
>>
>>7542805
>using olive oil to grease your skillet
you realize that shit is not for cooking right?
>>
>>7542805
>Olive oil.

"no"
>>
>>7544616

Normal olive oil is great for cooking. It's only extra-virgin that's not.
>>
>>7544616
>>7544625

not even particularly clear that extra virgin is bad for cooking
>>
>>7544616
>>7544625
keep it in the steak thread
>>
Sand down the cooking surface smooth like a mirror, then season. Problem solved.
>>
>>7544626

come on guys, you add oil AND BUTTER. Wait till butter stops foaming, now its at proper temp. Then you add your eggs, salt and pepper.

christ.
>>
>>7544632

>come on guys, you do this idiosyncratic and redundant thing!
>>
>cooking eggs in anything but butter

ISHYGDDT!
>>
>>7544632
Im vegan you fuck.
>>
Eggs are like the reason for the invention of nonstick pans. I prefer cast iron for a shit ton of dishes but nonstick is best for eggs.
>>
>>7544646
So why are you posting in an egg thread?
>>
>>7542273
dont use a frying pan.
>>
>>7542349
dont listen to this dude, you'll get shitty scrambled eggs

>crack two eggs in a bowl
>whisk with a fork until yolk and white combined
>put pan on medium heat
>add knob of butter to pan before you put it on the heat
>don't use olive oil, too strong a flavor
>before butter completely melts pour in eggs, also make sure the pan isn't very hot yet
>leave it until you see it starting to form air pockets underneath the eggs
>immediately stir with a wooden spoon, slowly
>stop stirring when you see the air bubbles have stopped momentarily(literally stir for 10 seconds)
>when you see air pockets form again, stir slowly, again
>take the pan from the heat(the pan should only just be getting to medium heat) the surface of the eggs should still be slightly uhh...gooey I guess
>add salt and pepper, parsley if you like
>scrape out onto toast or whatever you want them with
>the eggs will continue to cook, the gooeyness will dissipate
>eat

proper scrambled eggs, you don't need cream, milk or any other shit
source: apprentice at 2 Michelin star restaurant
>>
>>7544515

>two burner range
>on wooden counter from dinosaur times
>grampy's oversharpened steak knife
>visible wires
>stacks of clutter

what is your life
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.